ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dusya
Newly Registered

Post by Dusya » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:09 pm

GodGives: We are not married yet but have lived together for 2.5 years now.

Is this what you are talking about ?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ly-permit/

There is a line at the bottom saying that:

"If you and your partner are not married or in a civil partnership, you must be able to show that you are in a durable relationship with each other."

We are considering of getting married once documents are back and before she must leave the country so that we can then apply for residence documents for non-EEA family members of EEA nationals and have a more solid grounds for such application. We can still prove that we lived together that long but I believe after such amount of time spent together marriage should be an ultimate proof.

To be honest with you about solicitors, it has come to our attention that collective thinking (discussion on forums like these one are much more effective route as a couple of soliciting companies we tried to speak to refused to even give an advice without us paying them 250£ per such session" and I am not really looking to throw away such an amount of money with no proof of them even knowing what they are going to talk about as every immigration case is different and complex)

verbina Привет! Да, мы оба свободно владеем русским языком =)

Back to English: As they have left us with "no right to appeal" they try to hint that its their solid final decision in some sort of way, so that definitely tells us that it is not just a matter of forgetting to tick an odd box on a form or something like that.

Regarding "Decree absolute" - it wasn't sent to the HO at the time because the visa application form was filed before it arrived. ( long story)

We have sent a letter describing domestic violence but had no proof at hand as we never registered that with the police as he was threatening to take "action" at the time and then at later stages we couldn't even prove that he was stalking us near our own house for another year......

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:18 pm

@Dusya
Ok great! For some reason ukba are dead bent on seeing divorce cert-i have a similar story with d/v from psycho ex, but I never actually got around to getting a divorce, although we been separated for 7 years and both have new partners.
So basically when I said that I've been with my english boyfriend for nearly 6 years and I'm his common law wife, my solicitor said it means nothing and ukba needs to see proof that my marriage ended before they consider my new partner. :(
Last edited by verbina on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Dusya wrote:GodGives: We are not married yet but have lived together for 2.5 years now.

"If you and your partner are not married or in a civil partnership, you must be able to show that you are in a durable relationship with each other."

We are considering of getting married once documents are back and before she must leave the country so that we can then apply for residence documents for non-EEA family members of EEA nationals and have a more solid grounds for such application. We can still prove that we lived together that long but I believe after such amount of time spent together marriage should be an ultimate proof.

To be honest with you about solicitors, it has come to our attention that collective thinking (discussion on forums like these one are much more effective route as a couple of soliciting companies we tried to speak to refused to even give an advice without us paying them 250£ per such session" and I am not really looking to throw away such an amount of money with no proof of them even knowing what they are going to talk about as every immigration case is different and complex)

Back to English: As they have left us with "no right to appeal" they try to hint that its their solid final decision in some sort of way, so that definitely tells us that it is not just a matter of forgetting to tick an odd box on a form or something like that.

Regarding "Decree absolute" - it wasn't sent to the HO at the time because the visa application form was filed before it arrived. ( long story)

We have sent a letter describing domestic violence but had no proof at hand as we never registered that with the police as he was threatening to take "action" at the time and then at later stages we couldn't even prove that he was stalking us near our own house for another year......
Yes you have got that right. I think EU law is better and more flexible. All the best
Godgives

maud32
Newly Registered

Re: Granted!!!!

Post by maud32 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:28 pm

verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:Congratulations Papa,But does it matter if you are not able to claim benefits or not? To me it does not matter, as long as I can go back to work, and be able to move freely. Goodluck to everyone still waiting.
Well said!!! No disrespect to those relying on benefits, but its not in my nature. I was brought up to work hard and only rely on myself financially. So all i need is permission to work and to travel -then there s no stopping me!! Lol

I only asked so that I know all the changes about discretionary leave because last year the rules about studying on this type of visa just a month after a started my degree. It's better to know than being on the other side of the law. It doesn't mean I am on benefits

verbina
Russia

Re: Granted!!!!

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:19 pm

maud32 wrote:
verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:Congratulations Papa,But does it matter if you are not able to claim benefits or not? To me it does not matter, as long as I can go back to work, and be able to move freely. Goodluck to everyone still waiting.
Well said!!! No disrespect to those relying on benefits, but its not in my nature. I was brought up to work hard and only rely on myself financially. So all i need is permission to work and to travel -then there s no stopping me!! Lol

I only asked so that I know all the changes about discretionary leave because last year the rules about studying on this type of visa just a month after a started my degree. It's better to know than being on the other side of the law. It doesn't mean I am on benefits
Sorry luv! It wasnt aimed at you at all!! :D

davdav
Newly Registered

flr(o) Discretionary leave to remain waiting time...?

Post by davdav » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:22 pm

My lawyer called me that ukba needs more evidence from me and my wife about our relationsship and it must get to ukba b4 thurday.i will take every document to my lawyer on monday and send same day.pls,when can i be expecting decision and what is my chances.pls i need ur reply guys so that i can be ok.cheers.

verbina
Russia

Re: flr(o) Discretionary leave to remain waiting time...?

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:36 pm

davdav wrote:My lawyer called me that ukba needs more evidence from me and my wife about our relationsship and it must get to ukba b4 thurday.i will take every document to my lawyer on monday and send same day.pls,when can i be expecting decision and what is my chances.pls i need ur reply guys so that i can be ok.cheers.
It sounds really positive hun! Whenever they request extra evidence they usually deliver results pretty quickly! Especially as they gave you a deadline-Thursday, so your case has been allocated to a caseworker!

Chidy

Re: flr(o) Discretionary leave to remain waiting time...?

Post by Chidy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:41 am

davdav wrote:My lawyer called me that ukba needs more evidence from me and my wife about our relationsship and it must get to ukba b4 thurday.i will take every document to my lawyer on monday and send same day.pls,when can i be expecting decision and what is my chances.pls i need ur reply guys so that i can be ok.cheers.
It means they are dealing with your case. It could take up to three months to get a decision. At least you know they are working on your case!

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:26 am

Dusya wrote:GodGives: We are not married yet but have lived together for 2.5 years now.

Hi Dusya, sorry for the refusal but my personal suggestion is for you to apply for Residence Card based on your relationship with your partner since you can prove 2.5years of cohabitation. Include your "Decree Absolute" of course and when you have been issued with a CoA, you can can now get married either in the Church of England or the registry, that way it will be safe for you to have your wedding because I hear the registry always inform UKBA of marriages if they come across illegals trying to tie the knot. That way (God forbid they pay you a visit on your wedding day) you'll be free to proceed with your marriage as you'd have a valid application pending. After the marriage, you can send your marriage certificate as more proof of your relationship. The EEA application is about £55, takes at most 6 months to decide and you can apply for permanent residence just after 5 years. I believe it's more hassle free...Just my opinion though. Good luck.

davdav
Newly Registered

more document

Post by davdav » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 am

Helo KFM,thanks for charing ur timelines.my application is almost 15months,yesterday my rang me tht they a letter from ukba requesting for more document and it must get to them latest thursday.by monday i will give my lawyer send it to with special delivery so tht they can recieve it second day.pls,when ukba asked for more document,is there any deadline or they just ask u and what are d document u sent again?so tht i can happy and freedom like u.cheers.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: more document

Post by GodGives » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:50 am

davdav wrote:Helo KFM,thanks for charing ur timelines.my application is almost 15months,yesterday my rang me tht they a letter from ukba requesting for more document and it must get to them latest thursday.by monday i will give my lawyer send it to with special delivery so tht they can recieve it second day.pls,when ukba asked for more document,is there any deadline or they just ask u and what are d document u sent again?so tht i can happy and freedom like u.cheers.
A decision is normally made with 3-7days. Congratulations in advance
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: more document

Post by GodGives » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:04 am

davdav wrote:Helo KFM,thanks for charing ur timelines.my application is almost 15months,yesterday my rang me tht they a letter from ukba requesting for more document and it must get to them latest thursday.by monday i will give my lawyer send it to with special delivery so tht they can recieve it second day.pls,when ukba asked for more document,is there any deadline or they just ask u and what are d document u sent again?so tht i can happy and freedom like u.cheers.
Send in bills, bank statements in your name and her name. Payslips as well as far back as u can. Even if you don't have any in both Ur names send the ones in only Ur name. All d best
Godgives

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:28 am

Just rang ukba to check up on my application and this is what they said.

Ukba started dealing with application where the applicant did biometric from 6th of June 2013 to march 2013 they started working on it from 1st of June 2013.... And I asked if my case been allocated to caseworker and he said yes that my case has been worked on and a corespondent was received from my mp and my application is been worked on but not yet complete but they keen on clearing the application where biometric was done from June 2013 to march 2013 before the end of summer and that I will deffinately hear from them before them

Lord help us all and hope this backlog they claim to be clearing is true

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:52 am

a quick google search tells me that summer ends Saturday september 21st. But since we know that the UKBA are pathological liars, they could still say its still summer if a day in December is sunny.

I actually think the tactics they are imploring now is quite reasonable. I mean they've obviously allocated the backlogs to a separate team(more likely experienced). And the current FLR(O) are being processed by probably a new team. This means new applications wont get delayed because a caseworker is sitting on a case submitted 10 years ago.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:15 am

ONLYME1 wrote:Just rang ukba to check up on my application and this is what they said.

Ukba started dealing with application where the applicant did biometric from 6th of June 2013 to march 2013 they started working on it from 1st of June 2013.... And I asked if my case been allocated to caseworker and he said yes that my case has been worked on and a corespondent was received from my mp and my application is been worked on but not yet complete but they keen on clearing the application where biometric was done from June 2013 to march 2013 before the end of summer and that I will deffinately hear from them before them

I also phoned in yesterday and was just told that my case has not been dealt with yet...I asked whether it has been allocated a caseworker and the response was...I cannot tell you that either all you need to know is that we are working on it and cannot promise when it will be completed.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dusya
Newly Registered

Post by Dusya » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:19 am

GLH2012, thanks for your advice.
We decided to get married and to apply for the Residence Card. Today we have an appointment with a person in Church of England to see if they agree to marry us (marriage in a church after divorce is tricky). Also Registry Office called us back today saying that they could marry us but for the first appointment I need to have the Decree Absolute with me.
And here comes the problem. I need to have the Decree Absolute in any case – Registry Office, Church of England and Home Office, but I am still waiting for it. My trusted person is trying to get it right now in Kazakhstan but they say that it could take another week or so. The actual divorce was finalised more than a year ago but they have difficulty issuing the certificate not directly into my hands.
And if we will not receive it in time than we will not be able to get married…
In this case we will apply for the Residence Card as me being an unmarried partner. Do you think it would be possible to send them the Decree Absolute at a later date? After they will receive all my other documents.
And another question, we are trying to win as much time for our application as we can, do we only have this 28 days that they gave us or we have another 28 days as an overstayer? That would make it 56 days which is much better…
p.s. still have not received the documents back with the refusal letter though.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:49 am

ONLYME1 wrote:Just rang ukba to check up on my application and this is what they said.

When did u complete your bio hun?

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:11 am

sanny26 wrote:

Hi sanny, i just sent u PM
Ale001

socrates

Post by socrates » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:25 am

sanny26 wrote:

Can you please share when you did your biometric, It would make the information you gave more clearer to others. I did mine in February 2013 . Thanks

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:30 am

socrates wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Can you please share when you did your biometric, It would make the information you gave more clearer to others. I did mine in February 2013 . Thanks

Mine was on 20th March so if this true then there is hope for us yet :wink: :wink: :wink:

socrates

Post by socrates » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:40 am

My Timeline:
Documents sent- July 27th 2012
Ack letter from UKBA- August 3rd 2013
Biometric letter recieved- February 11th 2013
Biometric Done- February 12th 2013
Documents Returned- Still waiting
CrystalNewbie wrote:
socrates wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Mine was on 20th March so if this true then there is hope for us yet :wink: :wink: :wink:

socrates

Post by socrates » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:44 am

@ Sanni, I sent an email to Ombudsman service yesterday afternoon but haven't heard from them. How long was yours before you got a reply? If you don't mind please
socrates wrote:My Timeline:
Documents sent- July 27th 2012
Ack letter from UKBA- August 3rd 2013
Biometric letter recieved- February 11th 2013
Biometric Done- February 12th 2013
Documents Returned- Still waiting
CrystalNewbie wrote:
socrates wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by grenadagirl » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:50 am

What I don't understand is how ukba has started doing July 2013 applications but hasn't yet finished July 2012......

Chidy

Re: waiting

Post by Chidy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:07 pm

grenadagirl wrote:What I don't understand is how ukba has started doing July 2013 applications but hasn't yet finished July 2012......
H.O is in a mess and now they are trying to save their reputation by putting some "make-up" on their performance. So do not be surprise to hear that they are dealing with new application the same day whereas they have thousands of files on their desk.

verbina
Russia

Re: waiting

Post by verbina » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Chidy wrote:
grenadagirl wrote:What I don't understand is how ukba has started doing July 2013 applications but hasn't yet finished July 2012......
H.O is in a mess and now they are trying to save their reputation by putting some "make-up" on their performance. So do not be surprise to hear that they are dealing with new application the same day whereas they have thousands of files on their desk.
Grrrrrrr!!!!!! Disgusting!!!
Come on peeps! We need some more good news on here today!!!
I bet somebody gets granted today!!!!
Happy Friday! #heatwave!