ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Professional looking for UK Job

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

virajrao
Newly Registered

IT Professional looking for UK Job

Post by virajrao » Fri May 04, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi,

I am having over 7 years experience in IT industry. Currently working as Project Manager with leading Financial institute in Mumbai handling London operations.

I am interested in making career in UK and would like to know the options of getting a job. I am planning to apply for HSMP( i qualify for HSMP visa based on point system), but with current UK govt. policy towards HSMP visa, i am little worried.

Please let me know the current job market in UK and HSMP visa status.

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:11 pm

your best bet will be to get a transfer to UK from your current employer. May be as an onsite co-ordinator and once you are here you can try others. I choose this route and is here for last 9 years.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri May 04, 2007 5:21 pm

maveli62 wrote:your best bet will be to get a transfer to UK from your current employer. May be as an onsite co-ordinator and once you are here you can try others. I choose this route and is here for last 9 years.
And me since the last 7 yrs... :D :D :D

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Sun May 06, 2007 10:55 pm

What exactly do u mean by

"current UK govt. policy towards HSMP visa, i am little worried. "

I am applying for VISA this week; I,ve got an HSMP approval. Yr comments are scary.

virajrao
Newly Registered

Post by virajrao » Mon May 07, 2007 6:19 am

What i meant was has appeared in newspaper in India.. stating many HSMP visa holders already in UK are being sent back.especially doctors.. due to change in criteria.

I didn't mean to scare anyone :D .. just needed more clarifications from people already working on HSMP.