ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum or human right??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

razraz

Asylum or human right??

Post by razraz » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:41 pm

A friend of mine in the UK for last 8 years in tier 4 student visa. Had 2 kids 4 and 2 . He can't extend student visa becoz of new rules. Can he claim asylum in order to stay here n make it 10 years or is there any chance he can lodge a human right application becoz his kid go to school and age running at 5 years. Will tht help to make a case stronger. Becoz kid goes to school and when asked she doesn't wana go back to parents country. Any chance??

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Asylum or human right??

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:58 pm

razraz wrote:A friend of mine in the UK for last 8 years in tier 4 student visa. Had 2 kids 4 and 2 . He can't extend student visa becoz of new rules. Can he claim asylum in order to stay here n make it 10 years or is there any chance he can lodge a human right application becoz his kid go to school and age running at 5 years. Will tht help to make a case stronger. Becoz kid goes to school and when asked she doesn't wana go back to parents country. Any chance??
I bet when asked the four year old would prefer chocolate or a favourite food for every meal.

razraz

Post by razraz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 pm

PaperPusher wrote:
razraz wrote:A friend of mine in the UK for last 8 years in tier 4 student visa. Had 2 kids 4 and 2 . He can't extend student visa becoz of new rules. Can he claim asylum in order to stay here n make it 10 years or is there any chance he can lodge a human right application becoz his kid go to school and age running at 5 years. Will tht help to make a case stronger. Becoz kid goes to school and when asked she doesn't wana go back to parents country. Any chance??
I bet when asked the four year old would prefer chocolate or a favourite food for every meal.
Thank you. That was really helpful .

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:58 pm

This smells of something...

The only way your 'friend' can apply for asylum is if he has a legitimate claim. Having lived here for 8 years already makes it looks as though there is NOT a legitimate asylum claim. Having kids does not anchor you here, unlike the USA. The kids would have to be over 7 years old...

This looks like your friend trying to subvert the rules and make legitimate immigrants look like scroungers. These stories make me angry...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:03 pm

You can put in a claim for family life. Whether you're successful is a different story. Write a compelling story why you should be granted leave, time in the UK, strong ties and children here will all support your case.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vignette

Post by vignette » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 am

Surely after 8 years as a student - your friend should have suitable qualifications to enable him to apply for a job under Tier 2?