ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance concern for speedy visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kpal
Newly Registered

Maintenance concern for speedy visa

Post by kpal » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:43 pm

I am a USA citizen applying for a Tier 2 (general) visa. My sponsoring employer wants me to start in 2 months but I do not think I can apply due to Maintenance issues for at least another 2 months. If anybody knows other ways to prove Maintenance (e.g. parental co-signing) please let me know.

my situation:
have >900 pounds, split between 3 accounts (I am assuming this is OK but please tell me if it all must be in the same account). About a month ago, the total balance dipped to about 870 pounds for 2 days - this means the earliest I can start my 90 day period is at the point it returned to >900 pounds, correct?

It appears like I may have to wait another 2 months, but I am hoping to find an error in my logic and I havent been able to recieve advice from UK/US embassy or WorldBridge Service

Thanks,
Kyle

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:01 pm

You can ask the sponsor to certify the maintenance for you, if you don't run out of money in the 1st month they don't actually need to do anything other than tick the box when assigning the certificate.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:44 am

The balance should not drop below 900 even for a day and even by a pound, otherwise the appication is rejected.
However, you can ask them to certify that they will sponsor your maintiance if ever required. This is done while assigning the COS and by checking on one of the options towards the end.