ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spanish Schengen Visa refused twice - to complain or not?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cindycs
Newly Registered

Spanish Schengen Visa refused twice - to complain or not?

Post by cindycs » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to ask some advice on one point.

My partner (Indian) has been refused twice now for a Schengen visit visa both times on the basis that he does not have sufficient funds etc, and that his intention to leave after 90 days could not be ascertained.

True he does not have funds, but I do and confirmed my intention to sponsor him very clearly. So surely his financial situation should not have been a reason for his refusal?

Secondly, he has travelled to the UK, Europe and Thailand previously and never overstayed. Surely he has a good track record?

I am a UK citizen but currently living in Spain and wanted to invite him for 3 months to see if he felt he could live there after we are married.

We feel his refusals are totally unfair and would like to complain. Would anyone have any advice about this? Thanks for your time.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:23 pm

Have you lived together already, and if so for how many years?

cindycs
Newly Registered

Post by cindycs » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:40 am

We have only lived together in India for 6 months (where we met and I was travelling Dec 2011 - Apr 2012), then 5.5 months when he came for the birth of our baby (staying with me at family home Aug 2012 - Feb 2013). Otherwise our time has been spent apart trying to get visas.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:36 pm

i am guessing you did not declare that he is spouse of a EU naitonal, coz he can not be refused if u are living there and he is joining u

cindycs
Newly Registered

Post by cindycs » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:10 pm

We are not married yet. We had planned to get married at some point but now after all the difficulties we have encountered we have decided to get married sooner rather than later.