ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neutron
Newly Registered

Post by neutron » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 am

Hi everyone
got a couple of questions.
I'm a dependent of a refugee with ILR, I'm I eligible to apply for a CTD?. I dont have a home office document but my "sponsor" has. Also Im over 18.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by babe_khyber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 pm

neutron wrote:Hi everyone
got a couple of questions.
I'm a dependent of a refugee with ILR, I'm I eligible to apply for a CTD?. I dont have a home office document but my "sponsor" has. Also Im over 18.
If you are included in his asylum claim then you will be eligible for CTD if not then you will use the national passport. Did you have immigration status as dependant of refugee or just brought you after he has got it refugee status.
best wishes
babe khyber

J2013
Newly Registered

Re: re travel document for refugees after ILR

Post by J2013 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 pm

babe_khyber wrote:
alex_shvjac wrote:Mirna,

Is this your first TD or a replacement following ILR granted?

Alex
Any good news from home office about travel document please share us if there is some received travel document
My timeline submitting TD112 on 18/03/13
Home Office received recorded dlv 19/03/13
acknowledgement letter received 25/03/13 dated 20/03/13
travel document received Waiting.
best wishes for the rest
babe khyber
I applied for mine on the 6/02/13 and i am still waiting for my CTV.... have you heard anything yet?

abdolrahman
Newly Registered

Post by abdolrahman » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:32 am

Hi guys

Good news is for all of them who applied for Travel Document and they have been waiting for 3 or 4 month so don't worry about that , because in fact I have been waiting for 11 month and I didn't receive any thing until today.
Good lock for all
Rahman :wink: :wink: :idea: :arrow:

neutron
Newly Registered

Post by neutron » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:43 pm

If you are included in his asylum claim then you will be eligible for CTD if not then you will use the national passport. Did you have immigration status as dependant of refugee or just brought you after he has got it refugee status.
best wishes
babe khyber
Thanks for replying.:) I came here under Family reunion. Myy visa started that as well as my "sponsor" name on visa, after he got refugee status. Dont really know what that makes me, kinda of confusing.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by babe_khyber » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:50 pm

J2013 wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:

Alex
Any good news from home office about travel document please share us if there is some received travel document
best wishes for the rest
babe khyber
I applied for mine on the 6/02/13 and i am still waiting for my CTV.... have you heard anything yet?
Good news for you I heard from our MP on Friday she call the home office about my travel document processing and she told me the home office said her they are now issuing in Feb application that is why you will be receiving next month. however you will be receiving very soon because you have applied in Feb.
best wishes
babe khyber

J2013
Newly Registered

Post by J2013 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:46 am

babe_khyber wrote:
J2013 wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:

Alex
best wishes for the rest
babe khyber
Good news for you I heard from our MP on Friday she call the home office about my travel document processing and she told me the home office said her they are now issuing in Feb application that is why you will be receiving next month. however you will be receiving very soon because you have applied in Feb.
best wishes
babe khyber
thank you so much for this news, I just hope it all come to life and u get ur CTD too. So we can all be happy and enjoy our Summer,.... this as really put a smile on face like a kid in a sweet toy... the HO really need to learn to treat us better. Thank your MP too because she has helped more than my happy as done.

J2013
Newly Registered

Post by J2013 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:36 am

J2013 wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:
J2013 wrote:
babe_khyber wrote: Any good news from home office about travel document please share us if there is some received travel document
best wishes for the rest
babe khyber
best wishes
babe khyber
thank you so much for this news, I just hope it all come to life and u get ur CTD too. So we can all be happy and enjoy our Summer,.... this as really put a smile on face like a kid in a sweet shop... the HO really need to learn to treat us better. Thank your MP too because she has helped more than my happy as done.

KeepCalm

CTD Received, Final Timeline

Post by KeepCalm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:01 am

Hi Everyone,
Application timeline
Eligibility criteria: Refugee status ILR (convention travel documents)
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 05-02-2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 07-02-2013
Date of debit of fees: 14-02-2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 07-02-2013
Date of receipt of travel document: 24-06-2013
Total waiting time: 4 Months 19 days
Good luck and see you in Nationality thread.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: CTD Received, Final Timeline

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

KeepCalm wrote:Hi Everyone,
Application timeline
Congratulation: keepCalm for you have got it your travel document back from the home office. Did you submitted the expire travel document one or just applied for the new one.
best wishes
babe khyber

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:28 pm

babe_khyber wrote:
Application timeline
Congratulation: keepCalm for you have got it your travel document back from the home office. Did you submitted the expire travel document one or just applied for the new one.
best wishes
babe khyber[/
I submitted old CTD with application and got back both, old and new CTD.

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:31 pm

babe_khyber wrote:
Application timeline
best wishes
babe khyber

J2013
Newly Registered

Post by J2013 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:33 pm

KeepCalm wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:
Application timeline
best wishes
babe khyber
Congrat, I am so happy for u!! I am just keeping my fingers cross that I get mine soon. what I am worrying about is just that it was my first time applying so i don't know if they are taking longer for the first timer and less time for the second people around??? my application date was on the 6th of feb a day after you. Again Congratulation

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:58 pm

J2013 wrote:
KeepCalm wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:
Application timeline
best wishes
babe khyber
Congrat, I am so happy for u!! I am just keeping my fingers cross that I get mine soon. what I am worrying about is just that it was my first time applying so i don't know if they are taking longer for the first timer and less time for the second people around??? my application date was on the 6th of feb a day after you. Again Congratulation
Thank You. So kind of you.
Doesn't matter if its first or second. You gona get it soon. So don't worry too much. Keep Calm like my name 8)

parivash
Newly Registered

Post by parivash » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:04 pm

KeepCalm wrote:
J2013 wrote:
KeepCalm wrote:
babe_khyber wrote: Congratulation: keepCalm for you have got it your travel document back from the home office. Did you submitted the expire travel document one or just applied for the new one.
best wishes
babe khyber
Doesn't matter if its first or second. You gona get it soon. So don't worry too much. Keep Calm like my name 8)

Hi Guys, happy for you that you got your TD, and just to say that my application is first time too, i applied 12 March, almost 3 months and half, and still waiting for CTD, I don't know why it take too long for it to be issued,still waitinggggg :(

J2013
Newly Registered

Post by J2013 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:02 pm

KeepCalm wrote:
J2013 wrote:
KeepCalm wrote:
babe_khyber wrote: Congratulation: keepCalm for you have got it your travel document back from the home office. Did you submitted the expire travel document one or just applied for the new one.
best wishes
babe khyber
i will try to keep Calm but as you know it not easy when you are loosing out on Jobs and holidays.... fingers cross it all goes well... coz i will nearly be loosing it

parivash
Newly Registered

Post by parivash » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 pm

J2013 wrote:
KeepCalm wrote:
J2013 wrote:
KeepCalm wrote: I submitted old CTD with application and got back both, old and new CTD.
i will try to keep Calm but as you know it not easy when you are loosing out on Jobs and holidays.... fingers cross it all goes well... coz i will nearly be loosing it

you are right my friend, but remember, you are not alone, we are all together waiting, so lets have hope :)

J2013
Newly Registered

Post by J2013 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:21 am

parivash wrote:
J2013 wrote:
KeepCalm wrote:
J2013 wrote:

you are right my friend, but remember, you are not alone, we are all together waiting, so lets have hope :)
That all i have HOPE :(

Michael.U
Newly Registered

Post by Michael.U » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi all,
I applied in nov 2012 for my confirmation on 3rd dec 2012 and am still waiting till now. Calling them doesn't help they seem confused with the info they give and very unpleasant. its been more than 6 months wait and am getting frustrated. A know a few people that applied in feb 2013 and got theirs last week. Is anyone in same boat as me?

J2013
Newly Registered

Post by J2013 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Michael.U wrote:Hi all,
I applied in nov 2012 for my confirmation on 3rd dec 2012 and am still waiting till now. Calling them doesn't help they seem confused with the info they give and very unpleasant. its been more than 6 months wait and am getting frustrated. A know a few people that applied in feb 2013 and got theirs last week. Is anyone in same boat as me?

Ask your MP to write them a Letter for some people it seems to help.
I have applied for mine this Feb and still have not receive anything... you need to push hard, when you call the UKBA they are very unhelpful... also an emergency document helps to speed up the process

J2013
Newly Registered

Re: CTD

Post by J2013 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:31 pm

tab0287 wrote:Hi guys,
Just to let you know I have recieved my travel document last week 12/06/2013.
I applied on the 31 January, so about 4 and a half months waiting.

good luck to everyone!
Hi I just wanted to know if you did receive any letter from the HO saying they have approved of your application....?? because when I last spoke to them they said that after receiving the receipt letter of my application there is another letter that comes from the HO saying they accepted your application???

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:32 pm

J2013 wrote:

good luck to everyone!
Hi I just wanted to know if you did receive any letter from the HO saying they have approved of your application....?? because when I last spoke to them they said that after receiving the receipt letter of my application there is another letter that comes from the HO saying they accepted your application???
Hi, they send you only acknowledgment letter only, Nothing else.

Michael.U
Newly Registered

Post by Michael.U » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 pm

J2013 wrote:

good luck to everyone!
They have no clue every time you speak to someone there they tell you something different not forgetting how long you have to wait to speak to someone. Their service is very shameful

J2013
Newly Registered

Post by J2013 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Michael.U wrote:
J2013 wrote:

good luck to everyone!
They have no clue every time you speak to someone there they tell you something different not forgetting how long you have to wait to speak to someone. Their service is very shameful
to many different information causes confusion, they don't even knoe what they are talking about half of the time which is stupid.... after a long wait of half n hour for them to answer the phone with a 3 minute convo of "WAIT THE HO WILL CONTACT YOU" I hate this so much!!! just want to get it over with .... Thank you for your reply

parivash
Newly Registered

Post by parivash » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:43 pm

babe_khyber wrote:

Alex
best wishes for the rest
babe khyber
Waiting friend, just to let you know that I have exactly the same timeline as yours, just called the HO today, they said that they are still processing the applications submitted in Feb...

Best of luck for all of us