ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 and NI Contribution details

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:27 pm

I dont have all the P60's with me for applying ILR. I got a letter from HMRC mentioning the tax paid for all the 5 years in one single letter.

Is this sufficient or do I also need a letter on NI contributions.

Can anyone please reply.

newbie_2013

Re: P60 and NI Contribution details

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:33 pm

sujyo wrote:P60 and NI Contribution details

I dont have all the P60's with me for applying ILR. I got a letter from HMRC mentioning the tax paid for all the 5 years in one single letter.

Can anyone please reply.
No mention of your visa category!!!!

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:55 pm

No need for any other letter however it is advisable to get employment history for piece of mind
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:15 pm

@newbie_2013
Visa category is Tier 1 general Initial entry on work permit.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:19 pm

@loveworld
Do i need to take the employment histroy from HMRC or is it the same tax paid letter from HMRC.

londener

Post by londener » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:43 pm

You would get everything from HMRC.
In my case,
I asked for SA302 for all 4 or if the current year is not submitted .
NI contribution report for all years.
A HMRC employment history where your income and tax are shown.They say it may takes two weeks , normally you will get within a week.
I did not get any trouble in this regards.
cheers
believe in yourself !!!

newbie_2013

Re: P60 and NI Contribution details

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:05 pm

sujyo wrote:P60 and NI Contribution details

Can anyone please reply.

Are you employed with the same employer for all the years?
P60s are only issued to employees who has worked through the April month of the tax year (I am sure you know this but just mentioning). I've only managed to sucessfully work 3+ years out of the 5 year qualifying period (bad luck with job redundencies) and I only have two P60s and an additional letter from the employer mentioning the tax and NI paid for the 3rd year (No P60 for that 3rd year because I havent worked through the April month, was made redundant around Jan of that year).

So in total I have p60+employer letter to confirm that I've paid all taxes and NI when I was employed. I am not requesting any other letters from HMRC (As this will be just a duplication of information). But then again if you have enough time, request them for your peace of mind. Nothing is really irreleavant for ILR.

cheers

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:48 pm

@ londnor
You would get everything from HMRC.
In my case,
1- I asked for SA302 for all 4 or if the current year is not submitted .
2- NI contribution report for all years.
3- A HMRC employment history where your income and tax are shown.
Forgive my misunderstanding but can you please confirm if you asked for all above documents? and did you get 3 separate reports/letters?

I am going to phone HMRC for my employment history and my understanding is, I will only need to ask them for employment history which they will send in a form of letter and that letter will have all required information.
Do i need to ask them for all above which you listed? i.e. 1- SA302 , 2- NI contribution report, 3- HMRC employment history.

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:31 pm

@sujyo
Please note that you only need to take employment history for all 5 year , it is single piece of paper mentioning all 5yrs history of urs.

It is advisable if you have any p60 just carry with you but don't show it unless asked for.

This is 100percent confirmed.

Even if you have in letter they R not interested so keep it simple to make it quicker & guys don't forget to take photocopies.

The caseworker loves less work for them so in that way you making them happy so as U
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:12 pm

loveworld wrote:@sujyo
Please note that you only need to take employment history for all 5 year , it is single piece of paper mentioning all 5yrs history of urs.

It is advisable if you have any p60 just carry with you but don't show it unless asked for.

Even if you have in letter they R not interested so keep it simple to make it quicker & guys don't forget to take photocopies.

The caseworker loves less work for them so in that way you making them happy so as U
Where is it mentioned that we need to submit employment history with ILR? It is a non requirement. But it is only 'advisable' to get all documents not mandatory.

londener

Post by londener » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:18 pm

I've asked three of them because sometimes they may forget to send the employment history or they could send incomplete one .Then why not to make sure that you are at peace of mind. It it just needed to show that you are economically active for five years .You can claim either way just submitting P60 for all year,a letter from your employer stating that you worked five years.It is advisable to support any of your claim with two supporting documents.
1. P60
2.NI contribution.
3.Employment history.
4.SA302
5.Your employer letter etc...
I think that would make you clear.
Never forget to write in your covering letter that you are economically active for five years.
Cheers
believe in yourself !!!

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:23 am

Agree, why make things complicated?

Please look through all the successful cases for documentions they had submitted..
newbie_2013 wrote:
loveworld wrote:@sujyo

Where is it mentioned that we need to submit employment history with ILR? It is a non requirement. But it is only 'advisable' to get all documents not mandatory.

sujyo

NI Contributions Phone numbers

Post by sujyo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:30 am

@loveworld

Is tax paid letter from HMRC same as employment history?

I am going to ask for NI contribution letter? Do we need to submit a request in writing for NI contribution as I called them and that person said to write a letter. I have not written but am going to try again on the number.

well new telephone numbers are

NI - 0300 200 3500
Tax - 0300 200 3300

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:31 am

What is SA302???

newbie_2013

Re: NI Contributions Phone numbers

Post by newbie_2013 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 am

sujyo wrote:@loveworld

Is tax paid letter from HMRC same as employment history?

I am going to ask for NI contribution letter? Do we need to submit a request in writing for NI contribution as I called them and that person said to write a letter. I have not written but am going to try again on the number.

well new telephone numbers are

NI - 0300 200 3500
Tax - 0300 200 3300
Well if you are so worried about all the statements, you can apply for NI contributions online:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/online-statement.htm

SA302 is a self assessment paper form to be filled by a self-employed person or some who need to declare foreign income, etc.

I REPEAT AGAIN. IF YOU ARE ON A TIER 1 (GENERAL) DONT OVERCOMPLICATE BY GETTING EACH AND EVERY LETTER.

cheers