ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:49 am

SDP wrote:Does anyone know if a caseworker using his discretion can grant an ILR instead of DLR ?

Yes it is possible for a Caseworker to grant you ILR instead of FLR(O). But the rule is so complex, Caseworker would always grant the basic which is FLR(O). For example, someone on 7.5 years FLR(O), by the time of his last application, could be leaving in the country for more than 20 years and be married to his partner for more than 5 years. The Caseworker could be lenient and grant him a ILR instead of a 2.5 years FLR(O). It is one example and there are many other examples. But don't rely on H.O to give it cheap. Sometime you will have to challenge them in Court.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 am

So i guess if ur case is strong, you will be granted without going to court, but if your case is weak, you will have to go to court in order to be granted!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:50 pm

hello everyone..has any october applicant heard any news from HO PLS? I am tired of calling them cos they dont give u a definite answer and i got a massive bill frm calling them recently and they keep u on hold for 20mins... :x

BIGGY25
Newly Registered

SO SAD!

Post by BIGGY25 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Application submitted 15th of May 2012.Bio done 2nd of july 2012. Decision still waiting. Hope to hear good news soon. Lovely weekend. Xx

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:23 pm

rec212 wrote:So i guess if ur case is strong, you will be granted without going to court, but if your case is weak, you will have to go to court in order to be granted!
Hi rec212, where have u been? Check u inbox
Ale001

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:40 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:hello everyone..has any october applicant heard any news from HO PLS? I am tired of calling them cos they dont give u a definite answer and i got a massive bill frm calling them recently and they keep u on hold for 20mins... :x

I applied on the 5th october hun and all now I don't get any response. Apparently on monday they states they gona do an urgent consideration on my case I thought I would have heard from them sometime this week,but hey I'm just hoping for good news next week. I thought urgent considerations means they gona considered application straight away but obviously its not the case. On the 18th june i rang and they told me my case is allocated to case worker but yet still I can't get a decision kmt i just had enough now. Waiting for 9 months, hpe ukba doesn't make it 10. :(

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:52 pm

@sanny if they say ur case is under urgent consideration, i will suggest u give them 2 weeks .. u know they still have to check all the supporting docs u sent ...like d gas and electric ...they fax d utility companies to check if its genuine and they hv to wait for response... dont worry dear u might even get somethin nxt week....i rang them abt 2 weeks ago its same story of its wit d case working unit and they told my m[p its awaitin allocation to a case workin unit......am still waitin and eating toothpick out of fraustratn

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:14 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@sanny if they say ur case is under urgent consideration, i will suggest u give them 2 weeks .. u know they still have to check all the supporting docs u sent ...like d gas and electric ...they fax d utility companies to check if its genuine and they hv to wait for response... dont worry dear u might even get somethin nxt week....i rang them abt 2 weeks ago its same story of its wit d case working unit and they told my m[p its awaitin allocation to a case workin unit......am still waitin and eating toothpick out of fraustratn

When my mp contacted them they reply on the 17 june stating my case was awaiting consideration, on the 18 when I rang they told me its allocated to caseworker smh they train these people to lie. I declare good news for us all next week or before the summer finishes.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:29 pm

@SANNY26 A BIG AMEN TO YR PRAYERS....THIS FORUM HS REALLY HELPED US IN MAINTAINING OUR SANITY, IF NOT DIS WAITING IS TURNIN TO SUMTHIN ELSE*****SMH+CHEWIN MY TOOTHPICK%%%%%%%%%%%

rec212

Post by rec212 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:26 pm

@ale001

Check your inbox

@ everyone, do not give up, hopefully this holy month will bring with it loads of happiness :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:27 pm

BBC News: High Court proposal to lower financial requirement for spousal visa http://t.co/QUyzQBuOZP
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Chidy wrote:
SDP wrote:Does anyone know if a caseworker using his discretion can grant an ILR instead of DLR ?

Yes it is possible for a Caseworker to grant you ILR instead of FLR(O). But the rule is so complex, Caseworker would always grant the basic which is FLR(O). For example, someone on 7.5 years FLR(O), by the time of his last application, could be leaving in the country for more than 20 years and be married to his partner for more than 5 years. The Caseworker could be lenient and grant him a ILR instead of a 2.5 years FLR(O). It is one example and there are many other examples. But don't rely on H.O to give it cheap. Sometime you will have to challenge them in Court.

I have been in this country since 12yrs, If HO grants me Dlr of 2.5yrs I have to keep extending it thrice (20 yrs)then only I will be entitled for ILr and an year after that I will be given British passport (if all goes well& no delays at HO)....hmmmmm

socrates

Post by socrates » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:48 pm

[quote="yummymummy3j"]hello everyone..has any october applicant heard any news from HO PLS? I am tired of calling them cos they dont give u a definite answer and i got a massive bill frm calling them recently and they keep u on hold for 20mins... :x[/quote

I don't think it works that way, people's circumstances are different and it also depends on your case worker unit. I applied in July 2012, done Bio in February 2013 but haven't heard anything. But a friend to my cousin applied September 2012 through the same FLR (O) but got granted about two weeks ago. We should just continue to pray, not only for a successful application, but for a quick one. Wishing everyone the GRACE of Almighty God this coming week and throughout the month of JULY.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:34 pm

@SOCRATES THX 4 D RESPONSE, WEN I MADE MY APPLIC IN OCT LAST YR I THOT VE GOT A STRONG CASE 3 BRITISH KIDS N HUBBY ALL BORN HERE AND WE ALSO GOT MARRIED HERE SO IT WILL BE PRETTY STRAIGHT 4WARD MAX 3 MONTHS IT WILL HV BEEN RENEWED ...I NEV KNEW NEARLY 9MONTH I WILL STILL BE WAITING...........HMMMM I GUESS WE SHLD STILL CARRY ON WAITING N PRAYIN....GOD BLESS U

ali90

hi

Post by ali90 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:19 pm

hi i am new on here even though i have been following this forum since few months. some people seem to be getting good news and some are still waiting.

i am british born i applied for FLR (O) in november 2012 and they asked for my biometrics in march 2013 which i did straight away but havent got any more reply from them yet. and i havent got permission to work yet so i have been siting at home with nothing to do :(

my sister applied in Oct 2012 but they asked for her biometrics week after mine and also they asked for more documents of proof of her residence at end of last month ( june 2012) so is that a good news or its just a normal process

and also does anyone have the contact number to call UKBA FLR (O) department and get the latest update on my application

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:11 pm

@ali90 welcome on board..... dont worry dear i also applied for renewal in oct 2012 done my bio in march dis year but i havent heard anythin ... they have a massive backlog that they are clearing. and they promised end of summer... d no to call is on yr acknowledgement letter ....good luck and enjoy the rest of d summer

ali90

:)

Post by ali90 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:15 pm

the problem with my application is that i never had a british status i am only 22 i was dependant on my parents before and they took 6 years to make decision on their assylum and last year they told us that we have right to apply FLR (O) so its not extending it . i have missed last 3 years of studies when i could have finished my university by now or atleast be working. its really complicated. have they asked you for any documents yet and what is your situation
yummymummy3j wrote:@ali90 welcome on board..... dont worry dear i also applied for renewal in oct 2012 done my bio in march dis year but i havent heard anythin ... they have a massive backlog that they are clearing. and they promised end of summer... d no to call is on yr acknowledgement letter ....good luck and enjoy the rest of d summer

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:39 pm

I have applied on 27th Sep 2012, done Biometrics 26th Feb 2013... No result yet , spoke to HO couple of times and realised its a waste of time & money..
It's just a waiting game !

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Awww @ali90 no they hvnt askd me for any docs yet am still waiting, am married to a british and we hv 3 british kids .yr case is not complicated infact pretty straight forward .u were born here , ur parents are here u obviously dont hv any ties to yr country of origin...so my dear u will be fine.....lets pray for good news this month

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:50 pm

my parents are here but they dont have any status right now. they were meant to be deported few times but the HO werent able to. i am born here and lived here all my life except been out of the country for 3 years in between but i am 22 23 soon and have been in uk since 2001
yummymummy3j wrote:Awww @ali90 no they hvnt askd me for any docs yet am still waiting, am married to a british and we hv 3 british kids .yr case is not complicated infact pretty straight forward .u were born here , ur parents are here u obviously dont hv any ties to yr country of origin...so my dear u will be fine.....lets pray for good news this month

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:11 pm

@ alli yr sister was granted few weeks ago and u applied under same circumstance. So dsts a good sign ...also u still dont hv ties wit yr home country d last time u went there ws wen u were a minor. And yr parents are still here which means deportin u cant be an option cos u are establishd here..........am nt a legal adviser but its my own opinion.i think u will be alrite.....when u get yr visa dont 4 get to share d news on dis forum.....

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:14 pm

No my sister hasn't been granted her status yet they only asked her for more documents is it common with every application that they ask for more documents later or they only ask when needed
yummymummy3j wrote:@ alli yr sister was granted few weeks ago and u applied under same circumstance. So dsts a good sign ...also u still dont hv ties wit yr home country d last time u went there ws wen u were a minor. And yr parents are still here which means deportin u cant be an option cos u are establishd here..........am nt a legal adviser but its my own opinion.i think u will be alrite.....when u get yr visa dont 4 get to share d news on dis forum.....

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 pm

@ alli often times wen they ask for doc and u give them then its a good sign.. They end up issuing d visa....wen i applied d ist time in 2009 they askd me for more doc and 3 wks later i ws granted and some pple on dis said similar thing tooo.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:33 pm

Well that seems great hopefully there will be positive outcome this month as it could be a great birthday gift for her
yummymummy3j wrote:@ alli often times wen they ask for doc and u give them then its a good sign.. They end up issuing d visa....wen i applied d ist time in 2009 they askd me for more doc and 3 wks later i ws granted and some pple on dis said similar thing tooo.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:06 am

ali90 wrote:my parents are here but they dont have any status right now. they were meant to be deported few times but the HO werent able to. i am born here and lived here all my life except been out of the country for 3 years in between but i am 22 23 soon and have been in uk since 2001
yummymummy3j wrote:Awww @ali90 no they hvnt askd me for any docs yet am still waiting, am married to a british and we hv 3 british kids .yr case is not complicated infact pretty straight forward .u were born here , ur parents are here u obviously dont hv any ties to yr country of origin...so my dear u will be fine.....lets pray for good news this month
Someone correct me if I'm wrong if this person was born here and your 22 why you're applying for FLR O? Aint you meant to fill out the T form and get natrulise as a british citizen, that form is for people who was born here and your age 10 and over doesn't matter if your parents have status or not. You will need to send all the school reports and stuff. That's what I will be doing for my son.