ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:29 am

British citizens can bypassing immigration regulations to get their relatives into the UK, using a technicality that means that if they work in another European country for three months, they can be considered under EU rather than British law on their return. THEY DO NOT NEED TO SHOW EARNING 18600 TO BRING THERE WIFE /HUSBAND INTO THE UK . This is call surrinder sing route .
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23029195?pos ... 2675656753#_=_

Longw8
Newly Registered

Long Wait suggest what to do

Post by Longw8 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Hello everyone !!!

Good to see that some are recieving ILR already , happy gor them.

My time line :

Application posted: 13/11/2012
Acknoledgement recieved: 23/11/2012
Biometric done: 07/01/2013

Rest still waiting.....

Its almost 8 months no news , involved my MP , my solicitor sent reminder to UKBA. Need to travel immideately to see family and get married back home as we already posponded wedding date twice.

Could someone please provide me emails of top managements in UKBA to write them. Also if you have any template which i can use to expedite application process.

I used very good solicitor who charged me 1100 £ and no good TBH. Everytime i call home office they say continue to wait as they are still dealing with oct 2012 applications.

Any advice will be helpful.

Regards

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:30 pm

To,
member SMSHAD

Did you receive my reply Reg MN1 form to your inbox, because it is still in my Outbox, please tell me so i will try to send it again or i will post it here

smshad

Post by smshad » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:29 am

Hi,
Got your messages twice. I think there is a problem with the website. I replied to you this morning. MN1 is taking around three weeks, another friend of mine got his child MN1 yesterday in three weeks.
Take care.
Shad.
z18runway wrote:To,
member SMSHAD
Did you receive my reply Reg MN1 form to your inbox, because it is still in my Outbox, please tell me so i will try to send it again or i will post it here

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:02 pm

smshad wrote:Hi,
Got your messages twice. I think there is a problem with the website. I replied to you this morning. MN1 is taking around three weeks, another friend of mine got his child MN1 yesterday in three weeks.
Take care.
Shad.
z18runway wrote:To,
member SMSHAD
your reply cooled me off, thanks smshad. after having gone through all these hurdles for 10 years, messages like these makes me happy.

ppycrmt

SET (LR)

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:10 am

Has anyone applied via SET(LR)?

Warrenpfo
Newly Registered

Post by Warrenpfo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:57 am

Good morning all, a quick question.

I have received my ILR card after a long wait on the 11/06/2013 BUT am yet to receive my passport and supporting documentation.

When you call all I get told is there is nothing they can do and that i should fill in the "return of documentation" request form which is usually used if you want to remove yourself from a process but in this case because a decision has already been made and i have received my card it might help with the return of my paperwork.

Any other bright ideas welcome??

gaurish
Newly Registered

Post by gaurish » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:17 am

Dear All,

This forum helped me a lot. I received my ILR this morning. Actually it arrived last saturday and it was been held in the Royal Mail delivery office!

ILR applied - 12/03/2013
Approved letter - 06/07/2013

My case was not complex 6 years student + 2 years PSW + 2 years T-2.

And thanks all to this forum to support me with necessary information.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:27 am

Warrenpfo wrote:Good morning all, a quick question.

I have received my ILR card after a long wait on the 11/06/2013 BUT am yet to receive my passport and supporting documentation.

When you call all I get told is there is nothing they can do and that i should fill in the "return of documentation" request form which is usually used if you want to remove yourself from a process but in this case because a decision has already been made and i have received my card it might help with the return of my paperwork.

Any other bright ideas welcome??
I am sorry but I can't remember if there were any details of the caseworker on the letter they send you... If there is any you can try contacting them

Or

try emailing the enquires, just to see what they will suggest

Or

Just follow their advice and fill up a ROD form

This is a peculiar case and we never saw anything like this...Just on a cautious note: have you checked if there is any Missed Delivery card ... if possible check with the post man and neighbours as well

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:36 am

z18runway wrote:
smshad wrote:

Hi,
I sent photocopy of my ILR Biometric for my wife's FLR(M).

I had to travel so for my daughter's MN1 I also sent photo copies of my passport and ILR Biometric card attested by a local post office, they charge around £8 for 5 copies.

By the time I came back from Pakistan her MN1 was approved without any objection within three weeks.
That's good, thanks
I never sent my docs or photo copies back to the home office. And so didn't few other people in this forum

They have a system which updates the caseworker dealing with the FLR(M) automatically about your approval

So don't really worry about sending them anything

Warrenpfo
Newly Registered

Post by Warrenpfo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 am

saanju9 wrote:I am sorry but I can't remember if there were any details of the caseworker on the letter they send you... If there is any you can try contacting them

Or

try emailing the enquires, just to see what they will suggest

Or

Just follow their advice and fill up a ROD form

This is a peculiar case and we never saw anything like this...Just on a cautious note: have you checked if there is any Missed Delivery card ... if possible check with the post man and neighbors as well
Many thanks, I have filled out the ROD form last week and just sent an email to the inquiries address in the hope they can advise.

It is a strange one so thought i would ask.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: High court judgement

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:42 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

I have just seen judgement of high court on income requirement 18500

so i think in future don't have to show income all other requirement need to met.

which is good news guys

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -judgement

Do you have the original case details.... because there are not much details in this link....

2. they are only holding the applications as of the moment... and so that can't be taken as they are going to remove this threshold limit

3. This bit contradicts what we are assuming
A Home Office spokesperson said:

'Our family changes were brought in to make sure that spouses coming to live in the UK would not become reliant on the taxpayer for financial support and would be able to integrate effectively. We're pleased that this judgement supports the basis of our approach.
So it will be interesting to see what the original case is and what the judgement on it is...

gaurish
Newly Registered

Post by gaurish » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 am

Hi,

Can any one please let me know about the following issues.

1) I got my ILR approved. My son born in UK. Can I apply for British Passport for him. Is there any rules for that.

2) My wife is my dependent visa at the moment (Tier-2 dependent). How I could extend her visa?

Many thanks

ppycrmt

Application

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Can anyone please advise me?

Back in October 2006, I was on my student visa. It ran out on the 31st October 2006, but I applied on the 23rd October 2006. They have given me rights to remain in the UK from the 14th November 2006. It was a successful application.

How do I prove to the UKBA that I have applied for that particular visa before my 31st October visa expired?

Yash33
Newly Registered

Re: Application

Post by Yash33 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:55 pm

The UKBA should be able to see this on their system as they would have normally send you an acknowledgement letter to confirm that they have received your application....

Back in October 2006, I was on my student visa. It ran out on the 31st October 2006, but I applied on the 23rd October 2006. They have given me rights to remain in the UK from the 14th November 2006. It was a successful application.

How do I prove to the UKBA that I have applied for that particular visa before my 31st October visa expired?[/quote]

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:58 pm

It was back in 2006, so I have lost the acknowledgement letter from the UKBA. So what is the best thing to prove that I have sent my application before my visa expired?
Yash33 wrote:The UKBA should be able to see this on their system as they would have normally send you an acknowledgement letter to confirm that they have received your application....

How do I prove to the UKBA that I have applied for that particular visa before my 31st October visa expired?
[/quote]

Yash33
Newly Registered

Post by Yash33 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:06 pm

I am sure they should have something on their system...

It was back in 2006, so I have lost the acknowledgement letter from the UKBA. So what is the best thing to prove that I have sent my application before my visa expired?

[quote="Yash33"]The UKBA should be able to see this on their system as they would have normally send you an acknowledgement letter to confirm that they have received your application....

How do I prove to the UKBA that I have applied for that particular visa before my 31st October visa expired?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Does anyone have any idea of when your case as been allocated to a case worker for urgent consideration, how long will it take for a decision to be made?

Facebook
Newly Registered

Post by Facebook » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi Damani,Saanju9 and other senior members,

Kindly help with this query
On 4 May 2013 my girl friends apply ILR as being 10 years as a student in this country, 25/June/2013 regarding her Biometric attend enrolment. Her details are:

04 /May/2013: Send SET(LR) application form to UKBA
09/May/2013: Received acknowledgement letter from UKBA
20/May/2013: Received first Biometric Enrolment letter request from UKBA
21/May/2013: She gave first Biometric Finger print
02/July/2013: Again received second Biometric Enrolment letter request from UKBA
03/July/2013: Again she gave second Biometric Finger print

As above detail said on 09/May, she received ack letter .At 21/May gave first BRP but on 02/July received second letter said, She have not gave she Biometric finger print on your request letter datted 20/May ,which she have already gave on 21/May/2013. Also on second letter request for Biometric finger print. On 03/July 2013 she again gave her second Biometric finger print from the same Royal Mail office. On 04/July she have attached all photocopy with as a proof and send to UKBA.

Now we want to know why UKBA keep on asking her to do my BRP twice, which she gave on first,On second time she showed to Royal mail office staff UKBA asked her to do second time which first one they said they have not received yet.Will her ILR application be problem if UKBA keep on asking her to do twice BRP.How long does it take?Will they take long time now to take a decision?What do we do now?Very confused?

Thank you in advance

lutforestry

Post by lutforestry » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:49 pm

ppycrmt wrote:It was back in 2006, so I have lost the acknowledgement letter from the UKBA. So what is the best thing to prove that I have sent my application before my visa expired?
Yash33 wrote:The UKBA should be able to see this on their system as they would have normally send you an acknowledgement letter to confirm that they have received your application....

[/quote]

If you applied before expired of your visa, you will be fine though you have given right to remain on 26 November 2006. You don't need prove this. They have all record in their system. As long as you applied in time, there should not be any problems regarding this.

zabizabi

HI

Post by zabizabi » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:25 pm

I AM APPLING FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE (10 YEARS).WHAT DOCUMENTS I NEED TO SEND WITH APPLICATION FORM.I AM MAKING IT SIMPLE.I HAVE MY ALL PASPORTS, LIFE IN THE UK PASS CERTIFICATE.MY HISTORY IS STUDENT + PSW+ 2 AND HALF YEARS ON TEIR1.

I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT. :roll:

ZEBRA

congrats

Post by ZEBRA » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:59 pm

gaurish wrote:Dear All,

This forum helped me a lot. I received my ILR this morning. Actually it arrived last saturday and it was been held in the Royal Mail delivery office!

ILR applied - 12/03/2013
Approved letter - 06/07/2013

My case was not complex 6 years student + 2 years PSW + 2 years T-2.

And thanks all to this forum to support me with necessary information.
Congratulation Gaurish,
I happen to apply ilr as same date as yours, 12 march 2013. It's too early to receive the decision yet, but yours came too early, right.
Please share when you have done your biomatric.

Regards;)

ppycrmt

Re: HI

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:52 pm

I am also applying SET(LR) in 2 weeks, going to send in my passports, my BRP card and my Life in the UK test certificate, along with 2 passport photos.
zabizabi wrote:I AM APPLING FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE (10 YEARS).WHAT DOCUMENTS I NEED TO SEND WITH APPLICATION FORM.I AM MAKING IT SIMPLE.I HAVE MY ALL PASPORTS, LIFE IN THE UK PASS CERTIFICATE.MY HISTORY IS STUDENT + PSW+ 2 AND HALF YEARS ON TEIR1.

I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT. :roll:

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:56 pm

I have applied before my visa expire, I am not sure if I need to inform them. Thanks for your advice.
lutforestry wrote:
ppycrmt wrote:It was back in 2006, so I have lost the acknowledgement letter from the UKBA. So what is the best thing to prove that I have sent my application before my visa expired?

If you applied before expired of your visa, you will be fine though you have given right to remain on 26 November 2006. You don't need prove this. They have all record in their system. As long as you applied in time, there should not be any problems regarding this.[/quote]

mk10yr
Newly Registered

ilr 10 years

Post by mk10yr » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi Guys...
Alhamdulillah........thanks to prayers of my parents.....
ILR APPROVED..

MISSED DX DELIVERY Friday 5/7/13,
Passport/docs received 6/7/13
BRP collected from DX office 8/7/13
No lawyers used.
Thanks for all your support and this forum keeping me sane