ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:10 am

I'm confused was Ali born in another country or was she born in uk?

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:10 am

I went out of country when I was age 8 and came back at age of 11 I don't have wnt records of before I went except birth certificate and confirmation that I was registered at GP I had few years break but if you could send me a link for the t form I can have a look at it. I be greatful
sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:my parents are here but they dont have any status right now. they were meant to be deported few times but the HO werent able to. i am born here and lived here all my life except been out of the country for 3 years in between but i am 22 23 soon and have been in uk since 2001
yummymummy3j wrote:Awww @ali90 no they hvnt askd me for any docs yet am still waiting, am married to a british and we hv 3 british kids .yr case is not complicated infact pretty straight forward .u were born here , ur parents are here u obviously dont hv any ties to yr country of origin...so my dear u will be fine.....lets pray for good news this month
Someone correct me if I'm wrong if this person was born here and your 22 why you're applying for FLR O? Aint you meant to fill out the T form and get natrulise as a british citizen, that form is for people who was born here and your age 10 and over doesn't matter if your parents have status or not. You will need to send all the school reports and stuff. That's what I will be doing for my son.

bubu1304
Newly Registered

HOw TO Apply discretionary leave to remain NEED HELP!

Post by bubu1304 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:36 am

Hi
Im new in this forum, my case is same as other people here.
i want to apply for discretionary leave to remain.
Im an overstayer here but now living with my English partner and 2yr old son.
I just want to ask can i apply a british passport for my son?

what are the reqiurements for applying this Visa?

Pls help us!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Re: HOw TO Apply discretionary leave to remain NEED HELP!

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:54 am

bubu1304 wrote:Hi

Pls help us!
Yes you can get a british passport for your child because your partner is british your child get your partner all u need to do is get the passport form at the post office let your partner fill it out send your son and partner birth certificate with the form and ask your doc or someone with british passport to certify it for you. Good luck

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:58 am

ali90 wrote:I went out of country when I was age 8 and came back at age of 11 I don't have wnt records of before I went except birth certificate and confirmation that I was registered at GP I had few years break but if you could send me a link for the t form I can have a look at it. I be greatful
sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:my parents are here but they dont have any status right now. they were meant to be deported few times but the HO werent able to. i am born here and lived here all my life except been out of the country for 3 years in between but i am 22 23 soon and have been in uk since 2001
yummymummy3j wrote:Awww @ali90 no they hvnt askd me for any docs yet am still waiting, am married to a british and we hv 3 british kids .yr case is not complicated infact pretty straight forward .u were born here , ur parents are here u obviously dont hv any ties to yr country of origin...so my dear u will be fine.....lets pray for good news this month

Hun go on ukba website type in t form guidance and form in the search space and it will bring up all the information u need also u can look at the british citizenship thread on this forum, I'm sure your entitle to it because you was born here.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Pls help us!
If the son's mum is your british partner then the answer is yes. Just call the passport office and ask them to send you an application for a child. There is a clear guidance in the package.
If the son's mum is not your british partner then we need more information on the mother of your son to answer your question.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:51 pm

i have been looking up all day there are 2 problems 1 is that my parents had temporary status not permanent when i was born in the uk and 2 is that i left the country when i was 8 and i should have spent atleast 10 years since my birth to be able to get automatic british citizenship
sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:I went out of country when I was age 8 and came back at age of 11 I don't have wnt records of before I went except birth certificate and confirmation that I was registered at GP I had few years break but if you could send me a link for the t form I can have a look at it. I be greatful
sanny26 wrote:

Hun go on ukba website type in t form guidance and form in the search space and it will bring up all the information u need also u can look at the british citizenship thread on this forum, I'm sure your entitle to it because you was born here.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Chidy wrote:

Pls help us!
If the son's mum is your british partner then the answer is yes. Just call the passport office and ask them to send you an application for a child. There is a clear guidance in the package.
If the son's mum is not your british partner then we need more information on the mother of your son to answer your question.
If the child father is british then the child also gets the father status, just send the child birth certificate with the child father name on it and the father birth certificate with the application form, u can pick up a form from the postoffice... That's what I did for my 2 girls and they got their british passport off their dad being british citizen.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:39 pm

sanny26 wrote:I'm confused was Ali born in another country or was she born in uk?
i am born in uk and i am he not a she :roll:

socrates

Post by socrates » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:06 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@SOCRATES THX 4 D RESPONSE, WEN I MADE MY APPLIC IN OCT LAST YR I THOT VE GOT A STRONG CASE 3 BRITISH KIDS N HUBBY ALL BORN HERE AND WE ALSO GOT MARRIED HERE SO IT WILL BE PRETTY STRAIGHT 4WARD MAX 3 MONTHS IT WILL HV BEEN RENEWED ...I NEV KNEW NEARLY 9MONTH I WILL STILL BE WAITING...........HMMMM I GUESS WE SHLD STILL CARRY ON WAITING N PRAYIN....GOD BLESS U
@Mummyyummy, I guess your application fall (as well as mine) within the 16,000 applications UKBA said they recieved last year alone and are trying to sort out ( don't believe anything they say). Having said that, I guess we just have to watch and pray for the best. Your case is as strong as the ''rock of Gilbratar''. I know a close family friend who had a kid for a british partner, they are not even living together again nor married, but she was granted. There is nothing else we can do other than to wait patiently and pray for the best. Wishing you and all the best this week.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:30 pm

GOOD NEWS COMING OUR WAY THIS WEEK. HAPPY DAYS
Godgives

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 pm

GodGives wrote:GOOD NEWS COMING OUR WAY THIS WEEK. HAPPY DAYS
You want to tell us all about the good news coming?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:11 pm

ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:I'm confused was Ali born in another country or was she born in uk?
How long have u been in the uk since u came back here to live?. With the T form once ur age 10 or over and was born here it doesn't matter if your parents got status or not even if your parents is illegal once u was born here and reaches that age your entitle to register as a british citizen.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Amen

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:44 pm

ali90 wrote:
hahaha ok! Sorry :)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:04 pm

ali90 wrote:
You want to tell us all about the good news coming?
Ali I will share it not to worry
Godgives

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 pm

@socrates lol..u killed me wit d rock of gibralta thing ....anyways :lol: we will get thru this by the grace of GOD

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:00 pm

sanny26 wrote:

Amen
Happy Days Yay!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:47 pm

New month, new week, new grace with faith renewed = testimony week. We sure will laugh this week in this forum by God's grace.

socrates

Post by socrates » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@socrates lol..u killed me wit d rock of gibralta thing ....anyways :lol: we will get thru this by the grace of GOD
A big AMEN to that.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:03 pm

sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:
How long have u been in the uk since u came back here to live?. With the T form once ur age 10 or over and was born here it doesn't matter if your parents got status or not even if your parents is illegal once u was born here and reaches that age your entitle to register as a british citizen.
i been in uk since 2001 i am 22 from 1990 till 98 i was here and then came bk in 01 the issue is that i didnt stay here till i was 10 i went when i was 8

i am looking at requirements i seem to meet all of them except that i have been out of the country for more than 90 days. it says that home sec can still accept if there were exceptional circumstances i was 8 and my father took me out of the country and obviously being a kid i had no idea. does anyone know what could be any EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm

ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:
i been in uk since 2001 i am 22 from 1990 till 98 i was here and then came bk in 01 the issue is that i didnt stay here till i was 10 i went when i was 8

i am looking at requirements i seem to meet all of them except that i have been out of the country for more than 90 days. it says that home sec can still accept if there were exceptional circumstances i was 8 and my father took me out of the country and obviously being a kid i had no idea. does anyone know what could be any EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES

It says 90 days in each of the ten year but u have been back in the uk for more than 10 year now I think your qualify and should go for it.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Just write a cover letter with the form.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:35 pm

sanny26 wrote:Just write a cover letter with the form.
i already have sent FLR (O) last year and paid for it so i guess i have to wait till i get decision on that because i cant afford to pay more money for other applications as i never had permission to work

having advice from people on here makes me feel bit better

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:15 pm

ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Just write a cover letter with the form.
i already have sent FLR (O) last year and paid for it so i guess i have to wait till i get decision on that because i cant afford to pay more money for other applications as i never had permission to work

having advice from people on here makes me feel bit better
Hi hope u send evidence u were born here. Normally they would notice this and grant you the right option. All d best
Godgives