ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit for non European Mother-in-Law.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rick20041980
Newly Registered

Post by rick20041980 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:39 am

Hi Guys,

I need your advice about the documents required to apply for EEA Family permit visa for my mom residing in India. I already have UK Resident Card issued to me as my wife is Spanish national.

I would like to know what documents are required to prove her relationship with my wife.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:45 am

You need to prove that she is your mother (birth certificate perhaps) and that you are married to an EU citizen (marriage certificate perhaps). You will also need to demonstrate dependency.

Firefade

Eea

Post by Firefade » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:17 am

How does she prove dependancy?

rick20041980
Newly Registered

Post by rick20041980 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:56 am

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have Marriage certificate but my mom's name is misspelt in my Birth Certificate although my passport has her correct name. Hope that won't be any issue.

Also how do I prove that she is dependent on my wife? She is a pensioner but the amount received is not sufficient to sustain her living.So I send her money every month my from my bank account in India not from UK bank account held with my wife. Please advice.

Best Regards
Rick

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm

The circumstances as to how you support your mother are only know to you. If you can demonstrate that you do so by paper trail, you should succeed. The stronger the evidence, the more likely you would be to succeed.

It is difficult to be specific.