ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Enter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sadikarup
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Enter

Post by sadikarup » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi,
Could any one can help me, I am having British Citizenship and my wife has got spouse visa and she got Indefinite leave to enter for 27 month as we got married and together more than 4 years .
on my wife visa as follows:

valid from:4/7/11 valid until : 4/10/13
type : VISA SPOUSE/CP
NAME; her name

Obsrv: Indifinete leave to enter the UK

1.what is that mean ILE?
2.why she has got visa for only 27 months? her passport expire date 23.6.2014
3.she has not passed Life in UK test that time , but she has passed recently.
4.she is qualified as Maters in Technology in India before her visa.
5.is that ILE is equal to ILR or we need to apply for her ILR? or direclty she can apply for Citizenship?
6. in her visa they din't mentioned any KOL REQD or No recouse of public funds.

please clarify in detail whether she has to apply for ILR now or no need?

Regards.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:55 pm

I think they have forgot to mention KoL required on the vignette, because just by having masters she did not meet KoL requirements.

You should apply for ILR asap. Actually you could have applied as soon as she passed LiUK test.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:59 pm

I think they have forgot to mention KoL reuquired on the vignette, because just by having masters she did not meet KoL requirements.

You should apply for ILR asap. Actually you could have applied as soon as she passed LiUK test.

Before KoL requirement was introduced ILE truly was equivalent to ILR.

But when KoL requirement was introduced, ILE was practically a spouse visa only, but also a prior approval of ILR too if the applicant passed KoL within 27 months and then applies for ILR.

sadikarup
Newly Registered

ILE

Post by sadikarup » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Thank you very much for your information, is there any way will effect her ILR if I get benefits ( working tax, child tax credits and child benefit) and even on her visa they did not mention anything like ' no recourse of public funds'.

and since last month I am not working ( temp lay off) as there is no work (delay in project) but I am having 4 months payslips up to May 2013, is it required to submit June month pay slip aslo if we apply by July 15 ( she is completing 2 years by 5th August)

Regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:58 am

See also ILE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.