ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job sseeker allowence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Job sseeker allowence

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:44 am

Hi just have a quick question.i have stamp 4 on the base of irish born child.i work part time at the moment so can i apply for job seeker allowence as well with my 20 hour work.and does dat make any problem for me in future for applying passport?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:49 am

No as far as the current situation is concerned.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:51 am

What no? Means can i not apply ?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:59 am

No, it is not a problem for you to apply for a passport in future.
Being on social welfare has absolutely nothing to do with passport application.

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:15 am

thanks but im just afraid coz when i got my stamp letter it sys on itdont b a burden.on the state.
i just want a bit of help till i find other job .coz i have a family to support to.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:37 pm

it would be FIS wouldnt it? not Job Seekers?

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Family-I ... ement.aspx

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:10 pm

wiggsy wrote:it would be FIS wouldnt it? not Job Seekers?

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Family-I ... ement.aspx
Whatever it is has nothing to do with passport application.

wiggsy

Re: Job sseeker allowence

Post by wiggsy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:37 pm

@Integrated... It was two seperate questions...
Zohaibmustafa wrote:i work part time at the moment so can i apply for job seeker allowence as well with my 20 hour work.
< I answered this one...

JS is for unemployed... 20 hours a week is not considered "part time" and entitles him/her to FIS.

(there is the other type of Job seekers, where you recieve a payment for the days your unemployed too... but not sure if that would be more effective than FIS...
Zohaibmustafa wrote:and does dat make any problem for me in future for applying passport?
< I agree that it shouldn't have a bearing :) [but as this was already stated, I didnt feel the need to repeat :)]

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:39 pm

If you work 20 hours per week you should definitely apply for Family Income Supplement (and child benefit if you do not have it already).

FIS and Child benefit are family benefits - for all families. They should have no impact on getting an Irish passport later on.

In any case your child has an Irish passport so you are safe to continue to live here until the child is 18.

So you can also take Jobseekers and it is probably ok. It would be better if you earned enough that you did not need jobseekers for maybe two years before you apply for the Irish passport. So you are showing that you needed help at the start, when the child was young, but by the time you want the passport you no longer need jobseekers help.

Criminal convictions are a bigger problem when applying for a passport - so make sure you do not have trouble with the police.
BL

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks brigid.and does it matter that do i live with my partner and the child.coz my partner works full time and she applied before about some child benift as a lone parent. I dont want her to get in trouble.u know wat im saying!

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:15 pm

OK.

Then if you live together now it is better to be honest. So she goes to the Social Welfare and says she is not alone and if she is getting lone parents payment from social welfare they stop paying. If she gets single parents tax credit from taxman she tells them too and they stop that too.

So she is not in trouble because she was alone and now you have moved in with her and she is being honest and she tells social welfare and tax office honestly that her position has changed. So you explain that you just moved in with her this week and now honestly tell them about the change.

Then you see what you can claim as a couple together.

Child benefit (130 euro per month per child) continues as it is paid to all children.

Then it depends on your income and her income. If income for family is low you can claim Family Income Supplement, as you have a child and work more than 20 hours per week. If there is an entitlement to Jobseekers Allowance or Benefit for either parent, they can claim this also. So you claim and let social welfare office calculate if you will get any money. Or you go to Citizens Information and they will calculate for you and tell you if you would get any money.

If income of one person is high (over 32,000) and income of other is low (under 21,000) they cannot share this via tax unless they have marriage certificate. So if not married there are no tax advantages.
BL

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Yea we are not married.she gets 2000 per month.and works full time as an accountant.i only get 15 hours from this week. Dont know wats next week may be 7 or none.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:27 am

Ok That makes it easy.

She has more than 20 hours per week, so she applies for FIS.

You have less than 20 hours per week, so you apply for both Jobseekers benefit and Jobseekers Allowance. (They are calculated differently so you apply for both and take the one that gives more money). They will ask for your permit to work - the EU FAM stamp that you got because your child is a citizen of Ireland. You will be on what they call casual unemployment - you will claim for the days you are not working.

If you were legal in 2011 then the prsi you paid then in 2011 is counted and may mean you are entitled to non means tested benefit, so her income would not be counted, only your own income and the days you work.

If you were not legal in 2011 or if you do not have enough prsi paid then it is only assistance that is available and her income is counted for assistance, as well as your income, so I think you might get less if this is the case.

I do not know if either of you will get any money, but you apply anyway so that the calculation may be made and see if you are entitled to any money.

Also if you do not qualify for any money, you should sign for 'credits only' on any week you do not work, as social welfare credits for a week you have no work may mean the difference between getting social welfare money next year or not getting it. So they are important but mosts people do not know about them.
BL

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:30 am

Thanks brigid.any chance of u leaving ur number so we can talk on fone more specifically.if u dont mind.but if u dont want to its still ok thanks for helping