ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:17 pm

GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Just write a cover letter with the form.
i already have sent FLR (O) last year and paid for it so i guess i have to wait till i get decision on that because i cant afford to pay more money for other applications as i never had permission to work

having advice from people on here makes me feel bit better
Hi hope u send evidence u were born here. Normally they would notice this and grant you the right option. All d best
i sent original birth certificates and also letters from the GP showing how long i was registered there for. have no school records but schools had paper systems and apparently they cant get any proof of it.

does anyone know whats the best way to get right to work in uk

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:27 pm

ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Just write a cover letter with the form.
i already have sent FLR (O) last year and paid for it so i guess i have to wait till i get decision on that because i cant afford to pay more money for other applications as i never had permission to work

Hi hope u send evidence u were born here. Normally they would notice this and grant you the right option. All d best
i sent original birth certificates and also letters from the GP showing how long i was registered there for. have no school records but schools had paper systems and apparently they cant get any proof of it.

That should be good enough. Flro will give u the right to work. No other way really. You should be able to work if u show Ur birth certificate and NI. Unless if Ukba clearly said u can't
Godgives

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:30 pm

GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:

That should be good enough. Flro will give u the right to work. No other way really. You should be able to work if u show Ur birth certificate and NI. Unless if Ukba clearly said u can't

ukba hasnt said anything about permission to work but i havent been able to get NI because not sure if i have permission to work or not

hope that ukba does give me long term status rather than temporary flro as you said birth certificate should be good enough if they notice and the case worker is good

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:48 pm

ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:

ukba hasnt said anything about permission to work but i havent been able to get NI because not sure if i have permission to work or not

hope that ukba does give me long term status rather than temporary flro as you said birth certificate should be good enough if they notice and the case worker is good
Awwwh I do hope things work out for you hun and you ll get a smart case worker! Must be frustrating for you as this is your birth country and the place you spent your life in -apart from 3 years.... All the best!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:29 pm

anyone who on here has got their FLR (O) could they tell the case worker name they had so maybe we can get idea of which case workers are more easy

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: HOw TO Apply discretionary leave to remain NEED HELP!

Post by Azhaar » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:22 am

sanny26 wrote:
Chidy wrote:
bubu1304 wrote:Hi
Im new in this forum, my case is same as other people here.
i want to apply for discretionary leave to remain.
Im an overstayer here but now living with my English partner and 2yr old son.
I just want to ask can i apply a british passport for my son?

what are the reqiurements for applying this Visa?

Pls help us!
If the son's mum is your british partner then the answer is yes. Just call the passport office and ask them to send you an application for a child. There is a clear guidance in the package.
If the son's mum is not your british partner then we need more information on the mother of your son to answer your question.
If the child father is british then the child also gets the father status, just send the child birth certificate with the child father name on it and the father birth certificate with the application form, u can pick up a form from the postoffice... That's what I did for my 2 girls and they got their british passport off their dad being british citizen.
either one of them, if the father or the mother of the child is British then the child will be british and a passport can be obtained by filling up an application form and giving them the british passport number for either parents.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:31 am

ali90 wrote:anyone who on here has got their FLR (O) could they tell the case worker name they had so maybe we can get idea of which case workers are more easy
Ali90, Honestly, I do not think this makes any difference to their decisions. I was refused by one case worker and I started the procedure for JR, another case worker signed the response to my PAP however it was just copy and paste of the original refusal letter, their only addition was that the Parliament is happy the way they are handling people's applications. So you see bro, as far as I am concerned I do not think names makes any differences.

In support of what Sanny said, If I were you I would go and register as a British citizen. Good luck with what ever you do.

More good news for all the waiting ones by daybreak, IN SHA ALLAH.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:37 am

Al Haqq wrote:
ali90 wrote:anyone who on here has got their FLR (O) could they tell the case worker name they had so maybe we can get idea of which case workers are more easy
Ali90, Honestly, I do not think this makes any difference to their decisions. I was refused by one case worker and I started the procedure for JR, another case worker signed the response to my PAP however it was just copy and paste of the original refusal letter, their only addition was that the Parliament is happy the way they are handling people's applications. So you see bro, as far as I am concerned I do not think names makes any differences.

In support of what Sanny said, If I were you I would go and register as a British citizen. Good luck with what ever you do.

thanks i hope to get a good decision from them and then will apply for british citizen when i have the money for it

what is going on with your application now then?

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:27 am

ali90 wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:

thanks i hope to get a good decision from them and then will apply for british citizen when i have the money for it

what is going on with your application now then?[/quote

Hi Ali don't wait for decision on Ur applicantion please. Search on d internet for local council or charities that can help support Ur application. Am sure some will be free as I were born here. It's good to have more than one option. Act fast
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:29 am

Al Haqq wrote:

Hi do read prince74 threads he was refused but won his appeal. This might be usefully for you
Godgives

ale001

Post by ale001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:39 am

socrates wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@socrates lol..u killed me wit d rock of gibralta thing ....anyways :lol: we will get thru this by the grace of GOD
A big AMEN to that.
Hi Socrates, i replied u, check your inbox
Ale001

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:01 am

GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:

what is going on with your application now then?[/quote

Hi Ali don't wait for decision on Ur applicantion please. Search on d internet for local council or charities that can help support Ur application. Am sure some will be free as I were born here. It's good to have more than one option. Act fast
thanks yeah i will start looking for some charities or try to get some money myself if any of you know of any charities names will be helpful

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:05 am

Any good news guys? I'm sitting at my window waiting for my post man.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:21 am

sanny26 wrote:Any good news guys? I'm sitting at my window waiting for my post man.
no good news today for me the only post i got today was from charity :o

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:44 am

@sanny d postman will knock on our doors soon .by the grace of God

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:51 am

*waves*.....hellur....*madea'svoice*

@New bloggers...welcome to the forum and all the best with ur apllications

@Godgives...I applied in August 12 and still waiting even now.All I can do is to pray and soak all the sunrays since I'm done with plucking my hairline!

@Sanny...when my post come,I don't even bother check it.All I know is that the law firm will have to ring me.But,we shall prevail at the end!!

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:01 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hello all I am new in the forum:
My time line is :
application submitted: 27th September 2012
acknowledgement: 10th October 2012
biometric done: 21st Feb 2013
Decision waiting:

Applied under 7 year child rules, my daughter is 9 years and 9 months old, born here in uk, we been here 15 years, came as a student, student visa refused after 8 years in student, now living in a limbo.
Hi Shondra Sharma

I have the situation most likely you. Have you any news. plz update.

Application submit Dec2012
Ack. rece. Dec 2012
Bio Done March 2013
Decision. Waiting.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:15 pm

@Ali & @ Godgives

I can not work since February, I have been handling my JR on my own, however recently I was referred to someone who is currently waiting for response if they can get me some Legal aid. Then the lawyer would submit the application to the court by the latest this Friday because it would be months on Sunday when the the first decision was made.

So I am waiting for her to give me the good news today /tomorrow/Wednesday saying that the Legal aid would fund me.
However, if I do not get funding I would still go ahead and submit the application myself on Friday.

I sincerely hope they fund it so that the stress is taken off me.
Thanks for asking.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:24 pm

ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Any good news guys? I'm sitting at my window waiting for my post man.
Hope so by the grace of GOD all now my postman don't turn up yet, I'm also looking out for DX courier van lol sometimes u received BRP first lol

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:27 pm

I feel tempted to call homeoffice to ask if application as complete as yet but at the same time I don't wana call and waste my money waiting on the phone and don't get through to anyone.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:29 pm

sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:
Hope so by the grace of GOD all now my postman don't turn up yet, I'm also looking out for DX courier van lol sometimes u received BRP first lol
My postman came with just white envelopes :cry: :cry: :cry: I hope someone gets good news

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Hey Guys & Gals :D

What is the saying that man proposes God disposes,

Allah said HE is as close to us as our jugular vein so we should call to him in prayers and our prayers would be answered.

Sorry for the epistle......

Just received a call from the lawyer who said I have been granted emergency aid by the legal aid......there is still a second stage for them to see if I actually financially qualify for the aid. but the important thing is that the case is proceeding and a Barrister is looking at the case now.

Thanks all.

I used this moment to ask for Allah's mercies on us all. AMIN

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Keisha wrote:*waves*.....hellur....*madea'svoice*

@New bloggers...welcome to the forum and all the best with ur apllications

@Godgives...I applied in August 12 and still waiting even now.All I can do is to pray and soak all the sunrays since I'm done with plucking my hairline!

@Sanny...when my post come,I don't even bother check it.All I know is that the law firm will have to ring me.But,we shall prevail at the end!!

Hun I didn't used a solicitor.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:32 pm

sanny26 wrote:I feel tempted to call homeoffice to ask if application as complete as yet but at the same time I don't wana call and waste my money waiting on the phone and don't get through to anyone.
Last edited by CrystalNewbie on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:33 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
sanny26 wrote:I feel tempted to call homeoffice to ask if application as complete as yet but at the same time I don't wana call and waste my money waiting on the phone and don't get through to anyone.
I have concluded that calling home office is a waste of money especially since they read from a script.......although it does calm the nerves to hear that they are doing something......