ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost my job - impact on ILR for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukbane
Newly Registered
India

lost my job - impact on ILR for spouse

Post by ukbane » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:56 am

I am going to loose my job and I was wondering what effect it would have on my wife's request for IDR. We plan to apply in the Nov (this is the earliest we can apply). And given the circumstances I am in with my employer its unlikely I will find another job easily.

I was wondering what options I have? My did work for the past 16 months of her time in the UK but she's expecting so she isn't working any longer.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: lost my job - impact on ILR for spouse

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:10 pm

ukbane wrote:I am going to loose my job and I was wondering what effect it would have on my wife's request for IDR. We plan to apply in the Nov (this is the earliest we can apply). And given the circumstances I am in with my employer its unlikely I will find another job easily.

I was wondering what options I have? My did work for the past 16 months of her time in the UK but she's expecting so she isn't working any longer.
Assuming your partner is under the old rules (spouse visa before July 2012) then there is no financial requirement per se but rather the ability to adequately maintain and accommodate. Thus, your income should be ~£112.55 Net per week after deducting rent (for a couple, no children). Though, if you have savings these could also be used?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ukbane
Newly Registered
India

Post by ukbane » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Yes, we are applying under the old rules.

I do have savings but I won't have any income. How much would I need in savings to qualify?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:25 pm

ukbane wrote:Yes, we are applying under the old rules.

I do have savings but I won't have any income. How much would I need in savings to qualify?
How much savings do you have?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Anio

Post by Anio » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:34 am

Assuming your partner is under the old rules (spouse visa before July 2012) then there is no financial requirement per se but rather the ability to adequately maintain and accommodate. Thus, your income should be ~£112.55 Net per week after deducting rent (for a couple, no children). Though, if you have savings these could also be used?
@D4109125 - where do you get your guidance on expected leftover income? What is expected net per week if it's a couple with kids?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Anio wrote:
@D4109125 - where do you get your guidance on expected leftover income? What is expected net per week if it's a couple with kids?
Annex F at page 5 based on a court case. For each child you would add an additional £65.62 to the Net amount needed each week after rent/mortgage deduction. Though, you can include child benefit and tax credits as income.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:20 am

ukbane wrote:My wife is going to be applying for ilr in the next few weeks - I am a UK citizen = I have a few questions which are sort of stupid - I am hoping you guys can help.

Is it worth going in person and getting the decision made there any then?

Also, what happens if for some reason the application is rejected (my wife is expecting) so she and I are very nervous.

Is it worth going to an immigration advisor who can guide us.

We have separate bank accounts - I have started to worry that this may cause problems because they aren't joint, will this cause problems.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:21 am

Unless you are in a rush for your ILR, use the SCS (click).