ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Countersign

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nehalbhagat

Countersign

Post by nehalbhagat » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to fill countersign details by myself and leave sign and passport number part for countersignee to fill ?

I have her name, address and contact detail so I have filled it on her behalf leaving her to fill passport and sign .

Will IPS cancel my application ?

kindly advise
Thanks

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Re: Countersign

Post by Astrid24 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:08 pm

nehalbhagat wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to fill countersign details by myself and leave sign and passport number part for countersignee to fill ?

I have her name, address and contact detail so I have filled it on her behalf leaving her to fill passport and sign .

Will IPS cancel my application ?

kindly advise
Thanks
No, the person countersigning has to fill in their details themselves.

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks for your reply..

however I spoke to passport advise line and agent advised me you can fill name,address, contact details as long as countersignee fill passport details and sign.

I thought let me shared this with forum
cheers

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Re: Reply

Post by Astrid24 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:23 pm

nehalbhagat wrote:Thanks for your reply..

however I spoke to passport advise line and agent advised me you can fill name,address, contact details as long as countersignee fill passport details and sign.

I thought let me shared this with forum
cheers
You're welcome.

Though I don't see why you didn't just phone the passport advice line in the first place instead of making a thread and then ignoring the advice given. Would have been a lot quicker. ;)

And in my humble opinion, despite what the passport office says, it seems a bit risky filling in the countersignature section yourself, seeing as the countersignature is used to help verify your identity. But that's just my opinion. Good luck! :)

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Any particular reason you want to do this on behalf of the counter signatory and s/he can't complete on his own?