ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada Immigration Help

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kal

Canada Immigration Help

Post by kal » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:28 pm

Hi Friends,

I am Indian and about to finish my Masters in UK, and I have 6+yrs of IT experience in 3 diffferent countries and I have IELTS (academic, overall 6.5, exam date- Aug, 04). Can somebody pls. guide me how to go about applying for Canada Immigration pls.

Pls reply.

Kal
gr8.kal@gmail.com

newuser
Newly Registered

Post by newuser » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:57 am

check www.cic.gc.ca for details.

kal

Post by kal » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:14 am

Hi Newuser

Thanks for the link, is very informative.
what do U suggest, canI apply directly or do I need to look for an consultant to apply for Canadian Immigration ?

Pls. advice.

Thanks

Kal

newuser
Newly Registered

Post by newuser » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:25 pm

if u dont have background or security/criminal problems then u dont need a lawyer.
if u wanna pay some consultant just to fill up and mail your forms, u can hire them if u got spare money.

a lawyer/consultant cannot help you if u dont meet the passing marks, selection criteria. if u qualify, i suggest u to do it by yourself.

rest is upto you, your decision to make.

kal

Post by kal » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:09 pm

Thanks Newuser

CourtneyEM
Newly Registered

IT Jobs in Canada

Post by CourtneyEM » Fri May 04, 2007 8:14 pm

There is a large demand for IT workers in Canada. If you can get a job offer in Canada, your immigration application for Permanent Residency in Canada will receive priority processing.

There's a great job search tool on this Canadian immigrationwebsite. I just did a search for 'information technology' and it returned 6,239 current job openings in Canada! You can narrow your search by city and province.

Good luck.

newuser
Newly Registered

Post by newuser » Sat May 05, 2007 10:21 pm

For receiving priority, your job offer has to be approved by govt agency which is Service Canada (Human Resources and Skills Development Canada).
You have to receive their positive AEO (arranged employment opinion) in order to receive priority and additional points for qualifying for immigration.

details are on:

www.cic.gc.ca
and
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw/poArrEmp.shtml

kal

Post by kal » Thu May 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Thanks CourtneyEM and Newuser.

Definitely I will have a look.

kal

Post by kal » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:48 am

Hi friends,

How long will it take to get through if I apply for Canadain Immigration now from UK??

please advice

Thanks

Kal

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:55 pm

kal wrote:Hi friends,

How long will it take to get through if I apply for Canadain Immigration now from UK??

please advice

Thanks

Kal
4-5 years!
Praise The Lord!!!!

tammi
Newly Registered

Post by tammi » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:13 pm

what is the implication if you are married, but separated from you spouse?

Also what if you are an overstayer in the UK??

Could anyone tell me how this affects application?

thank you

Richter

Re: Canada Immigration Help

Post by Richter » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:51 am

kal wrote:I have IELTS (academic, overall 6.5, exam date- Aug, 04). Can somebody pls. guide me how to go about applying for Canada Immigration pls.
I believe the IELTS is valid for one year from date of results for immigration purposes. You would need to take the test again when you get your 90-day letter (if going through the skilled worker route), or as soon as you get a job offer if going through the arranged employment route.

Richter

Post by Richter » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:04 am

tammi wrote:what is the implication if you are married, but separated from you spouse? Also what if you are an overstayer in the UK?? Could anyone tell me how this affects application?
If you are separated you need to make it a legal separation through a solicitor and provide relevant legal paperwork when requested (90-day letter).

If you are an overstayer in the UK I think it is unlikely you will be eligible for immigration to Canada unless you can sort this situation out. You need to consult a good immigration lawyer. I say 'good', because someone could give you false hopes, knowing they will get their fee and you probably won't get your visa. Recommendations and referrals are best.

Alternatively you can email the client services department and ask this as a general question. Details on how to do this are on this link:
http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/email_e.htm

kal

Re: Canada Immigration Help

Post by kal » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:59 am

Hi Richter,

Could you pls guide me how can I find employers who can sponsor my workpermit??

Kal
Richter wrote:
kal wrote:I have IELTS (academic, overall 6.5, exam date- Aug, 04). Can somebody pls. guide me how to go about applying for Canada Immigration pls.
I believe the IELTS is valid for one year from date of results for immigration purposes. You would need to take the test again when you get your 90-day letter (if going through the skilled worker route), or as soon as you get a job offer if going through the arranged employment route.

Richter

Post by Richter » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:03 pm

Kal

Firstly, if you have not already done so, you should read this:
http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/immig/e_LMO_AEO.htm

Visit www.google.ca and search for IT jobs in the areas you are interested in, on the Canada pages. Other websites will come up.

Most people find it difficult to secure employment by just sending out CVs from abroad. If you can get over to Canada and 'do the rounds' you may be lucky, or at least make contacts to follow up.

However, depending on your skills and the shortages in each particular area, you may strike lucky with the emailing-the-CV/telephone interview route. For example, Alberta is pretty desperate for workers at the moment.

Good luck.

HSMPSEQUENCE

Post by HSMPSEQUENCE » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:59 am

Dear All

My friend has a problem. :oops: . I would highly apprecite your help.

She applied for Skilled worker immigration at CHC Islamabad in 2003.and has recieved there letter recently (July) to provide documents update.

She is in the UK from 2004 (Student). Now She is working on a one year Work permit (SEGS) here in a Research and Development Company from February. She believes she can get her job transfered to Canada (since there are only three sites of this company i.e, Canada US and the UK.)

Her problem is she needs the original education documents to continue with her job and to extend work permit or apply for HSMP for the time until she gets her Canadian Immigration approved (It is general preception that CHC would keep the original documents for very long time)
Can she send CHC Attested copies of the education documents and provide exceptional circumstances reasons.

Seconly she did IELTS in Aug 2005 (got Very Good Score: 9,9,7,6.5)
She reported this to CHC Islamabad in Jan2006. This has expired now. Would her IELTS results be fine?

I will be very greatfull for an expert advise on this as she needs to send the documents within next week.

WAFY
Newly Registered

NEW IMMIGRANTS CANADA

Post by WAFY » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:12 am

[ EDIT : by the Administrator; please read and abide by this Announcement ]

-> Announcements -> using this forum to solicit for or promote personal business
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=11812

Thank you.

the Admin