ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Al Haqq wrote:Hey Guys & Gals :D

What is the saying that man proposes God disposes,

Allah said HE is as close to us as our jugular vein so we should call to him in prayers and our prayers would be answered.

Sorry for the epistle......

Just received a call from the lawyer who said I have been granted emergency aid by the legal aid......there is still a second stage for them to see if I actually financially qualify for the aid. but the important thing is that the case is proceeding and a Barrister is looking at the case now.

Thanks all.

I used this moment to ask for Allah's mercies on us all. AMIN

That's great news wish you all the best.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Allah said HE is as close to us as our jugular vein so we should call to him in prayers and our prayers would be answered.

Just received a call from the lawyer who said I have been granted emergency aid by the legal aid......there is still a second stage for them to see if I actually financially qualify for the aid. but the important thing is that the case is proceeding and a Barrister is looking at the case now.

Thanks all.

All the best Al Haqq....may Allah grant you that fund and your case is processed successfuly

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
sanny26 wrote:I feel tempted to call homeoffice to ask if application as complete as yet but at the same time I don't wana call and waste my money waiting on the phone and don't get through to anyone.
I have concluded that calling home office is a waste of money especially since they read from a script.......although it does calm the nerves to hear that they are doing something......

If your application is dispatch then they will tell you. I know they states u shouldn't make travel plans but I book tickets from lastyear for summer 2013 and I never thought I would be waiting this long for my passport. Now my flight is drawing near and I still can't even see my passport. Don't know what's taking them so long to send back my documents.

mj8
Newly Registered

hi all, new member

Post by mj8 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi everyone,
been visiting this website for ages and finally decided to pitch in after a phonecall to UKBA....sorry Home office. So i've called 2x in the last 4 weeks and rather than the usual "whats your reference number"? "confirm your name and DOB"...."sorry your application is still pending and you will have to continue to wait"..."bye and thanks for calling". All i got again today is "applications made prior to march 31st 2013, outside of immigration rules, have been re-prioritised to be completed by end of summer this year". He didn't confirm what month end of summer is, we are in the UK after all, the summer may end tomorrow...and he wouldn't guarantee that it would be done by then. All he could say is home office has a committment to sort them out by then. Anyway nothing but a waiting game now, not that it hasn't, i mean we've only been waiting 11 months now but who's counting lol :? . Here is my timeline just incase.

Application type: FLR(o) - outside of immigration rules (over-stayed but now married to british citizen)
Application made: 29th Aug 2012
Confirmation letter received: 4th Sep 2012
Biometrics received and submitted: 20th Feb 2013

and nothing since...

I was wondering also, on this forum, i read about alot of peole who get their MPs involved, does this actually help? Cos i would imagine since so many people do it, the home office have probably tuned out to such pleas for expediency... i could be wrong though. Any1 with any insight into this pls let us know. thanks

MJ8

sanny26
Member of Standing

Re: hi all, new member

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:21 pm

mj8 wrote:Hi everyone,
been visiting this website for ages and finally decided to pitch in after a phonecall to UKBA....sorry Home office. So i've called 2x in the last 4 weeks and rather than the usual "whats your reference number"? "confirm your name and DOB"...."sorry your application is still pending and you will have to continue to wait"..."bye and thanks for calling". All i got again today is "applications made prior to march 31st 2013, outside of immigration rules, have been re-prioritised to be completed by end of summer this year". He didn't confirm what month end of summer is, we are in the UK after all, the summer may end tomorrow...and he wouldn't guarantee that it would be done by then. All he could say is home office has a committment to sort them out by then. Anyway nothing but a waiting game now, not that it hasn't, i mean we've only been waiting 11 months now but who's counting lol :? . Here is my timeline just incase.

Application type: FLR(o) - outside of immigration rules (over-stayed but now married to british citizen)

and nothing since...

I was wondering also, on this forum, i read about alot of peole who get their MPs involved, does this actually help? Cos i would imagine since so many people do it, the home office have probably tuned out to such pleas for expediency... i could be wrong though. Any1 with any insight into this pls let us know. thanks

MJ8
Nothing tried nothing done,contact your mp explain your situation and see what he can do for you.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:57 pm

What does this mean from UKBA?

I apologise for the delay in considering your application.
I can assure you that your application is now under active consideration. I can also assure you that all your documentation and representations will be carefully considered before any decision is taken.

???
Ale001

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: hi all, new member

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:59 pm

mj8 wrote:Hi everyone,

and nothing since...

I was wondering also, on this forum, i read about alot of peole who get their MPs involved, does this actually help? Cos i would imagine since so many people do it, the home office have probably tuned out to uch pleas for

expediency... i could be wrong though. Any1 with any insight into this pls let us know. thanks

MJ8
Thank God they have repriorited those who applied last year. We will all here from them this summer. They are under new directors so they will. 15months waiting is no joke.
Contacted my Mp she is gonna let me know today in regards to my case.
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:01 pm

ale001 wrote:What does this mean from UKBA?

I can assure you that your application is now under active consideration. I can also assure you that all your documentation and representations will be carefully considered before any decision is taken.

???
It is selfexplainatry. They are looking at Ur case and doing something that what it means
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Just received a call from the lawyer who said I have been granted emergency aid by the legal aid......there is still a second stage for them to suee if I actually financially qualify for the aid. but the important thing is that the case is proceeding and a Barrister is looking at the case now.

Thanks all.

All the best its good news
Godgives

ale001

Post by ale001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:13 pm

GodGives wrote:
ale001 wrote:What does this mean from UKBA?

???
It is selfexplainatry. They are looking at Ur case and doing something that what it means
I hope they do :)
Ale001

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi shareen24h nothing yet, just waiting, I don't know how long we have to wait, already over 9 months to my application. 3 months time I will apply my daughter british citizenship, lets how it goes? life is finished here in uk anyway, 15 years not a joke, sometimes I feel bad why I am waisting my time over in a limbo.. oh again I think for my daughter's good future.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:34 pm

@Sanny...ooh ok...no worries we receiving our status by fire by force in Jesus name.I pray and hope for good news to all who have been waiting since last year!!

@Mj8....welcome to the forum and ur timeline is similar to mine.So,I hope the HO is seriously priotising after telling us fairy-tales which are in fact a yawn at the moment hey!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Keisha wrote:@Sanny...ooh ok...no worries we receiving our status by fire by force in Jesus name.I pray and hope for good news to all who have been waiting since last year!!

@Mj8....welcome to the forum and ur timeline is similar to mine.So,I hope the HO is seriously priotising after telling us fairy-tales which are in fact a yawn at the moment hey!
Amen oo, i've been waiting for 14 months now. Nawa O!
Make God help us O!
I don tire sef... :D
Ale001

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Honestly I'm so stressed out I've got a flight next week and all now I can't even get back my passport I thought when they states they allocate my case to a caseworker for urgent consideration they meant they would deal with it straight away. If I don't get back my passport by wednesday or thursday of this week then I loose all my money. Bare in mind I book this flight from lastyear because I did thought it would taken this lomg because its jus an extension.. Really don't know what to do next. Sighhhhhhhh

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:40 pm

sanny26 wrote:Honestly I'm so stressed out I've got a flight next week and all now I can't even get back my passport I thought when they states they allocate my case to a caseworker for urgent consideration they meant they would deal with it straight away. If I don't get back my passport by wednesday or thursday of this week then I loose all my money. Bare in mind I book this flight from lastyear because I did thought it would taken this lomg because its jus an extension.. Really don't know what to do next. Sighhhhhhhh

You could explain the situation to the Ombudsman and see what the answer would be. You never know!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:44 pm

@Ale...soon u will be rejoicing in Jesus for we shall receive our status.The devil is liar making us anxious and sweat....he's under our feet!All shall surely come to pass!!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:51 pm

ale001 wrote:
Keisha wrote:@Sanny...ooh ok...no worries we receiving our status by fire by force in Jesus name.I pray and hope for good news to all who have been waiting since last year!!

Amen oo, i've been waiting for 14 months now. Nawa O!
Make God help us O!
I don tire sef... :D
Lol me sef I tire. 15months. May God help us
Godgives

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Chidy wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Honestly I'm so stressed out I've got a flight next week and all now I can't even get back my passport I thought when they states they allocate my case to a caseworker for urgent consideration they meant they would deal with it straight away. If I don't get back my passport by wednesday or thursday of this week then I loose all my money. Bare in mind I book this flight from lastyear because I did thought it would taken this lomg because its jus an extension.. Really don't know what to do next. Sighhhhhhhh

You could explain the situation to the Ombudsman and see what the answer would be. You never know!

Apart from the ombudsman do you think I could email back my mp and ask them to contact ukba on my behalf?

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Fax them Ur flight ticket
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:54 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Chidy wrote:

Apart from the ombudsman do you think I could email back my mp and ask them to contact ukba on my behalf?
You can get Ur mp to fax them Ur flight ticket
Godgives

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Posted a msg earlier bt l don't know Wat happened to it.

We have bn actively bn following this forum silently and we thank God 4 it, Keeps people sane. My partner got bad news this morning, his application was refused after exactly 15 months on the basis that l, himself and our child can relocate and start a new life in our home country. ( our child n l r both British). He does not have right of appeal n has bn told to contact the Enforcement unit by 4/07/13 ( yes l know today is 8/7/13) this people r ridiculous, his refusal was on the 20th June, tells u Wat postage they used. Kmt. Anyway could anyone and everyone who can, give us advice on Wat to do next? His solicitor is off for 2 weeks. Got the call from the secretary.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Ma logo wrote:Posted a msg earlier bt l don't know Wat happened to it.

We have bn actively bn following this forum silently and we thank God 4 it, Keeps people sane. My partner got bad news this morning, his application was refused after exactly 15 months on the basis that l, himself and our child can relocate and start a new life in our home country. ( our child n l r both British). He does not have right of appeal n has bn told to contact the Enforcement unit by 4/07/13 ( yes l know today is 8/7/13) this people r ridiculous, his refusal was on the 20th June, tells u Wat postage they used. Kmt. Anyway could anyone and everyone who can, give us advice on Wat to do next? His solicitor is off for 2 weeks. Got the call from the secretary.
How old is your child?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:10 pm

GodGives wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
Chidy wrote:

You can get Ur mp to fax them Ur flight ticket

Have you got their fax number please?

winners

Post by winners » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:12 pm

On what basis do yo applied?

SDP

Post by SDP » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:14 pm

I know it is ridiculous of HO of act in such a manner, if u and ur child are British your partner has a strong chance, all u need is to prove with proper documents ,contact your solicitor for further assistance, your solicitors firm is not one man band army ,their would be juniors sitting there...after all we hire them and pay thousands to sort our issues out not to go on holidays !