ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR as self employed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

T1ilr

ILR as self employed

Post by T1ilr » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Hello all,

I have an important query- if someone can throw some light please?

I have ILR due in December 2013. I have already qualified in the incomes aspect. However, my situation is:

1) I am self employed and have been drawing salary + Dividend
2) Contract market got tougher and hence I did not get work from Dec 2012.
3) I have stopped taking salary from April 2013 (means last income tax paid + NI was QE Mar 2013) and took dividend in May 2013 and again this month.
4) My earnings period would be Sep 2012 till Aug 2013. During this period my salary + dividend equates the required threshold for me to qualify for ILR.
5) However, my company bank balance is only £1500 now.
6) Otherwise corporation tax, NI+ Tax and VAT are all up to date and no arrears.

Now my questions are:

a) Is the company bank balance irrelevant for ILR or do I need to have certain amount of money?
b) How is it going to go that I haven't had work since Dec last year
d) How is it going to go with HO that I have not withdrawn salary since April which means no tax after QE Mar 2013.
e) Obviously, the company would not be on profit for the current FY.

I have already decided to go permanent and so the above company situation is not going to change.

What are your thoughts please?

Kind regards

wmazhar

Re: ILR as self employed

Post by wmazhar » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:20 pm

my thoughts are below
T1ilr wrote:Hello all,

I have an important query- if someone can throw some light please?

I have ILR due in December 2013. I have already qualified in the incomes aspect. However, my situation is:

1) I am self employed and have been drawing salary + Dividend
2) Contract market got tougher and hence I did not get work from Dec 2012.
3) I have stopped taking salary from April 2013 (means last income tax paid + NI was QE Mar 2013) and took dividend in May 2013 and again this month.
4) My earnings period would be Sep 2012 till Aug 2013. During this period my salary + dividend equates the required threshold for me to qualify for ILR.
5) However, my company bank balance is only £1500 now.
6) Otherwise corporation tax, NI+ Tax and VAT are all up to date and no arrears.

Now my questions are:

a) Is the company bank balance irrelevant for ILR or do I need to have certain amount of money? //no certain amount is required, some guys here have used business overdraft and still got the visa

b) How is it going to go that I haven't had work since Dec last year//
that does't matter even if you work 1 month in the last 12 months and reached the threshold amount you are fine

d) How is it going to go with HO that I have not withdrawn salary since April which means no tax after QE Mar 2013. // doesn't matter just show the withdrawn salary
e) Obviously, the company would not be on profit for the current FY.
//company should have money to pay current year tax in April 2014, however if you don't have money now you can put money later.

I have already decided to go permanent and so the above company situation is not going to change.

//you can show the combine income as well if you get job before visa

What are your thoughts please?

Kind regards

T1ilr

Post by T1ilr » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Thanks wmazar. This is quiet re-assuring