ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Parent's Settlement Visa: Help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sywahu

Applying for Parent's Settlement Visa: Help

Post by sywahu » Sun May 06, 2007 12:35 am

Hi,

My dad is still working at 65 but will soon retire to head back to Pakistan. I am myself a UK citizen and reading the IND website, the rules are quite clear on how to go about applying for a settlement visa for them.

But, there are a few difficulties like "proving that there is no one to look after them over there". This should not be a problem since this is the reality. I am sure it is still going to be quite difficult to really prove it in some way.

What I am not sure about is the actual experience of going through the process. I would be very grateful if someone on the forum could share their experience of applying for their parents, what documents exactly they had to gather? how long it took? what were the problems etc? People tell me that this is a very difficult category and its next to impossible to get an approval. Only under extreme circumstances do the HO even consider the application etc?

Thanks