ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:27 pm

ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote: how long has ur sister been waiting for?
Applied last oct biometric in march asked for more documents end of last month and now been nearly a week
ok whats her story? is she older or younger than you.
she is younger than me by few years and i am nearly 23 she sent her application before me but they asked for my biometrics first but asked for her extra documents first lol so it seems like they aint handling the applications with date order
Ah ok she wasnt a minor then i guess when she applied. Yep they dont seem to be but sometimes it takes months before they respond even if they asked for more documents. Hopefully she gets a reply soon rather than later.
You can definately work with ur birth certificate. You can apply for NI with it as well. Try to send the form to register as a british citizen as soon as you can. All the best.
Godgives

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:27 pm

ale001 wrote:Hi guys, if UKBA reply with this, how soon u think they will send me decision?

I can assure you that your application is now under active consideration. I can also assure you that all your documentation and representations, including those made to the Home Office, will be carefully considered before any decision is taken

How soon you think they will send me decision?
i think thats their usual answer because someone on here got the same reply from them and they still havent got decision on their application

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:29 pm

ale001 wrote:Hi guys, if UKBA reply with this, how soon u think they will send me decision?

I can assure you that your application is now under active consideration. I can also assure you that all your documentation and representations, including those made to the Home Office, will be carefully considered before any decision is taken

This can take weeks to months. You sound like u are panicking there is no need to. I noticed you have asked this before. Just have to be patient Ale001
Godgives

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what do the UKBA mean by official documents... would you please give examples..

thank you

ale001

Post by ale001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:00 pm

GodGives wrote:

This can take weeks to months. You sound like u are panicking there is no need to. I noticed you have asked this before. Just have to be patient Ale001
OK thanks.
Ale001

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Ma logo wrote:Posted a msg earlier bt l don't know Wat happened to it.

We have bn actively bn following this forum silently and we thank God 4 it, Keeps people sane. My partner got bad news this morning, his application was refused after exactly 15 months on the basis that l, himself and our child can relocate and start a new life in our home country. ( our child n l r both British). He does not have right of appeal n has bn told to contact the Enforcement unit by 4/07/13 ( yes l know today is 8/7/13) this people r ridiculous, his refusal was on the 20th June, tells u Wat postage they used. Kmt. Anyway could anyone and everyone who can, give us advice on Wat to do next? His solicitor is off for 2 weeks. Got the call from the secretary.
Hi ma logo please accept my heartfelt apologies regarding this unpleasant situation. No one even knows how the home office make their 'random' decisions. Sometimes, I mean as I have come to understand on this forum and another which I frequently visit, the home office does take the following into consideration before reaching a decision, status at the point of application, that is if the applicant had valid leave to remain at the time of applying or not. They also consider the finances,if you are in receipt of any benefit amongst a few other flimsy reasons. Sometimes they would say they consider if the applicant has an special circumstances which might prompt them to grant the applicant the leave on a discretion,these special circumstances could include domestic violence,illness,situations which could lead to victimisation,stigma and the likes.
The examples I have listed above are not fool proof, as we often find people who do not tick half of their requirement boxes but get granted,we also find people in the opposite situation, they tick all the boxes but perhaps the case worker had a brawl at the pub the previous night and just decides to refuse people's application for the most silly insignificant reason because they got passed off the previous night.(just assuming worst case scenario,cos it's hard to understand how they operate majority of the time,dont pay too much attention to my illustration please). I believe it's all favour so dont lose hope. Any decision can be overturned. I am just trying to encourage you and paint a broader picture if it will be of any help. I want to believe your solicitor has someone who can deputise and play an active role in his or her absence so I would advice you at least speak to that person for starters,just to put your mind at ease pending when your solicitor comes back and who knows you just might get a call again that your case has been reconsidered and your partner has been granted. All the best and please let us know how you get on
God bless.
Last edited by mummytwo on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Azhaar wrote:Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what do the UKBA mean by official documents... would you please give examples..

thank you
official documents could be things like utility bills, bank statements, letter from councils or anything else which is by a business

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:25 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hi shareen24h nothing yet, just waiting, I don't know how long we have to wait, already over 9 months to my application. 3 months time I will apply my daughter british citizenship, lets how it goes? life is finished here in uk anyway, 15 years not a joke, sometimes I feel bad why I am waisting my time over in a limbo.. oh again I think for my daughter's good future.
Hi Shondra Sharma

Thank you for response. I was very optimistic, but now get hopeless coz the way HO responding, look at the Ma logo to day thread. If they refuse British child and their partner. What can happened someone else who don`t have valid status. HO are not giving any importance for 7 yr child new rule. Although they have passed the law to give importance to the best interest of child. I don`t know what will happen. Almighty bless us.
Last edited by shareen24h on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:27 pm

ale001 wrote:
GodGives wrote:

OK thanks.
your welcome. By God grace you will hear back soon with good news Amen
Godgives

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:34 pm

GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
Applied last oct biometric in march asked for more documents end of last month and now been nearly a week
ok whats her story? is she older or younger than you.
she is younger than me by few years and i am nearly 23 she sent her application before me but they asked for my biometrics first but asked for her extra documents first lol so it seems like they aint handling the applications with date order
Ah ok she wasnt a minor then i guess when she applied. Yep they dont seem to be but sometimes it takes months before they respond even if they asked for more documents. Hopefully she gets a reply soon rather than later.
You can definately work with ur birth certificate. You can apply for NI with it as well. Try to send the form to register as a british citizen as soon as you can. All the best.
yes i will try to speak to my solicitor and ask if he can help with NI because everytime i wanted to apply for NI i was told that i need permit or paper from HO saying that i have permission to work

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 am

Ma logo wrote:Posted a msg earlier bt l don't know Wat happened to it.

We have bn actively bn following this forum silently and we thank God 4 it, Keeps people sane. My partner got bad news this morning, his application was refused after exactly 15 months on the basis that l, himself and our child can relocate and start a new life in our home country. ( our child n l r both British). He does not have right of appeal n has bn told to contact the Enforcement unit by 4/07/13 ( yes l know today is 8/7/13) this people r ridiculous, his refusal was on the 20th June, tells u Wat postage they used. Kmt. Anyway could anyone and everyone who can, give us advice on Wat to do next? His solicitor is off for 2 weeks. Got the call from the secretary.
Hi . Sorry about the refusal .don't give up and keep fighting with your partner , I've got a similar case to yours , I have a British daughter who is 6 years and a British partner , been here 10 years . (Overstayer ) got refused on the similar basis to your partner's. my solicitor sent 2 reconsideration letters to ukba , both were rejected , saying they are not legally obliged to reconsider decisions and any further reconsideration letters will be rejected .
A company working on behalf of ukba to deport illegal immigrants called capita, kept on sending me txt messages and emails asking me to leave the country within a week else they will send enforcement team to my address. I was left with no choice but to proceed with a judiciary review . It cost a lot of money but that was the only option I had . So I rang capita and gave them the court reference number, since then , they have stop bugging me with those messages and emails .
Please make the right decision and seek proper legal advise . Good luck ...

Indie007
Newly Registered

Post by Indie007 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:34 am

Ma logo wrote:Thanks guys replying to our predicament. Our child is 18 months, the solicitors secretary said that only his solicitor can deal with his case. We applied FLR O on the basis of a British partner and child, proved with all documents required and the Home Office even requested more docs on the 16th May 2013. We sent so many documents as prove. Please keep the advice coming as it is very shocking and frustrating!!! 15 months wait and solicitor being on holiday, all at once.
@ma logo , i had exactly the same reply and was also referred to my local enforcement unit.I also have a British child and partner.My solicitor sent reconsideration letters to the Home office but they did not respond and hence we initiated the JR process.So i am still waiting.Be strong and keep fighting.Let us know how you progress and if there are any developments on my side i will also post on the forum.Good luck and God bless.In the meantime you can phone the enforcement unit and tell them that you intend to go for a judicial review and they will probably tell you to put that it in writting.This will buy you time whilst you are waiting for your solicitor to return.
Last edited by Indie007 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:40 am

@ ma logo am so sorry to hear about d refusal....was it a fresh application or extension? either way i still think you have a very strong case cos u have a right to family life... go for JR asap..as for yr solicitor who does nt have someone to deputise for him while he is away you need to have him reported and get yr money refunded......do not give up ,,it is well in jesus name

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:44 am

i am wondering if HO is just makin unfair decision without carefully considering pple's circumstances just to clear backlog.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:02 am

Hi shareen24h its shocking people reufsed but stay positive, my solicitor told me if both parents are illegal or overstayer and been here long and child born or lived in uk 7 or more years, they have more chance than british child and partner, home office think child can stay with their one parents, they don't care about other parents but in both parents illegal or overstayer case how comes child lived their own is one, lets hope for good, he told me if you applied after 9th of july and your child 7 or more years lived in uk and your in the immigration rules, should be granted. Could you share your story ? how long you been in uk? God bless

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:19 am

Morning people hoping this morning someone gets a breakthrough.

Date application sent: 5/10/2012
Date of acknowledgement: 23/10/2012
Date of biometric enrolment: 01/03/2013
WAiTINGGGG

Flr o extension

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:24 am

Morning Shanny26 just wait wait...........wait.. waiting already 9 months, hope some good news

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:26 am

Good morning guys.

Thank u very much 4 ur advice n consolation, and most of all the humour @ mummytwo :D. I can definitely tell u that the case worker was high on something, on the refusal letter he states that we should go back and live in India, also continues to repeat that our relationship can continue in India( We r not from India). God is in control and all will b well. The worst part will b the 2 weeks waiting 4 the solicitor to come back. The enforcement unit gave my partner Options of which to choose to take.@Indie007 and @ why lie Can l please ask how much JR cost? N what is the process?

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:45 am

Ma logo wrote:Good morning guys.

Thank u very much 4 ur advice n consolation, and most of all the humour @ mummytwo :D. I can definitely tell u that the case worker was high on something, on the refusal letter he states that we should go back and live in India, also continues to repeat that our relationship can continue in India( We r not from India). God is in control and all will b well. The worst part will b the 2 weeks waiting 4 the solicitor to come back. The enforcement unit gave my partner Options of which to choose to take.@Indie007 and @ why lie Can l please ask how much JR cost? N what is the process?
Raise this with your Mp as soon as possible. It sounds like a mistake. If u are not Indian nationals then thats a big blunder as the caseworker has confused u with someone else. There was a girl on this forum who got a refusal and some weeks later got granted
Godgives

davdav
Newly Registered

Post by davdav » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:50 am

Hello Ma logo,dont scare.u will rejoice atlast there nothing they can do.pls,is ur partner whitte british?

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:53 am

@ ma logo i agree wit godgives....there must be a mistake somewhere....first of all write a letter if reconsideration statin dat u belive d decision is wrong and point out d fact dat d caseworker keeps mentionin india ...question d quality of service they render.. Start by writing theresa may,yr mp and even david cameron asap...good luck

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:14 am

I feel so down this morning ma flight date drawing near and no passport kmt, so I rang homeoffice just now I gave the guy all ma details he put me on hold for about 3-4 mins saying he's gona check to c if anything as been sent out he came back and said a decision hasn't reach yet they still dealing with it. Oh lord oh much longer will I have to wait . Lord I need u more than ever before because it seems like ukba out to mad me. Kmt smh

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:23 am

sanny26 wrote:I feel so down this morning ma flight date drawing near and no passport kmt, so I rang homeoffice just now I gave the guy all ma details he put me on hold for about 3-4 mins saying he's gona check to c if anything as been sent out he came back and said a decision hasn't reach yet they still dealing with it. Oh lord oh much longer will I have to wait . Lord I need u more than ever before because it seems like ukba out to mad me. Kmt smh
Sanny how long u've been waiting?
Ale001

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:27 am

ale001 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:I feel so down this morning ma flight date drawing near and no passport kmt, so I rang homeoffice just now I gave the guy all ma details he put me on hold for about 3-4 mins saying he's gona check to c if anything as been sent out he came back and said a decision hasn't reach yet they still dealing with it. Oh lord oh much longer will I have to wait . Lord I need u more than ever before because it seems like ukba out to mad me. Kmt smh
Sanny how long u've been waiting?

9 months and 4 days. I'm doing an extension. I book my flight from lastyear because I never thought doing an extension would have taken this long.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:38 am

i just called UKBA to get update on my application. waited 20mins on hold and when someone did answer. all they said that oh no decision has been made yet on your application . we had some problems with system last year and we are trying to sort everything out by end of summer. hmmm completely waste of time

couldnt even tell me if i have a case worker or not