ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:45 am

They just full of pure crap I HATE that organisation so much

ali90

Post by ali90 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:01 pm

sanny26 wrote:They just full of pure crap I HATE that organisation so much
same but sadly they control our life right now especially mine from where i live to where i even buy food from :/

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Ma logo wrote:Good morning guys.

Thank u very much 4 ur advice n consolation, and most of all the humour @ mummytwo :D. I can definitely tell u that the case worker was high on something, on the refusal letter he states that we should go back and live in India, also continues to repeat that our relationship can continue in India( We r not from India). God is in control and all will b well. The worst part will b the 2 weeks waiting 4 the solicitor to come back. The enforcement unit gave my partner Options of which to choose to take.@Indie007 and @ why lie Can l please ask how much JR cost? N what is the process?
@ Ma logo...I think the home office is surely high on something....I sympathize with your case... UKBA told my employer that I was not allowed to work and I only found out yesterday from my MP it is because they say they received my application a day after my previous visa expired. Yet I posted my application a day before my visa expired and according to their rules (which I have forwarded to my MP) date of application is the day you post the application and if this is not clear on the envelop then the caseworker has to count backwards several days. So now I have accumulated debt for nothing...but my MP has taken it up with them so hopefully should go back to work soon....but thats home office for you... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by grenadagirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:26 pm

I already sent two letters to ukba I am really tempted to ask my solicitor to send another. But I know the get angry when people send letters and call.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 pm

Whatever happens, I urge all of you to be positive. With the H.O do not expect, do not plan, just wait. They are playing with people's emotion. If you put too much trust in them, you will be deceived. H.O will always do their best to make us unhappy. So the last thing you want, is to attach your emotion on what you expect from them. They have the resources (including our fees) to make us suffer. Please be prepared for the torture, even when you are granted 2.5 years, as you will have to come back to them later. They don't change. For them it is cultural and institutional to do what they are doing.
"We are all in the same boat"

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Chidy wrote:Whatever happens, I urge all of you to be positive. With the H.O do not expect, do not plan, just wait. They are playing with people's emotion. If you put too much trust in them, you will be deceived. H.O will always do their best to make us unhappy. So the last thing you want, is to attach your emotion on what you expect from them. They have the resources (including our fees) to make us suffer. Please be prepared for the torture, even when you are granted 2.5 years, as you will have to come back to them later. They don't change. For them it is cultural and institutional to do what they are doing.
Sad but true :(
Thank God I found this forum! Id have gone seriously mad by now without you guys!!! :D
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:55 pm

[quote="Chidy"]Whatever happens, I urge all of you to be positive. With the H.O do not expect, do not plan, just wait. They are playing with people's emotion. If you put too much trust in them, you will be deceived. H.O will always do their best to make us unhappy. So the last thing you want, is to attach your emotion on what you expect from them. They have the resources (including our fees) to make us suffer. Please be prepared for the torture, even when you are granted 2.5 years, as you will have to come back to them later. They don't change. For them it is cultural and institutional to do what they are doing.
"We are all in the same boat"[/quote

How long have u been waiting for hun?]

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Chidy wrote:Whatever happens, I urge all of you to be positive. With the H.O do not expect, do not plan, just wait. They are playing with people's emotion. If you put too much trust in them, you will be deceived. H.O will always do their best to make us unhappy. So the last thing you want, is to attach your emotion on what you expect from them. They have the resources (including our fees) to make us suffer. Please be prepared for the torture, even when you are granted 2.5 years, as you will have to come back to them later. They don't change. For them it is cultural and institutional to do what they are doing.
you are absolutely right, thats exactly HO point to make it as hard as possible for as. they are fed up with as and are trying to make as give up.
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hi shareen24h its shocking people reufsed but stay positive, my solicitor told me if both parents are illegal or overstayer and been here long and child born or lived in uk 7 or more years, they have more chance than british child and partner, home office think child can stay with their one parents, they don't care about other parents but in both parents illegal or overstayer case how comes child lived their own is one, lets hope for good, he told me if you applied after 9th of july and your child 7 or more years lived in uk and your in the immigration rules, should be granted. Could you share your story ? how long you been in uk? God bless
Hi Shondra Sharma

Thanks again for your positive attitude. I came in 2004 as a student and my child join me at his age 4 and half. now he is 12. living here more then 7 yrs.
Overstayed from 2009. My concern is though we have no valid status, the only thing child 7 yrs duration here. But HO r not bothering childrens who`s parent have no status.They are not interested those family and minor to stay here, . I don`t know what will happen. Did u made any query after ur application. I haven`t. Take care hope see u again.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:47 pm

verbina wrote:
Thank God I found this forum! Id have gone seriously mad by now without you guys!!! :D
me too verbina, this place is my drug, feels good when people are in similar situation and they understand you. its just an unpleasant experience to share with your friends who have a normal life and talk about thir future plans, holidays, jobs and i have none of this. Just feel different.
for some reasons in summer seems harder, never thought i will stay 10 years in this limbo. sometimes i ask my self if was it worth and what im i teaching my children from all this?
:?
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:03 pm

sanny26 wrote:They just full of pure crap I HATE that organisation so much
i feel your pain, booked a trip to Greece early autumn last year for this summer but had to cancel it because dont have my passport. only lost my deposit but still gutted at that. The UKBA are incredibly inconsiderate of peoples' situations seeing as they can take up to a year to reach a decision.

I mean can they just imagine what it would be like to stay at home, not doing anything just waiting for the postman, you cant work, you cant travel, you cant study, theres no transparency on your case so you dont know what the hell is going on. On top of this you might have a family you need to support

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:08 pm

summer2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:
me too verbina, this place is my drug, feels good when people are in similar situation and they understand you. its just an unpleasant experience to share with your friends who have a normal life and talk about thir future plans, holidays, jobs and i have none of this. Just feel different.
for some reasons in summer seems harder, never thought i will stay 10 years in this limbo. sometimes i ask my self if was it worth and what im i teaching my children from all this?
:?
Yep I just put on a brave face for my friends and say that im really sorting my ***t out this time and sooner or later I will be able to go on holidays with them and be normal too!!!
My British daughter is not impressed with me for not trying to regularise my status ages ago.... she is 12 now, I hope she ll understand why I took so long to take the plunge when she is older.... But now she is pretty resentful coz of that :(

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:18 pm

My Time line
Applied 27the Sep 2012
Biometrics done 27th Feb2013
Decision waiting !

Spoke to HO abt 10 mins ago and first answer i got was "waiting for a decision to be taken"...again rang them for the second time, this time the answer was "file is with the case working unit " and I need to wait patiently .. Which one is right ? It's frustrating.... :evil: :evil: after a long wait of 9 months I get this answer from HO

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:21 pm

SDP wrote:My Time line
Applied 27the Sep 2012
Decision waiting !

Spoke to HO abt 10 mins ago and first answer i got was "waiting for a decision to be taken"...again rang them for the second time, this time the answer was "file is with the case working unit " and I need to wait patiently .. Which one is right ? It's frustrating.... :evil: :evil:
I suppose both of them sound about right... Case working unit is still deciding, so just wait patiently a little longer and hopefully you ll hear good news very soon!!!!

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:30 pm

verbina wrote:
Applied 27the Sep 2012
Decision waiting !

Spoke to HO abt 10 mins ago and first answer i got was "waiting for a decision to be taken"...again rang them for the second time, this time the answer was "file is with the case working unit " and I need to wait patiently .. Which one is right ? It's frustrating.... :evil: :evil:
I suppose both of them sound about right... Case working unit is still deciding, so just wait patiently a little longer and hopefully you ll hear good news very soon!!!!
Sorry she also said for Flr(o) applications decision will be made until end of summer..

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi Shareen24h thanks for you kind response. Think positive, this 7 year child rules is for illegal or overstayer who have a children lived 7 or more years. We know we don't have a vaild leave otherwise not a problem why we living in a limbo, this is not the question you don't have a leave and you can't grant under 7 year child rules, this rules for them. So we applied under the immigration rules paid home office fees, so I say why not we granted, unless you have criminal conviction. So don't worry we will be granted, god bless. Don't compare with one british parents and british children, our case is different, our child can't stay alone, need their parents how comes they remove child which they falls under the immigration rules. God bless

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Ma logo wrote:Good morning guys.

Thank u very much 4 ur advice n consolation, and most of all the humour @ mummytwo :D. I can definitely tell u that the case worker was high on something, on the refusal letter he states that we should go back and live in India, also continues to repeat that our relationship can continue in India( We r not from India). God is in control and all will b well. The worst part will b the 2 weeks waiting 4 the solicitor to come back. The enforcement unit gave my partner Options of which to choose to take.@Indie007 and @ why lie Can l please ask how much JR cost? N what is the process?
hi, don't be too panicky, just remain calm and stay positive. regarding the JR, the cost will differ from barrister to barrister , the cheapest i got was just under £2000.
first of all, u need to write a (PAP) pre action protocol letter ( like a form of reconsideration letter) asking them to review your case and reconsider. This letter can sometimes do the trick and your case might be reconsidered.
If the PAP doesn't do the trick then u can proceed with the JR. when u lodge the JR u may be given the right to appeal or the home office solicitors will just back down and ask u to withdraw the JR and issue u with the visa if you have a very strong case .
I suggest you seek proper legal advise. Good luck.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hi Shareen24h thanks for you kind response. Think positive, this 7 year child rules is for illegal or overstayer who have a children lived 7 or more years. We know we don't have a vaild leave otherwise not a problem why we living in a limbo, this is not the question you don't have a leave and you can't grant under 7 year child rules, this rules for them. So we applied under the immigration rules paid home office fees, so I say why not we granted, unless you have criminal conviction. So don't worry we will be granted, god bless. Don't compare with one british parents and british children, our case is different, our child can't stay alone, need their parents how comes they remove child which they falls under the immigration rules. God bless
Hi
Shondra Sharma

Thank you again for you explanation. I don`t have any criminal conviction. It seems to me that after 15 yrs staying here you have more more patient then me.I m emotional so could not control my patient some time when see people are refusing. Thank you for ur time, anyway did u made any further query after u made ur application.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:42 pm

SDP wrote:
verbina wrote:
Applied 27the Sep 2012
Decision waiting !

Sorry she also said for Flr(o) applications decision will be made until end of summer..
Ouch!!! Yeh, I see what you mean now.... :roll:
I know it still sucks, but we kinda mid-summer now, so it may well be you ll get your decision in a month time or so....
Thats why I resolved to not phone that evil 0870 number lol, coz one pays premium rates to be on hold then get some bullshit answers ... Sorry hun :(

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:53 pm

After 15months my application has been refused. I am yet to see the reasons of refusal
Godgives

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Applied 27the Sep 2012
Decision waiting !

Spoke to HO abt 10 mins ago and first answer i got was "waiting for a decision to be taken"...again rang them for the second time, this time the answer was "file is with the case working unit " and I need to wait patiently .. Which one is right ? It's frustrating.... :evil: :evil: after a long wait of 9 months I get this answer from HO

I would go with call one, because obviously its not finish yet they still gona say with consideration unit. I reckon your case is with a caseworker. But they won't tell you that.. Its like this morning I rang and I gave the guy my detail and he look on the system and then he said he gona put me on hold to check if anything as been sent out to me. So I reckon any day now I will hear some form of news.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:03 pm

GodGives wrote:After 15months my application has been refused. I am yet to see the reasons of refusal
Omg reading your post ma heart just skip a beat hun I'm really really sorry,I hope u fight these people for your right to be here.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm starting to feel abit nervy because people getting refused. What u guys tink of my chances. I'm doing extension, my oldest child is 10 he was born here,he was given DLR aswel back in 2009 but now he's 10 I can register him as a british citizen, I have also got 2 other kids whose british citizen ages 7 and 6 and a 1 year old I have been here for 12 years.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:23 pm

GodGives wrote:After 15months my application has been refused. I am yet to see the reasons of refusal
Oh babe!! So sorry ! After so long you got more waiting and expenses coming up with appeals :(

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Sorry to hear that bad news! Just say to yourself that nothing is lost but only delayed. The fight is on. You need now to challenge them and I wish you best of luck.