ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

implication of name change on ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

georgy1

implication of name change on ILR

Post by georgy1 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:33 am

Hi All,

I am not Tier 1 will be applying for ILR some time in DEC 2013.
My Wife would be eligible for it on July 2014.

So my question is her passport and current visa is in old name (before marriage) should i go for change now if so will it impact the ILR application for here as all the proof for cohab document is in here old name ?
can this be done when applying for ILR i mean (visa with new name ) ?
or should i wait get the ILR and then think of changing the name?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: implication of name change on ILR

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:35 am

georgy1 wrote:Hi All,

I am not Tier 1 will be applying for ILR some time in DEC 2013.
My Wife would be eligible for it on July 2014.

So my question is her passport and current visa is in old name (before marriage) should i go for change now if so will it impact the ILR application for here as all the proof for cohab document is in here old name ?
can this be done when applying for ILR i mean (visa with new name ) ?
or should i wait get the ILR and then think of changing the name?
The ILR form will ask for previous names.

"If you change your name when you get married or when you register a civil partnership, a copy of the marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate will usually be enough evidence that you have changed your name." See http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/r ... f_name.htm
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:25 pm

thanks guru dose that mean i should not go for name change and do my processing on old name itself?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:01 pm

georgy1 wrote:thanks guru dose that mean i should not go for name change and do my processing on old name itself?
The fact that she had changed her name as a result of marriage should not affect cohabitation documents providing you have a valid marriage certificate. You said you were not apply for PBS ilr? Are you applying under long residency and is your spouse a PBS dep?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:40 pm

sorry to begin with the passport she as have a old name and even he visa which is tier 1 general dependent is also on old name so i wanted to aks should go ahead with name change on passport in middle of 2 year which is required for applying for ILR for here or should i wait to get the ILR first then make all the changes passport and visa name and and we are applying from with in country.

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:31 pm

My wife is on Tier 1 Dependent Visa with her Maiden Name
Her Passport currently refelcts the same name Maiden Name.
We want to chnage her name to My Family Name.
But we are little worried on this part
1.If we go to embassy and chnage her name on Passport then will this effect her Visa Status
Since Visa will be on Old Name (Maiden Name)?

2.Cohab Documents will be few on Old Maiden Name and then when we change will be on Changed name.Will this be fine?

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:41 am

Hi All,
Can anyone reply on my queries pls?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Geogry1

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:00 pm

georgy1 wrote:Hi All,
Can anyone reply on my queries pls?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Geogry1
Hi,

Just for ur information,
My wife is on tier 1 dependent and we are due to apply for ILR in 1st week of august. I have recently got her surname changed on her passport(June), but we haven't done anything to her BRP because she will be issued new BRP and according to ukba, any personal information change with rgds to brp should be updated with in the period of 3 months and she will finish her 3month period on august 15th.

We also have the cohab docs on her maiden name, but I suppose that should not be a problem when we submit the marriage certificate with the application.

Thx,
Sonu

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi Sonubualt,
Thanks for your reply.
Just wanted to understand what do you mean by rgds
and
as you said "any personal information change with rgds to brp should be updated with in the period of 3 months "

Do you have any information on where would I get more information on this?
Since If I apply now then it would be more than 3 months before I apply for my BRP so I would need to update this information chnage.

Thanks,
Georgy1

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:01 pm

georgy1 wrote:Hi Sonubualt,
Thanks for your reply.
Just wanted to understand what do you mean by rgds
and
as you said "any personal information change with rgds to brp should be updated with in the period of 3 months "

Do you have any information on where would I get more information on this?
Since If I apply now then it would be more than 3 months before I apply for my BRP so I would need to update this information chnage.

Thanks,
Georgy1
Hi,

Rgds- Regards.

You will fine more information on the below link.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas- ... ibilities/

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:14 am

thanks a lot. :)

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi Sonu,
I just had a question will your wife's new BRP be on the changed name as it reflects on new passport?

How much time did it take by HCI Passport office to issue her a new passport and what documents did you submit?

Are you going to submit any cohab documents with your Wife's changed Name along with other documents?

Thanks,
Georgy1

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:34 pm

georgy1 wrote:Hi Sonu,
I just had a question will your wife's new BRP be on the changed name as it reflects on new passport?

How much time did it take by HCI Passport office to issue her a new passport and what documents did you submit?

Are you going to submit any cohab documents with your Wife's changed Name along with other documents?

Thanks,
Georgy1
Yes, as the new BRP will be issued on the new passport, because once you apply for your new passport, your old passport will be made null and void by passport issuing authority.

It took between 2-3 weeks to get the new passport.

All her previous docs hold her maiden surname, , but after having new passport, we got her name changed at our GP practice and had a letter confirming the same, just to have a back up of a new document on her new surname.

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:28 am

Thanks Sonu.
I am planning to follow same since I got to know if I change my Name now it would take more than 4 months sometimes to get new BRP on new name.And requires lot of follow up.

This seems to be better option.

Regards,
Georgy1

JShah

Post by JShah » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:59 am

Hi all,
I am in the process of changing my wife sure name on the passport, our ILR is due in OCT 2013(almost two months away), do I still need to change her name on the biometric card. The requirements is to inform UKBA within three months of changing personal details. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards
J

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 am

Hi J,
When did you change her name on passport?
Rule is like
'date you change the name from that day till 3 months it is fine if you dont change it.
But after that you need to change else there is fine.

Thanks,
Georgy1

JShah

Post by JShah » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Georgy,
I already applied for her passport but she has not yet received it. And we r applying for ILR in OCT this year.

Regards
J

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:51 am

Then I guess it would be fine.
Rule is within 3 months.

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi Sonu,
Any update on your Wife's ILR Application?

Thanks,
Georgy1