ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to sign my name on Postal orders

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hallowvip
Newly Registered

Forgot to sign my name on Postal orders

Post by hallowvip » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:16 am

I sent my T1E application on 08/07/2013, and the tracking shows that it's delivered to Home Office on the 9th, I just realized that I need to sign my name and date of birth on the back of each postal orders but I forgot to do so. Is the application gonna be invalid and what's the best option I can do now?

Please advice.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: Forgot to sign my name on Postal orders

Post by KickAss » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:23 am

Dont worry !
The first thing they do is to take money out of you.
So they will try to process postal order.
If it goes through then all is well.
If not then you will get back everything in 4-5 working days and then you can reapply.
I cannot certainly tell what will happen as I paid by Cheque.
But Its nothing you can do and dont feel bad about it.
I did even bigger mistake when I applied ! :) :) :)
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

hey

Post by hey » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:41 am

In my opinion please don't call them, I made a mistake when I paid by cheque. In mine case there is dependant so made two separate cheque. They took one and one wasn't deducted. Then I called ukba. You can't think what they have done after my call. They returned all the document saying bank didn't pay the cheque where cheque was not presented to my bank.
In my all document that there was a cheque which they haven't even try to look at that.

So don't panic. Your signature is not require in postal order to release money. That's what I think.

Thanks

hallowvip
Newly Registered

Post by hallowvip » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:12 pm

hey wrote:In my opinion please don't call them, I made a mistake when I paid by cheque. In mine case there is dependant so made two separate cheque. They took one and one wasn't deducted. Then I called ukba. You can't think what they have done after my call. They returned all the document saying bank didn't pay the cheque where cheque was not presented to my bank.
In my all document that there was a cheque which they haven't even try to look at that.

So don't panic. Your signature is not require in postal order to release money. That's what I think.

Thanks
KickAss wrote:Dont worry !
The first thing they do is to take money out of you.
So they will try to process postal order.
If it goes through then all is well.
If not then you will get back everything in 4-5 working days and then you can reapply.
I cannot certainly tell what will happen as I paid by Cheque.
But Its nothing you can do and dont feel bad about it.
I did even bigger mistake when I applied ! :) :) :)
Thanks for the reply.

Today I received the acknowledgement letter from Home Office, so I guess there's no problem if you miss your name and DOB on the check. I also read in some other forum about this same issue as mine, they also got the applications confirmed at the end.