ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After approval request of gnib and payment.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hadi88

After approval request of gnib and payment.

Post by Hadi88 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 am

Hi just want to ask if can someone give me a proper advice,if after approval,when they ask for gnib n payment, can i leave ireland,to visit my home country,before i get any approval date?

If yes,Will i be able to come into the country again without the garda card? Wondering do they keep the gnib card forever??

reverse_blade93
Newly Registered

Re: After approval request of gnib and payment.

Post by reverse_blade93 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:40 am

[quote="Hadi88"]Hi just want to ask if can someone give me a proper advice,if after approval,when they ask for gnib n payment, can i leave ireland,to visit my home country,before i get any approval date?

If yes,Will i be able to come into the country again without the garda card? Wondering do they keep the gnib card forever??[/quote]

First of all below is a scenario that applies only to those who received their naturalisation approval and have submitted their GNIB and paid the 950 fee, and are just waiting for their oathtaking dates.

Disclaimer: this is not a guarateed advise, thou I know a a person who has done it no problem.

It is very important thou to photocopy (if colour, much better, thou not mandatory as long as readable, front and back) your GNIB card prior to submission of it.

Also have a copy of your approval letter with you when you present yourself to the Dublin airport immigration.

And obviously, if you are a visa required national, this situation doesn't exempt you from a Irish re-entry visa, so make sure you have a valid one when you arrive back -- don't forget a valid passport as well.

Now if you are transiting to another country before Ireland, I know sometimes they asked for GNIB as well before you board the plane, you can show the above, but I suggest you query this to the airline you are flying with.

So far, all of my friends who have submitted their GNIBs for naturalisation didn't get it back anymore, so yes, I think they will have it forever :P

I hope this helps.

courny

Post by courny » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:12 am

i received my approval letter.
i made a copy of the letter and a colour copy of GNIB.
will be traveling to thailand and istanbul over the next 3 weeks.
whats the worst they could do?
i believe there shuld be no problems.!

dublinguy01
Newly Registered

Post by dublinguy01 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:50 pm

courny wrote:i received my approval letter.
i made a copy of the letter and a colour copy of GNIB.
will be traveling to thailand and istanbul over the next 3 weeks.
whats the worst they could do?
i believe there shuld be no problems.!
I was in the same situation, became citizen last year, submitted my gnib but had to travel to uk on official visit. I checked with the INIS by phone and was informed it wouldnt be any problem.

I returned and on the Dublin Airport showed the passport along with the printed copy of GNIB , Approval letter etc.. The officer was nice and let me go through without asking any questions or creating any troubles.

Good luck.