ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR - Redundancy

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

acerbic
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to ILR - Redundancy

Post by acerbic » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:58 am

Hello All,

Need an advice on some mind boggling issue.

I am on Tier 2 and my ILR is due in october 2013 .
My company is laying off few employees from the job and unfortunately my name is their on the list as well.
We haven't receive the notice yet but we have to leave the company somewhere in end of October.
I have spoken to HR and tried to get it into the deal but they not willing to provide me letter since i am not continuing with the job.
Its so unfortunate for me because by that time my 5 years will be completed, i have the right salary band, no issues with absentees etc.
I am here to take an advise from all the gurus, is their any way out - can i apply for ILR with this issue ? :oops: :(

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Redundancy

Post by makky86 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:31 pm

acerbic wrote:Hello All,

Need an advice on some mind boggling issue.

I am on Tier 2 and my ILR is due in october 2013 .
My company is laying off few employees from the job and unfortunately my name is their on the list as well.
We haven't receive the notice yet but we have to leave the company somewhere in end of October.
I have spoken to HR and tried to get it into the deal but they not willing to provide me letter since i am not continuing with the job.
Its so unfortunate for me because by that time my 5 years will be completed, i have the right salary band, no issues with absentees etc.
I am here to take an advise from all the gurus, is their any way out - can i apply for ILR with this issue ? :oops: :(
The other thing you could do is look for an another Tier 2 sponsor. Once you get a new job then ask new employer to provide a letter.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

acerbic
Newly Registered

Post by acerbic » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:13 pm

I have found the new employer and they do have the license but they have to wait for labour market test.
If i will be successfull in that , what would be the next step because they wont be applying visa on my behalf, they are just happy to provide me letter with the required SOC code.
How many days UKBA take to process this ?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:27 am

I personally think that in your case, first you will have to change your empoyer and sponsorship, and then once the october time is here, then ask them to give you a letter confirming that your services are stil required and then apply for ILR.
It is important to know that while applying for ILR, u should b on same employer sponsorship who is providing u the letter.
the RLMT should not take more than a month, so should be in time

hope it helps.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:42 pm

acerbic wrote:I have found the new employer and they do have the license but they have to wait for labour market test.
If i will be successfull in that , what would be the next step because they wont be applying visa on my behalf, they are just happy to provide me letter with the required SOC code.
I think it should be straight forward. It will take them 28 days for Labour Market Test then you can apply for Tier 2.

You should use Tier 2 Priority service.This service aims to decide applications within 10 working days from when you submit your application.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... priority/

Once you have your Tier 2 then in October 2013 apply for ILR getting letter from new employer.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:43 pm

acerbic wrote:I have found the new employer and they do have the license but they have to wait for labour market test.

I think it should be straight forward. It will take them 28 days for Labour Market Test then you can apply for Tier 2.

You should use Tier 2 Priority service.This service aims to decide applications within 10 working days from when you submit your application.

More Info : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -priority/

Once you have your Tier 2 then in October 2013 apply for ILR getting letter from new employer.