ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need experts advice

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asdsa
Newly Registered

need experts advice

Post by asdsa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi,

I was in london on student visa and i apply for extention after complition of my cource my apllication was rejected on grounds of academic progression and home office takes 4 months to take decision.

my visa expires on 31st jan 2012 and i got my passport back after 4 months my question is this counts as overstay i am applying again from home country what are chances of visa

please advice me.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:46 pm

what date is shown on refusal letter and when did you receive it?
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Deviser

Re: need experts advice

Post by Deviser » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:18 am

asdsa wrote:Hi,

I was in london on student visa and i apply for extention after complition of my cource my apllication was rejected on grounds of academic progression and home office takes 4 months to take decision.

my visa expires on 31st jan 2012 and i got my passport back after 4 months my question is this counts as overstay i am applying again from home country what are chances of visa

please advice me.
Academic Progression rule is same either you apply in-country or from home country. So I think, if in-country application has been refused on AP, there is no chance you will get visa from home country. UKBA/HO will refuse you on same grounds and you will just waste your money on visa fee, CAS deposits/Admin Fee of Sponsor and other expense.

asdsa
Newly Registered

Post by asdsa » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:27 pm

befor i completed level 7 diploma Now i am applying for masters higher level

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:52 pm

asdsa wrote:befor i completed level 7 diploma Now i am applying for masters higher level
You should appeal inside the country than applying again from outside. It can be argued as academic progression because postgraduate diploma level 7 such as EDEXCEL leads to masters e.g diploma in business studies leading to MBA.
REGARDS

asdsa
Newly Registered

Post by asdsa » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:02 pm

I completed my level 7 then i apply for level 5 i was rejected in country i dont want to appeal then i come back to home country now applying for mba to university i was overstay 4 months coz of my passport with home office once i got my passport i return back very next day
advice me on my case

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:26 pm

You should write the post clearly. If it was level 5 then refusal decision is correct.
REGARDS