ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi guys,

just adding to the good news. Lol i didnt get indefinite leave but i did get my FLR(O) granted for 2.5 years today. BRP and documents all came in one swoop. i applied under private life and got granted under the fact ive lived here half my life and under 25. heres a quick timeline.

Applied: 13th Nov 12
acknowledged/money taken: Late Nov
Biometrics letter : 2nd March 13(when letter was dated)
Biometrics complete: 14th March 13
MP contacted: mid jun
Documents returned: 10 Jul 13th (granted on 8th jul)

Looks like they're finally really going through the backlog, guess i was also lucky with the caseworker. Good luck to everyone else and their applications. I will pray hard for your success

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:34 pm

egoneo wrote:Hi guys,

just adding to the good news. Lol i didnt get indefinite leave but i did get my FLR(O) granted for 2.5 years today. BRP and documents all came in one swoop. i applied under private life and got granted under the fact ive lived here half my life and under 25. heres a quick timeline.

Looks like they're finally really going through the backlog, guess i was also lucky with the caseworker. Good luck to everyone else and their applications. I will pray hard for your success
do you have the initial or the name of the case worker you had your situation seems to be same as mine the timeline seems exactly same too except the fact that i havent got a decision yet but i am also under 25 and also lived more than half life here . did they ask you for more documents or biometrics were the last thing they asked for ?

knowing that you got your decision has given me hope

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi egoneo

Congratulation. you are very lucky. Pray for us to got the highest success. Please share did u had valid status when u applied.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Congrats hun since the start of july I c few pple who done their bio in march is getting answers,hope I'm next in line. Enjoy your freedom.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi shareen24h, my friend just told me one of his friend grant a stay under 7 year child rules, both parents are illegal been here in uk 9 years and 7 and half years old son who born here in uk, they applied first week of august 2012, its a little hope now, very good news indeed, congratulation to them, now our turn, stay positive. I didn't make any enquiry about my application in the home office. We will stay soon. God bless

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:52 pm

CONGRATS EGONEO...... ENJOY YRSELF..... GOOD LUCK WITH D FUTURE

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:54 pm

@SANNY26 SAME THOT ..I DID MINE IN MARCH ON D 16TH ......WE ARE NEXT TO RECIEVE OUR GOODNEWS NEWS

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hi shareen24h, my friend just told me one of his friend grant a stay under 7 year child rules, both parents are illegal been here in uk 9 years and 7 and half years old son who born here in uk, they applied first week of august 2012, its a little hope now, very good news indeed, congratulation to them, now our turn, stay positive. I didn't make any enquiry about my application in the home office. We will stay soon. God bless

how old does the person has to be to be classified as child? is it under 18 only.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:02 pm

@ali90 yes under 18

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@ali90 yes under 18
oh i am 22 now so sadly i wont come under that even tho i been living here all my life except 3 years

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Congratulations hun! Enjoy your freedom!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:10 pm

@ali90 you have good chance under private life (in between 18 and 25 years old) half a life in uk.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hi shareen24h, my friend just told me one of his friend grant a stay under 7 year child rules, both parents are illegal been here in uk 9 years and 7 and half years old son who born here in uk, they applied first week of august 2012, its a little hope now, very good news indeed, congratulation to them, now our turn, stay positive. I didn't make any enquiry about my application in the home office. We will stay soon. God bless
shondra is that another person you know is granted or you talking about the same one?
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@ali90 you have good chance under private life (in between 18 and 25 years old) half a life in uk.
yes we applied under that category last year. and the fact that i am british born should help aswell

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:13 pm

@summer2013 which same person you talking about, its today someone granted under 7 year child rules.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:17 pm

verbina wrote:

Congrats egoneo enjoy the peace of mind. My prayer for everyone on this forum is that they will be all be granted by the end of summer as the UKBA has said!
We are all victors and definitely victorious over UKBA!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:19 pm

Time503 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Congrats egoneo enjoy the peace of mind. My prayer for everyone on this forum is that they will be all be granted by the end of summer as the UKBA has said!
We are all victors and definitely victorious over UKBA!!!
Thank you very much for kind words and for finding time to stop by here! :D
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:22 pm

If one is granted Discretionary Leave to Remain 2.5yrs, what are the entitlements/rights of the person?
Ale001

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:38 pm

ali90 wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:@ali90 you have good chance under private life (in between 18 and 25 years old) half a life in uk.
yes we applied under that category last year. and the fact that i am british born should help aswell
I just have a feeling they gona grant you indefinate leave to remain reason is u was born here. Just hope u can get some money together in the future and sort out your british citizenship because your entitle to it..

Its a shame you didn't know about the T form because instead of paying the flr o fee u could have take that money to do the british citizenship. They have to grant you though. Your case is what u called strong. :)

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 pm

ali90 wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:@ali90 yes under 18
oh i am 22 now so sadly i wont come under that even tho i been living here all my life except 3 years
You will there is also 25 and under so you will be granted
Godgives

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:44 pm

sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:
I just have a feeling they gona grant you indefinate leave to remain reason is u was born here. Just hope u can get some money together in the future and sort out your british citizenship because your entitle to it..

Its a shame you didn't know about the T form because instead of paying the flr o fee u could have take that money to do the british citizenship. They have to grant you though. Your case is what u called strong. :)
well i hope what you saying comes true but knowing UKBA you can never be excited unless you can see the paper in your hand. and yeah as soon as i get my status i will work hard and get my british citizenship aswell. i could have applied in past but because of lawyers been greedy about money they never told us and they just kept delaying it. hopefully my case worker wakes up in a good mood and give me indefinite and with UKBA no case is strong lol like other day someone on here got refused and was told that they have strongs link in india when they werent even indian :?

and i also hope that you get your application sorted asap so you can go on your holidays

tinapalak

flro application

Post by tinapalak » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi,guys my friend just called me and told me about her good news .they got there 3 year extension today .they applied in 24 Sep 2012 done bio in 18 march and granted 3 years leave today.so i m very happy for them and praying for good news for all of us .

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi Shondra Sharma
Thank you update. Me & ur timeline and situation almost same. Hope we will have a good news. See another guys age U-25 and above 18 got the status. Like ur child my son asked me why we are not going any where. It hit my hearts but can`t explain.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:20 pm

GodGives wrote:After 15months my application has been refused. I am yet to see the reasons of refusal
Oh My gosh!

Sorry to hear keep fighting on.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:42 pm

seems like people who done biometric in march are getting a good decision