ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bsc from Oxford Brookes Uni. for FLR English Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uchmando1
Newly Registered

Bsc from Oxford Brookes Uni. for FLR English Requirement

Post by uchmando1 » Sun May 06, 2007 8:18 pm

Dear Comrades,
I am due to submit my application for the almighty HSMP FLR very soon and need your assistance to clarify my qualification for the English Language requirement.
I have a B.Sc. in Aplied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University and intend to obtain a letter from the University for the English Language requirement as specified in the guidance note.
However, my course was completed through distance leaning program in conjuction with ACCA. I already have my certificate from the Brookes University.
Can someone advise me if this (distance learning) will or will not meet the English Language requirement.

Many thanks in advance for your response(s).

CHINN

Post by CHINN » Mon May 07, 2007 8:16 am

Hi,
1st you need to check with NARIC that the degree you have completed is atleast equivalent to a UK bachelors for you get the english language requirement accepted if not the HO would refuse your application.
Chinn

uchmando1
Newly Registered

Post by uchmando1 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:23 am

Hi Chinn,
Thanks for your response. I can confirm that the Oxford Brookes University is equivalent to every UK Degree. That I am very sure of.
My only worries is whether the Home Office will say it was not a full time course.

I will very much appreciate responses from moderators as well.

Many thanks.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Mon May 07, 2007 12:45 pm

Hi,
To the best of my knowledge, H.O verifies your qualifications from NARIC database. If you can afford 850 quid and if you are an organisation you can buy such a database from NARIC.

After submiting our qulaifications, H.O simply search for comaparibility in that datbase. It does not contact anyone including NARIC.Thats why so many people got accepted eventhough thy did not provide letter from NARIC.
I have seen specific case, where one guy got rejected because of missing his qulaifications in databse.( i mean he applied to NARIC for comparibility, they sent a reply saying that your qualifiction is not yet included in our datbase, but we are waiting for decision from higher education in your country to add into our database, so that at this moment we cant evaluate your degree). But this guy applied to H.O without mentioning anything about his NARIC story, H.O rejected stating that there is no such degree in NARIC databse.

The whole moral of the story,is that if your degree is recognised by NARIC, then you are okay otherwise you are in trouble. And about part time qulifications--it does not matter how you earned your degree,but you must be sure its in NARIC database.

If you already done yor NARIC, i can say you can proceed without any hesitation. If not, you are simply risking your application fee and have to wait anxiously for that whole process period. If you are lucky and your degree is included in NARIC you are IN otherwise you see dissoppointment. Why not spend 40 quid with NARIC and get an insurance policy for piece of mind .

Thanks

uchmando1
Newly Registered

Post by uchmando1 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:16 pm

Hi suresh-hsmp,
Many thanks for taking time to put forward that response. I do perfectly understand the moral of your message, and that subtantiates what Chinn said earlier.
I honestly thought that since my degree is from a UK University (Oxford Brookes University for that matter) I wouldn't need any NARIC confirmation. But since you guys have told me otherwise, I will go for the NARIC verification to be on the safe side.

Many thanks once again for your opinion.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Mon May 07, 2007 9:10 pm

Hi,
If I am not wrong, you might have claimed points for your degree when you made your intial application.I am sorry i was mistaken your case and missed your whole point of FLR.

Finally, if you got points for your degree earlier, then you are perfectly okay, becoz H.o Already verified during intial application.And coming to english language certificate, yes you can use a letter from awarding body.
Please follow instructions from guidance about the wording.

My sincere apologies if you are going for NARIC becoz of my suggestion, i thought its intial application.

Thanks