ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keepsim

naturalisation after ILR

Post by keepsim » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Hello

It might be a repeat question or let me say stupid question but somehow I fail to get to the bottom of it , after someone get ILR where does ukba website says one needs to wait for 12 months ?

from ukba site
{You must be free from immigration time restrictions when you apply for naturalisation. Unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the residential qualifying period}

So I not married to British citizen but this line you should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the residential qualifying period If you are free from immigration time restrictions, there will probably be a stamp or sticker in your passport saying that you have indefinite leave to enter or remain or no time limit on your stay havent we got ILR card so are not we free from immigration time.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:11 pm

ILR used to be issued in the passport, now it is issued on a BRP, so you are still free from immigration control and need to be for the full 12 months before you can apply for naturalisation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.