ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Afrocommonwealth

Re: Request for More Documents

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:33 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
akabor wrote:Attn: IntegratedMigrant
I applied under the spouse of Irish National in the last week of Oct-12.
Got confirmation a week later.
Got a letter last week to provide following:
a) Proof of residence (Household bills etc)
b) Proof that i paid my 100 euro traffic fine
c) My children's birth cert (Irish)
d)Proof that am Working
e) Copy of my GNIB card.

All these documents i have sent back to them last week.

Please, can anyone provide explanation to the meaning of this.

Rgds,
This means that a decision will be made in your application in the coming few weeks.

You'll hear about the decision from the INIS in less than 3 months from now presumably.
Afrocommonwealth: Congrats.... seems like Irish spouse applications are being handled in almost 1 year. I know 2 more Irish spouse applications that were handled in almost 1 year.

IntegratedMigrant: Based on my experience of knowing atleast 2 Irish Spouse applications seems like 2-3 months is the right estimate for you to get your application decision.

I myself is Naturalized Irish citizen and my wife is waiting for her citizenship application for the last 10 months now. Just yesterday when I emailed Citizenship dept got the "standard reply" which is "Your application is in a process to establish good character etc etc" So I am also hoping that by end of august or early september my wife should get her application of citizenship decided.
Once again thank you all for your contributions and advise.
Certificate received and ceremony done. Passport application submitte.
Thanks again and much appreciated

malikscompany

Re: Naturalisation Questions

Post by malikscompany » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:02 pm

does anybody know that as a part of Naturalisation application in Ireland do they do background check with UK or other EU countries ??

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation Questions

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:06 pm

malikscompany wrote:does anybody know that as a part of Naturalisation application in Ireland do they do background check with UK or other EU countries ??
I am certain they do bg check with the UK but I dont know for other EU countries. I know however that they will check you background in any country that you indicated that you've committed any serious offence.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:58 am

fahadzik
Newly Registered

Post by fahadzik » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:38 am

hi guys..i have applied for naturalisation in march 2013 ang got application number in april 2013..now i got the second letter in june 2013 telling that i have succeed to the second stage but my question is that when i applied in march i didnt have continuous visa for last one year..here are the details
got ist stamp in novemebr 2007 untill novemebr 2012
and from novemebr 2012 the Department of justice has given me stamps4 for 3 months and for 4 month and with the gap in between that....question is how i have succed to the next stage if i dont have continuous visa prior to the aplication.does this really matter one year continous visa prior to application??.thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:31 pm

fahadzik wrote:hi guys..i have applied for naturalisation in march 2013 ang got application number in april 2013..now i got the second letter in june 2013 telling that i have succeed to the second stage but my question is that when i applied in march i didnt have continuous visa for last one year..here are the details
got ist stamp in novemebr 2007 untill novemebr 2012
and from novemebr 2012 the Department of justice has given me stamps4 for 3 months and for 4 month and with the gap in between that....question is how i have succed to the next stage if i dont have continuous visa prior to the aplication.does this really matter one year continous visa prior to application??.thanks
Did you apply for a Stamp prior to the expiry date of your previous Stamp?

If you think you did not meet the residency requirements, why did you apply in the first place?

Also I dont know how you beat the residency calculator because it should have told you that you did not meet the residency requirements?

Something is not right here.

fahadzik
Newly Registered

Post by fahadzik » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Well bro,,i didnt beat the residency calculator,i checked that but my solicitor told me to apply becoz he told me its very difficult fir you to get LTR AS THEY are already refused me retention of rights and i am on appeal for LTR,,and my solicitor told me becoz of solomon judgement u werr already legal all the time???i got 20 days stamp 4 ,3 months and 4 month stamp4 aftr my 5 years residency which was finished in novemeber 2012,,help me please,,are they goin to go through my docements again or should i feel lucky that my case is in second stage thanks

fahadzik
Newly Registered

Post by fahadzik » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:00 pm

And i did apply 6 months prior to my visa finish which was novemeber 2012 and i have gap 10 days and 15 days in stampa after novemeber 2012 visa thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:12 pm

fahadzik wrote:Well bro,,i didnt beat the residency calculator,i checked that but my solicitor told me to apply becoz he told me its very difficult fir you to get LTR AS THEY are already refused me retention of rights and i am on appeal for LTR,,and my solicitor told me becoz of solomon judgement u werr already legal all the time???i got 20 days stamp 4 ,3 months and 4 month stamp4 aftr my 5 years residency which was finished in novemeber 2012,,help me please,,are they goin to go through my docements again or should i feel lucky that my case is in second stage thanks
Based on your explanation you're through to the second stage!. You are very lucky to have gotten a solicitor because your case is very complicated.

Moving to the second stage means that you passed all the requirements needed to be eligible for application of naturalisation.

You'll be notified of the Ministers decision in about 6 months time.

fahadzik
Newly Registered

Post by fahadzik » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:16 pm

thank you very much for ur help...i got the application number but i am worried i didnt get refernce number..should i b worried..thanks bye and take care

fahadzik
Newly Registered

Post by fahadzik » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:06 pm

and about solicitor dont trust him reallyy...he is telling one thing one day and other thing second day..he took a gamble on my application and he told me its all depend on luck and he had got approval for somebody on similar case b4 and his visa was even expired that time and they didnt ask him..so i applied lets c ..

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:56 am

fahadzik wrote:thank you very much for ur help...i got the application number but i am worried i didnt get refernce number..should i b worried..thanks bye and take care
No you shouldn't be worried at all. Its the case with everybody

pawankr
Newly Registered

naturalisation after ltr

Post by pawankr » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi all

My friend had a long term residency since past two years. Would it make things quicker while applying for naturalization. Or will the waiting time be the same 6 to 8 months like everyone else ?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: naturalisation after ltr

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:44 pm

pawankr wrote:Hi all

My friend had a long term residency since past two years. Would it make things quicker while applying for naturalization. Or will the waiting time be the same 6 to 8 months like everyone else ?
There is no fast-track to citizenship for LTR holders!

saajo
Newly Registered

Post by saajo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:08 am

Though to share this with everyone
Applied for citizenship in March 2012
Ref Letter in April 2012
Emailed Citizenship Department every month from Jan 2013 till july 2013(yesterday). Always had the same automated reply " your application is currently being processed in view to establish etc etc". Even i got this reply yesterday morning and then i checked my letter box and what i found....wallaaaaaa
Letter of approval dated 8th of july 2013.

Also had minor traffic offence i.e 2 penality points.

All I want to say to all, dont worry its all about waiting game. carry on with your life as normal and one day you will be surprised to find the letter of approval shouting from your letter box.

I must thank to all specially "integrated migrant" who is doing a g8 job on this forum. I am sure this lad is naturalized irish citizen but he continued to be on this forum to share his experiences. he hasnt left as most of other did and most of us will do. salute to all who help others.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:33 am

saajo wrote:Though to share this with everyone
Applied for citizenship in March 2012
Ref Letter in April 2012
Emailed Citizenship Department every month from Jan 2013 till july 2013(yesterday). Always had the same automated reply " your application is currently being processed in view to establish etc etc". Even i got this reply yesterday morning and then i checked my letter box and what i found....wallaaaaaa
Letter of approval dated 8th of july 2013.

Also had minor traffic offence i.e 2 penality points.

All I want to say to all, dont worry its all about waiting game. carry on with your life as normal and one day you will be surprised to find the letter of approval shouting from your letter box.

I must thank to all specially "integrated migrant" who is doing a g8 job on this forum. I am sure this lad is naturalized irish citizen but he continued to be on this forum to share his experiences. he hasnt left as most of other did and most of us will do. salute to all who help others.
I can only say that I am delighted to know that the waiting is over for you, you have your life back and soon will be an Irish Citizen, one of us :D , which could be a dream come true.

I am glad that I helped. Best of luck with your future endeavours Saajo.

volverine2
Newly Registered

Post by volverine2 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:55 am

Hello,

As you guys know, we need to return the Stamp4 with 950 euros and photos after getting approval. While we are still waiting to get the citizenship and ceremony, do you know if we can travel back to Ireland without the Stamp 4 card? Is there something else that we can use in the interim?

Thanks much!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:00 am

volverine2 wrote:Hello,

As you guys know, we need to return the Stamp4 with 950 euros and photos after getting approval. While we are still waiting to get the citizenship and ceremony, do you know if we can travel back to Ireland without the Stamp 4 card? Is there something else that we can use in the interim?

Thanks much!
Yes you can, its not a problem.

Also try and take the Letter of Intention to grant citizenship with you just as a proof.

volverine2
Newly Registered

Post by volverine2 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:08 am

Thank you for the quick answer, IntegratedMigrant.

By any chance, do you have a link to an official page that says it is not a problem?

Secondly, is Letter of Intention the letter that I got requesting my Stamp 4, €950, etc.? Or is it a different letter that I need to ask them? If latter, do they issue such a letter easily?

Thanks again.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:55 am

volverine2 wrote:Thank you for the quick answer, IntegratedMigrant.

By any chance, do you have a link to an official page that says it is not a problem?
There is no official page to that. Just do exactly as I said and you'll have no problem!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:56 am

volverine2 wrote:Secondly, is Letter of Intention the letter that I got requesting my Stamp 4, €950, etc.? Or is it a different letter that I need to ask them? If latter, do they issue such a letter easily?
Yes, it is the letter requesting your Stamp 4.

Mary26

Post by Mary26 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Hello everyone!
According to what i see here and on the other forums, lot's of us who applied in the December and late January (2012-2013) got their approvals on the 10th of July (dated:8th of July).
As i also applied in late January 2013 and did not receive approval, i would like to know when would be the next mass release of approvals (approximately)?

p.s. my case is simple, based on 5 years 4 EuFam, currently holding 10years permanent residence card 4 EuFam, no social welfare, no crime convictions, 2 Irish children.

Kind Regards,
Mary

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Mary26 wrote:Hello everyone!
According to what i see here and on the other forums, lot's of us who applied in the December and late January (2012-2013) got their approvals on the 10th of July (dated:8th of July).
As i also applied in late January 2013 and did not receive approval, i would like to know when would be the next mass release of approvals (approximately)?

p.s. my case is simple, based on 5 years 4 EuFam, currently holding 10years permanent residence card 4 EuFam, no social welfare, no crime convictions, 2 Irish children.

Kind Regards,
Mary
No social welfare and 2 Irish children means nothing practically. Although you did not receive any letter, letters will be continued to be sent until the final week of August.

reverse_blade93
Newly Registered

Post by reverse_blade93 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:29 pm

No social welfare and 2 Irish children means nothing practically. Although you did not receive any letter, letters will be continued to be sent until the final week of August.

Good day IntegratedMigrant,

This is one of the reasons why I think posters keep mentioning that they have NO social welfare claims. Thou I thoroughly believed what you said that it doesn't matter.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... ation.html

It mentions:

Self supporting

In general, apart from refugees and stateless persons, applicants for naturalisation must prove they can support themselves and their families while living in Ireland. If you can show that you have not received State support in the 3 years before your application, this will generally meet the Minister for Justice and Equality's requirement that you have been supporting yourself and your dependants and that you will continue to do so.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:47 pm

reverse_blade93 wrote:Good day IntegratedMigrant,

This is one of the reasons why I think posters keep mentioning that they have NO social welfare claims. Thou I thoroughly believed what you said that it doesn't matter.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... ation.html

It mentions:

Self supporting

In general, apart from refugees and stateless persons, applicants for naturalisation must prove they can support themselves and their families while living in Ireland. If you can show that you have not received State support in the 3 years before your application, this will generally meet the Minister for Justice and Equality's requirement that you have been supporting yourself and your dependants and that you will continue to do so.
Yes, I am trying to assure applicants that this is not the case anymore. Not with the current minister as he said that people are entitled to social welfare and refusing their applications over that is simply nonsensical.