ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with visit visa documentation.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jamaicanbreed
Newly Registered

Need help with visit visa documentation.

Post by Jamaicanbreed » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Greetings. I write in hope that some one can sort out my query with great efficiency.

I am a Pakistani National, currently resided in Pakistan. I have been planning on a trip this summer to UK for a week or maybe two. I am of 25 years of age. Professionally, My situation can be described as Self-Employed as I am an owner of properties that generate rent as a source of income & a good amount of acres of land. Unfortunately, most of those are named under my Father. However, There is one certain high end valued property that has My name in the documentation.

My query is, should I file my case as an individual and show enough funds in My bank account or should I sponsor My self via My father? Would that rather not seem dodgy to the ECO. At such an age, being sponsored by My father would be assuming I am going to probably stay.

I would be delighted if someone could suggest a proper channel in order to process this further. Cheers.

God bless.

ban.s

Re: Need help with visit visa documentation.

Post by ban.s » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:58 pm

Jamaicanbreed wrote: I am an owner of properties that generate rent as a source of income & a good amount of acres of land. Unfortunately, most of those are named under my Father.
In that case you can't claim to be the owner of the properties.
Jamaicanbreed wrote:
My query is, should I file my case as an individual and show enough funds in My bank account or should I sponsor My self via My father? Would that rather not seem dodgy to the ECO. At such an age, being sponsored by My father would be assuming I am going to probably stay.
I don't think sponsored by father will seem 'dodgy' but without any strong employment or financial connection with home country, ECO will doubt the purpose of your visit and motivation of returning back.

Jamaicanbreed
Newly Registered

Post by Jamaicanbreed » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:25 pm

How would I be able to show strong financial connection with Home Country? Could I possibly translate the documents of the Agriculture Lands owned by My father & present them with My application? The lands are pretty vast to be honest. I wouldn't have a problem with showing "strong" connections in regard to that. Yes, I am not employed. Would a letter of employment from a cousin's general trade company do any good?

Secondly, in such a trip where My father would sponsor me I would most likely have to show my Father's bank a/c's only? or do I have to show any of my own. Apparently, as sad as this may sound. I have no account of My own.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:11 am

Jamaicanbreed wrote:How would I be able to show strong financial connection with Home Country? Could I possibly translate the documents of the Agriculture Lands owned by My father & present them with My application? The lands are pretty vast to be honest. I wouldn't have a problem with showing "strong" connections in regard to that. Yes, I am not employed. Would a letter of employment from a cousin's general trade company do any good?

Secondly, in such a trip where My father would sponsor me I would most likely have to show my Father's bank a/c's only? or do I have to show any of my own. Apparently, as sad as this may sound. I have no account of My own.
Since we've been directed to come to this thread, I'll restate my questions here:

1. Is your father in the UK? (If yes, on what status?)
2. What is the purpose of your visit?
3. Have you ever traveled outside of your home country before?

It's not strong financial connection to your home country that is important. It is strong family/community/professional connection to your home country. It must be obvious to the Home Office that whatever your reason for visiting is, it is truly that reason, and that you truly have a vested personal interest and necessity to leave when you say you will.

It is worrisome that you have not stated in either of your threads the reason for your visit. This is critically important information for us to be able to give you advice, and for the Home Office to even begin to make a decision. It's on that basis, and your supporting evidence, that any grant of entry will be allowed.

Jamaicanbreed
Newly Registered

Post by Jamaicanbreed » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Thank you for your reply.

To begin with answering your questions.

1) No my Father is not in the UK, what I meant by Him sponsoring me is from Pakistan, for a trip to the UK.

2) To be honest, the purpose of my visit is see London. It has been an insatiable desire since long, secondly I'm a football fanatic & a huge supporter of Manchester United. I want to visit Old Trafford.

3)Yes I have, I worked in Dubai for a good 3 years before coming to Pakistan again. I am financially sound, so is my family. I worked at my own work place in Dubai (which is handled by my elder brother) but for some personal reasons I had to come back to Pakistan.

That is there is to it really.

P.S To make it clear again, I want my Father to sponsor me from Pakistan not from UK, We're both here.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 am

Jamaicanbreed wrote:Thank you for your reply.

To begin with answering your questions.

1) No my Father is not in the UK, what I meant by Him sponsoring me is from Pakistan, for a trip to the UK.

2) To be honest, the purpose of my visit is see London. It has been an insatiable desire since long, secondly I'm a football fanatic & a huge supporter of Manchester United. I want to visit Old Trafford.

3)Yes I have, I worked in Dubai for a good 3 years before coming to Pakistan again. I am financially sound, so is my family. I worked at my own work place in Dubai (which is handled by my elder brother) but for some personal reasons I had to come back to Pakistan.

That is there is to it really.

P.S To make it clear again, I want my Father to sponsor me from Pakistan not from UK, We're both here.
Your biggest problem is that you lack professional ties. Honestly, not holding job for several years is a biggie, and probably insurmountable. I'm not sure how you deal with this one from the information you posted. You said you ran errands for your dad. Did he ever give you any regular sums of money for these errands? Would he be willing to attest to this in writing? Did you ever make any regular deposits into a bank account? Understand, it is not necessarily financial soundness, though that is very important (obviously if you've a couple of million pounds spread across a few personal bank accounts, you are low risk of being a burden to the UK or taking away a job from a 'local'), as much as it is professional connection to your home country. You must demonstrate to the Home Office that you will come out financially negative if you overstay, or it will otherwise negatively affect you professionally. This is vague, and not even always the case for some travelers, even with a similar background. Sorry about that.

If you genuinely want to see London and are a big Manchester United fan, I recommend buying tickets to a game and scheduling a trip around that. You can also buy tickets online to some of the more touristy spots in London (such as the tower of London), and I think, though I'm not sure, you can even purchase tickets to a bus tour. It would be critical that you book your stay at some reasonably priced hotel that requires a deposit, and if possible pre-pay for your room(s). Do this for both your London and Manchester stays. Be absolutely certain your plane tickets are round trip and that you pay for them. Print up an itinerary, especially of what you plan to see in London. Since, you will be out Manchester way for basically just one game, I recommend scheduling a trip out to Blackpool or, if you are into more natural scenery and beauty, The Lake District. These investments into your journey demonstrate the sincerity of what you just posted as your reason for coming.

As far as family is concerned, it sure would help if you were married with children in school, and a wife who was working. You aren't, but I mention this to give an idea of the kind of connection the Home Office would be looking for. I assume your stay in Dubai was entirely legal? This a big positive in your favor. You said you had to come back to Pakistan for personal reasons. You don't have to post that reason here and I'm not asking. But would you be willing to share that with Home Office (or Border Agency) if it is relevant? What they are looking for is a strong familial/personal connection drawing you back to your home country.

Do you hold any voluntary position with a local charity or religious group? The higher level (i.e. the more they depend on you) the better. Do you have any friends or family in the UK, especially those who would be willing to vouch for you?

Wish I could give you more concrete step-by-step process, but there just isn't one for a visit visa. It would help if you could obviously and entirely sponsor yourself, and had that ability for some time. On the face of things I think it unlikely that you will get a visit visa to the UK. In some years, as you establish a career, maybe a family, your own financial standing such that you need no sponsorship, that trip to see Man U will become a lot more plausible. Perhaps some others here can give you more firm advice.

Jamaicanbreed
Newly Registered

Post by Jamaicanbreed » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Thank you so much Ouflak1 for giving such an in depth response. Means alot.

I do not mind writing to you the reason for Me coming back to Pakistan. In our society things work a bit differently & I shall explain accordingly. My Father doesn't pay me much besides the basic really which is probably pretty low if you convert it into pounds. I came back from Dubai (even though I was working there at My own Father's company as a Sales Representative) and My Elder brother administrates that workplace now so My Father has shifted to Pakistan. To assist him and being a helping hand in the vast agriculture lands, and properties lent out on rent was the reason of My move back to Pakistan.

My stay in Dubai was ofcourse entirely legal as I had a Residency visa and My sponsor was My Fathers company that I worked for as "Sales Representative".

I do not hold any position in a voluntary group. I was wondering, does a recent employment sound rather dodgy? I have not been previously employed but I could start work soon. Maybe this week or so.

My bank A/c has been previously used before for transactions by My father Not in recent times though, been 4-5 months.

I hope that information is vital enough for your further feedback, any more queries will be answered gladly.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:25 am

Jamaicanbreed wrote: I was wondering, does a recent employment sound rather dodgy? I have not been previously employed but I could start work soon. Maybe this week or so.

My bank A/c has been previously used before for transactions by My father Not in recent times though, been 4-5 months.
Well Manchester United is not moving grounds outside of the UK anytime soon and London should still continue to exist as it has for centuries. Would you be willing to take the next 2-3 years to build up your resume and funds to make a visit visa more possible? Is there a rush?

It's not that recent employment sounds 'dodgy'. It's just that it is likely to be dismissed as convincing proof that you will return when you say you will. A career based on significant qualifications or a job that you've been at 3+ years, maybe gotten a promotion or two, are perhaps paying a mortgage out of. That is the kind of thing nobody would be willing to give up easily no matter what country they are visiting from. That's the kind of background the UK likes to see in a visitor, especially a visitor from Pakistan/India/Africa.

What exactly did you have in mind for your visit? Did you have an itinerary in mind? How long did you want to visit for? You said your father would sponsor you, but who's actually paying for the trip? Can you demonstrate that you have these funds available to you at a moment's notice? (a bank account that hasn't been touched in 4-5 months demonstrates the opposite). I'm not asking cause I want to know (I don't). These are the kind of questions the UK Home Office and/or Border Agency will want to, and deserve to, know the answers to.

I recommend you take a considerably more long term approach to visiting the UK.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:14 am

also see the below thread

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=138057

someone of similar age and background, also employed and sponsored by parents+ BiL but still got refused because of lack of perceived strong ties with the home country.

each application is decided on its own merit but whatever you have said so far, in current circumtances, your chance of success is almost nil.

Jamaicanbreed
Newly Registered

Post by Jamaicanbreed » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Yes, there's a rush. I want to visit My girlfriend whose in Scotland at the moment on a visitors visa as well, but She'll be staying there for long, till Dec. or so and I am dying to meet her.

I want to visit for a week or two max. Yes, My father would sponsor My trip and He'll be paying for the trip. Remind you, his account is very much active unlike mine. Mine has not had a proper transaction in 4-5 months. I could transfer a suitable amount from My father's account to My account in order to show evidence that I have funds directly available to me as well. I earlier stated I even have a plot on my ownership. It's of high value. Not that I intend on selling it but to show that I have some asset on My name behind in my Home country that I am unwilling to leave. It's worth around 200,000 Pounds.

I do not mind you asking me anything if that helps assists you into suggesting me what to do ahead.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Jamaicanbreed wrote:
Jamaicanbreed wrote:Yes, there's a rush. I want to visit My girlfriend whose in Scotland at the moment on a visitors visa as well, but She'll be staying there for long, till Dec. or so and I am dying to meet her.
I want to visit for a week or two max.
From London to Scotland, from ManU to girl friend.!!!!
Atleast try to prepare nice consistent story before you apply. Why should people help you when you are not providing genuine and honest information?

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:37 am

*double post*
Last edited by ouflak1 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:40 am

ouflak wrote:Do you have any friends or family in the UK, especially those who would be willing to vouch for you?
Jamaicanbreed wrote:... My girlfriend whose in Scotland....
Well I guess that answers that question!

Ok, let's back the truck up a bit and start again. Obviously the previous information that we've asked for and that you've given concerning employment, family and finances is still relevant, but this is a very different wrinkle on the situation. The ensuing questions might seem personal, and frankly they are, but I guarantee you will be asked questions identical to these or of this nature if you really want to try to visit your girlfriend in Scotland.

What is her nationality? You said she's in Scotland to visit; what is the purpose of her visit and when did she arrive in Scotland? Does she have resources enough to support you if needed (not directly as a visitor certainly cannot sponsor anyone, but perhaps through family she is staying with)? When she leaves in December, where will she go then? Have you physically met in person before? Whether yes or no, how did you meet? How long have you known each other? Have you ever lived together? Have you ever, and I mean *ever*, now or in the past, talked about getting married? Where will you stay in Scotland? Does her sponsor know you want to visit her (You can expect that you will be asked for contact details for her and her sponsor, and likewise expect the Home office/Border Agency to verify everything you say to them and further dig into the financial support)?

*sigh* That's the basics I can come up with off the top of my head. I can you tell that my, and others here, prognosis hasn't changed. It still seems highly unlikely that you get a visa with your background.

About this 'high value property' you persistently mention and seem to have failed to notice is similarly persistently ignored by those of us responding: If the property was generating income that was going directly into your bank account on a regular basis; If the property's value directly depended on your hands-on, required-presence attention to it to retain its value, and you were clearly performing those actions as needed; If the ownership and value of the property was the direct result of a personal investment on your own part (as opposed to say... being inherited) THEN it would/could be taken as evidence that you won't overstay your visit. From the information you've given, none of this true. The property's value seems to be intrinsic whether you are in Dubai, the UK, or Pakistan, and doesn't even require your existence at all to retain that value and, as your bank account activity demonstrates, you receive no income from it.

Jamaicanbreed
Newly Registered

Post by Jamaicanbreed » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Is it necessary that I have to write that I want to visit the UK to see My girlfriend?

She's gone from Pakistan as well and is a Pakistani national. She's on a visit visa and will probably be coming back by Dec or so. Her purpose of travel was to visit her Sister & also give a medical exam She recently appeared for. She will come back to Pakistan after her stay is over most likely or She could extend it. Yes, We've physically met before. I've been in a relationship with her since 5 years. I will most likely stay in a Hotel or so in Scotland.

The property is not an income generating property. It's more like a Residential plot, if I ever want to build a home on it. I do not see the reason why such a plot should generate income. Yes It is a result of investment on My part and NOT inherited.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:36 am

Jamaicanbreed wrote:Is it necessary that I have to write that I want to visit the UK to see My girlfriend?
Strictly speaking, no. But don't lie if they directly ask. Never lie. That's just a recipe for disaster. However if you say you are here as tourist off to see some sites, then this needs to be blatantly obvious, and your investment into actually being a tourist must be significant, and even incur some loss on your part if you don't show up to the places you say you will visit. You need to to a have a real reason for visiting the UK short term and it needs to demonstrably real to the Home Office/Border Agency.
Jamaicanbreed wrote:She's gone from Pakistan as well and is a Pakistani national. She's on a visit visa and will probably be coming back by Dec or so. Her purpose of travel was to visit her Sister & also give a medical exam She recently appeared for. She will come back to Pakistan after her stay is over most likely or She could extend it. Yes, We've physically met before. I've been in a relationship with her since 5 years. I will most likely stay in a Hotel or so in Scotland.
I want to reiterate, you don't have to answer any questions you don't feel comfortable answering here on this public forum. It's entirely understandable. I'm assuming the reason you have not answered the other pertinent questions is because you don't want to, which is absolutely fine. Just be mentally prepared to answer those when asked at a visa interview, because they almost certainly will be asked once the girlfriend factoid is revealed. And they are probably going to ask a few other questions which you don't think (rightfully in my opinion) is any of their business.

She is on a family visit visa? When did she enter the UK (sorry to repeat this, but it's a rather bit of vital information if she is the reason your visiting)? What would her reasons for extending be? Would her sister be able to act as a sponsor?

The fact that you have known her for so long is a good thing. Can you show this length of relationship with evidence (photos, correspondence, etc...)? The fact that she is here temporarily also works your favor. Presumably, if she goes back to Pakistan, you're going to want to be there with her.
Jamaicanbreed wrote:I do not see the reason why such a plot should generate income.

Try not to take this personally. The UKBA doesn't care whether your particular asset(s) is a plot of land, patents on some software app, or shares of stock in an asteroid mining company, or all of the above. What they want to see is:
  • * Income to such an extent that you would never need to draw from public resources or work in the UK to support yourself.

* Something that requires your professional/physical presence in order to maintain its value and/or your professional credibility, thus drawing you back to your home country
It's a positive that you invested into this asset yourself. But from everything you've stated and restated, this land generates no income, nor does it require your constant presence to maintain its value. In my opinion (perhaps others will say different, which is fine), you should consider the plot of land irrelevant to your visa application unless you've got another surprise-surprise bit of information about your query which radically changes the nature of this journey.

Overall my opinion on your chances hasn't changed. But if you really want to go forward with this, then I suggest you stress the temporary nature of your visit, that it is strictly here to see your long-term girlfriend, who herself is in the UK only temporarily, and to perhaps to take in a few sites in beautiful Scotland while you both have the chance. Reserve your hotel stay with a deposit. Get her sister to be be an emergency sponsor if needed (a signed written letter stating this). Tell the truth always. Book a trip to see Loch Ness (online, pre-paid). Even if you don't get to see the monster that lives in the lake, it's worth it.

Jamaicanbreed
Newly Registered

Post by Jamaicanbreed » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:00 pm

The main problem is I cannot involve My girlfriend directly because Her family is not aware of Our relationship. Get that bit?

We're from Pakistan. It does not work that way here. I do not know where You are from. Anyways, I thank you for all your assistance in this case. I shall go with fate and see if I can possibly work something around this. You never know really because this thread is taking a rather unwanted diversion. I started it out with the intention of My father sponsoring my trip from Pakistan and look where we've come. If you can still suggest a way, I'd be glad.

Thanks.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:34 am

Jamaicanbreed wrote:The main problem is I cannot involve My girlfriend directly because Her family is not aware of Our relationship. Get that bit?

...because this thread is taking a rather unwanted diversion.
Actually that 'bit' was a rather key bit of information to be 'gotten'. And assuming that we now have all of the facts straight, it is more accurate to say that this thread now finally contains the details that really needed to be stated in the original first post of this thread.
Jamaicanbreed wrote:We're from Pakistan. It does not work that way here. I do not know where You are from.

I would be willing to bet a nice sum of money that the plurality of people, some of them expertly knowledgeable of UK immigration, who have viewed and kept of with this thread are from India/Pakistan. And, sideswipes at other people's cultures aside, let's keep in mind that for something that supposedly doesn't work that way where you are from, you've managed to work it that way for 5 years.

Anyway, I'm afraid that your chances, already very slim, are pretty much non-existent now. You're caught in a bit of a catch-22. You can't lie during a visa application interview. Once the girlfriend information comes out, if you haven't made that the basis for your application (which you can't for good reason), then the Home Office/Border Agency will immediately get it into their heads that you were trying deceive them about your intentions, even if you weren't. The fact that you won't share with them your girlfriend's details, or her sponsor's details, no matter how valid the excuse, will send them further down along that way of thinking and your visa will be denied, if it even gets that far, which it most likely won't.

I don't really see a way through. Maybe others can suggest otherwise. Good luck.