ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR(Tier-1G Route) Success at Croydon PEO- No absence Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satzhsmp
Newly Registered

ILR(Tier-1G Route) Success at Croydon PEO- No absence Letter

Post by satzhsmp » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:44 pm

It’s a fast track ILR service @ Croydon PEO. With the recent change to the way how VISA process is handled @ Croydon, the process is very effective & helpful to applicants…
Timeline:- Appointment at 9:15, reached Croydon office @ 8:45,
(1) Security check,
(2) Quick application check & token number will be issued to you.(Note:- Keep this token number safe, this will be your reference until you get decision)
(3) Payment,
(4) Case registration :-
a. Supporting documents along with application & passport should be handed to person dealing with case registration.
b. Case will be registered on the system & all supporting documents along with application form & passport will be bundled & will be handed over to you to submit after biometric
(5) Biometric registration & submission of documents to person doing biometric registration.
(6) Now sit back & relax in cafeteria with your case token number moving from
(1) Awaiting Biometric Verification
(2) Awaiting Consideration
(3) Under Consideration
(4) Ready for Collection
All the above process will be displayed on the system with your token number moving to each stage

I had absence of 144days for 5years period. 34 days(Waiting period before start with new employer) & other absences were all annual leave (First 2 years with employer & the next 3years with my LTD company). No documents regarding the absence were submitted & also I did not tick any option in section 6.3.

Documents submitted
(1) Set(O) Application form
(2) Passports & Biometric card
(3) Passport photo’s
(4) Main Covering Letter
(5) Cover letter for Previous Earnings
(6) Absence Sheet in Excel
(7) Life in UK test Certificate
(8) Child Birth Certificate

Income Related documents submitted(I have LTD company hence submitted below docs)
1. Payslips
2. Personal Bank statements
3. Dividend Vouchers
4. Business Bank Statements
5. Accountant Income Letter detailing payments made
6. Accountant’s FCCA certificate
7. Company Incorporation Certificate
8. Company Accounts (Interim Accounts :- unaudited)
9. Invoices
10. P60’s (5Years)

Co-habitation document
1. Marriage Certificate
Other documents Covering 2years period
In Joint Names
2. Tenancy Agreements
3. Joint Bank Statement
On Single name for Main applicant
4. Council Bill
5. Personal Bank Statements
6. NHS Letter confirmation of GP registration.
7. TV Licence
On Single name for Dependant applicant
11. Personal Bank Statement
12. British Gas
13. British Electricity
14. NI Confirmation Letter
15. NHS Letter confirmation of GP registration.

Whole process took just 1hours 45mins, appointment @ 9:15, got approval letter @ 11. If you have any queries let me know.

good_careful
Newly Registered

Re: ILR(Tier-1G Route) Success at Croydon PEO- No absence Le

Post by good_careful » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:33 am

satzhsmp wrote:It’s a fast track ILR service @ Croydon PEO. With the recent change to the way how VISA process is handled @ Croydon, the process is very effective & helpful to applicants…
(1) Security check,
(2) Quick application check & token number will be issued to you.(Note:- Keep this token number safe, this will be your reference until you get decision)
(3) Payment,
a. Supporting documents along with application & passport should be handed to person dealing with case registration.
b. Case will be registered on the system & all supporting documents along with application form & passport will be bundled & will be handed over to you to submit after biometric
(5) Biometric registration & submission of documents to person doing biometric registration.
(3) Under Consideration
(4) Ready for Collection
All the above process will be displayed on the system with your token number moving to each stage

I had absence of 144days for 5years period. 34 days(Waiting period before start with new employer) & other absences were all annual leave (First 2 years with employer & the next 3years with my LTD company). No documents regarding the absence were submitted & also I did not tick any option in section 6.3.

Documents submitted
(3) Passport photo’s
(4) Main Covering Letter

Income Related documents submitted(I have LTD company hence submitted below docs)
1. Payslips
3. Dividend Vouchers
9. Invoices
10. P60’s (5Years)

Co-habitation document
1. Marriage Certificate
In Joint Names
2. Tenancy Agreements
3. Joint Bank Statement
4. Council Bill
7. TV Licence
12. British Gas
13. British Electricity

Whole process took just 1hours 45mins, appointment @ 9:15, got approval letter @ 11. If you have any queries let me know.
hi, are you T1(G) APPLY TO ILR?
I have 1 question, about absence UK. I have total 113days away in 5 years. like you case I have 42 days waiting new emoplyer.get visa 07/2008, but left 01/2008, come back 03/2009. after away all annual paid.
have you prepare the emoplyer letter confirm all away paid leave. and what about the waiting days. also have you fill secstion 6.2, each date away. and what reason you put each absense.

thanks.

satzhsmp
Newly Registered

Post by satzhsmp » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi,

Yes I applied for ILR via Tier-1(General) route.

Were you in UK when you got Tier-1 visa in 07/2008. When did you go away from UK?

You have to fill each & every absences in section 6.2. For the waiting period you can give the reason as "Waiting to start with new employer" & for other absences you can say Annual Leave (Family Visit)... I mentioned the above reasons in my application...

Since your absences are just 113days I don't think so you will require an employer absence letter...I had 144days & got ILR without absence letter or personal letter. May be to be on a safer side prepare personal letter detailing all the absences with reasons but submit only when asked...

Hope this helps

Cheers

good_careful
Newly Registered

Post by good_careful » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:05 pm

satzhsmp wrote:Hi,

Yes I applied for ILR via Tier-1(General) route.

Were you in UK when you got Tier-1 visa in 07/2008. When did you go away from UK?

You have to fill each & every absences in section 6.2. For the waiting period you can give the reason as "Waiting to start with new employer" & for other absences you can say Annual Leave (Family Visit)... I mentioned the above reasons in my application...

Since your absences are just 113days I don't think so you will require an employer absence letter...I had 144days & got ILR without absence letter or personal letter. May be to be on a safer side prepare personal letter detailing all the absences with reasons but submit only when asked...

Hope this helps

Cheers
thanks reply, when I get T1, I were in UK, the first away is end of january 2009, come back begaining of march 2009, about 42 days. so I will mention the reason on application. but just in case make personal letter on side. most people absence under 180days, not proof . if over they proof the letter.
hope this working, I apply on Croydon as well. :)

good_careful
Newly Registered

Post by good_careful » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:07 pm

and will leave blank 6.3, like you done. :)

drdh4
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by drdh4 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 am

Hey congrats..

I have a slight worry regarding my ILR this October. Had my T1 (G) extension in 2010 & scored 80 points. When I checked my points now it's only 75 points I can claim due to reduction of hours.

According to guidance notes I just need to full fill 75 points to apply for ILR. Heard some stories that I need to show the same amount of points as last time (extension)

How about yours?

satzhsmp
Newly Registered

Post by satzhsmp » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:19 pm

good_careful, you should be fine since your absences are well within limit

drdh, I showed same points in ILR as in my previous Tier-1 grant...As per the guidelines you should be fine to show 75 points if your minimum qualifying points was 75 when granted your previous Tier-1. I don't think they will query you regarding points if you qualify now with minimum points...May be take "points-based assessment" printout with you to prove you qualify for ILR...you can submit this document along with your supporting documents. Point based calculator link to access point for ILR "[url]http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator[/url]"

Hope this helps

db_23
Newly Registered

Post by db_23 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:04 pm

satzhsmp wrote:It’s a fast track ILR service @ Croydon PEO. With the recent change to the way how VISA process is handled @ Croydon, the process is very effective & helpful to applicants…
(1) Security check,
(3) Payment,
(3) Under Consideration
(4) Ready for Collection

Documents submitted
(3) Passport photo’s
(4) Main Covering Letter

1. Payslips
3. Dividend Vouchers
9. Invoices
10. P60’s (5Years)

Co-habitation document
1. Marriage Certificate
In Joint Names
2. Tenancy Agreements
3. Joint Bank Statement
4. Council Bill
7. TV Licence
12. British Gas
13. British Electricity

Congratulations! Well done.
By any chance your application was within the "28 days rule"? if yes, then what is the start date of your ILR?

raj3113
Newly Registered

Post by raj3113 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:49 pm

(1) Security check,
(3) Payment,
(3) Under Consideration
(4) Ready for Collection

Documents submitted
(3) Passport photo’s
(4) Main Covering Letter

1. Payslips
3. Dividend Vouchers
9. Invoices
10. P60’s (5Years)

Co-habitation document
1. Marriage Certificate
In Joint Names
2. Tenancy Agreements
3. Joint Bank Statement
4. Council Bill
7. TV Licence
12. British Gas
13. British Electricity

Thanks for this info. I also have an appointment in person at PEO, Croydon in 5 days and was getting worried on the employer letter for absence.

I had switched to Tier 1 (General) from Work permit and my days outside UK are less than 180 however I had confusion around the mandatory requirement around the employer letter. It looks like we don't need one. right?
Could you also guide on the absence Excel format you used - was it similar to the table in the set(o)?

Regards,
Raj

Rahul1977

Post by Rahul1977 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:25 pm

@raj3113 - Was there any interaction with Case worker at PEO office.

Did you submit all the Cohab documents or some?

satzhsmp
Newly Registered

Post by satzhsmp » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:50 am

Raj,
Yes prepare absence excel format similar to table in the Set(O) form. Also, better to be prepared with personal absence letter for your absences from UK when on Tier-1. Since you switched from WP to Tier-1 its better you have proof of paid absences you took during your WP visa. May be carry payslips to show proof that you were paid during your absences if you don’t have absence letter from employer. Only submits these proofs if requested. Please check other post for absence letter requirement for WP holders.

Rahul1977,
No interaction with CW in Croydon PEO. I had submitted all the listed Co-hab documents which was covering for 2years period.

Shace

Can I apply for ILR or should I go for another tier-1 ext

Post by Shace » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:23 am

my details:

Visa granted : 6/5/2009
1st entry to UK: 30/06/2009 (after 56 days from visa granted)

left uk : 17/07/2009 ( after 17 days in uk i left for persoanl reasons)

2nd entry to uk : 12/10/2009 ( after 85 days from last left uk)

I am working in uk since 30/11/2009 and been outside only 10 days on holidays after this date.

the total absence so far is 112, however can I apply for ILR around next year june or should I have to
apply for 2nd extension since i have not worked in uk between my 1st entry and the the 2nd entry to UK.(between june 2009 till october 2009)

the new rule on absence states if the applicant is out of uk as jobless this will not be calculated as continuos stay
i am really confused now. can anyone help me please?

thank you

shace

argus7
Wales

Re: Can I apply for ILR or should I go for another tier-1 ex

Post by argus7 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Shace wrote:my details:

Visa granted : 6/5/2009
1st entry to UK: 30/06/2009 (after 56 days from visa granted)

left uk : 17/07/2009 ( after 17 days in uk i left for persoanl reasons)

2nd entry to uk : 12/10/2009 ( after 85 days from last left uk)

I am working in uk since 30/11/2009 and been outside only 10 days on holidays after this date.

the total absence so far is 112, however can I apply for ILR around next year june or should I have to
apply for 2nd extension since i have not worked in uk between my 1st entry and the the 2nd entry to UK.(between june 2009 till october 2009)

the new rule on absence states if the applicant is out of uk as jobless this will not be calculated as continuos stay
i am really confused now. can anyone help me please?

thank you

shace
where is this mentioned that you need to be employed in the first yr since first port of entry , or between first and second port of entry within 180 days or 90 days

The whole idea of Tier 1 visa is to come to UK look for a job and settle. If you are away, all you need to mention reason of absences. The fact that the extension is given on 12 months earnings out of 15 consecutive months, the same is for ILR scoring min points i.e say 75/80.

Some CW will see if you were working for 5 yrs. evidence of P60s is used.

You could come to UK in the first yr within 90 days, look for a job go back and come back again. You could show evidence of working with current employer back home. As long as you are within 180 days in 5 yrs , its fine.

Shace

Post by Shace » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:30 am

Hi Argus

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I have posted the exact wording from UKBA absence guidance
if you read point 2 this clearly says if someone is outside of uk for another employment this is not counted as absence.
just want to clarify this.

1.The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days.
This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. Provided the period of delay does not exceed 90 days, it will not be counted as an absence.

2.If the absences are in connection with other employment outside the UK, which demonstrates the UK employment is secondary, these are not permitted absences,
and the continuous period requirement is considered broken.

By reading point 2, does it means my ILR date starts from 2nd entry date to uk, hence i might have to go for a 2nd extension. anyone been similar to my situation?

Thanks

Shace

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Shace wrote:Hi Argus

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I have posted the exact wording from UKBA absence guidance
if you read point 2 this clearly says if someone is outside of uk for another employment this is not counted as absence.

1.The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days.
This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. Provided the period of delay does not exceed 90 days, it will not be counted as an absence.

2.If the absences are in connection with other employment outside the UK, which demonstrates the UK employment is secondary, these are not permitted absences,

By reading point 2, does it means my ILR date starts from 2nd entry date to uk, hence i might have to go for a 2nd extension. anyone been similar to my situation?

Thanks

Shace

No you dont need 2nd extension, Regarding your point no.2 , if you are outside the UK, working/ not working and withing the 180 days in 5 years is fine , and the continous residency period is not broken.

Can you paste the guidance link?

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:07 pm

By looking at the policy guidance, it states that if during the period of absence if your are in employment outside UK , residency / continuous period is broken.

Shace,

Looks like you will require a 2nd extension.

My case is almost similar.

Visa stamp 15th July 2010. Came to UK 13th August 2010 ( 1st visit)
Still working outside UK.
Came back to UK on 28th October 2010, looked for a job and started working in December 2010

Looks like even I will have to take another extension in July 2015, as my qualifying period will start from 28th Oct.

The new absences requirement is made easier , but also complicated in ways that employment outside UK would break residency period. Also things can change next year or even in 2015 as every 6th April they change immigration rules.

Shace

Post by Shace » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:31 am

Hi Argus

Agree with you, but it totally depends with the date we apply for ILR, for example the requirements states
we have to be economically active in 5 year period for the ILR.

for example if i apply around june 2014 for ILR my first year will have 85 days absence since i was out of uk
but i have worked the next 6 months in uk for the year I am claiming as residence.

also if i can give a valid reason for my absence, i should not mention working for another company outside uk,
but if i can prepare a personal reason for my absence then yes acording to the current rule we can apply for ILR.

looking at your dates it looks the same, as long as the reason for absence is a valid one, we can apply for ILR rather than
extension

Shace

Smile
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Smile » Wed May 28, 2014 6:09 am

Shace wrote:Hi Argus

Thanks

Shace

Hi Shace,

Would you be greatful to share what you did at the end? Did you applied for ILR? was it sucessful?

Thanks,