ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC2000 and SOC2010 Codes for UKBA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rroy111
Newly Registered

SOC2000 and SOC2010 Codes for UKBA

Post by rroy111 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:44 am

Hi,
I believe there are two sets of SOC codes published by UKBA, one in 2000 (SOC 2000) and the other in the year 2010 (SOC 2010). Is this correct?

My employer applied for my Visa extension/BRP in 2012 which was granted. However, I just discovered that it was applied based on the codes in SOC 2000 and not SOC2012. However, as I mentioned, UKBA did give the BRP with an extension till 2015.

Can somebody confirm that we need to use the new codes only now? Or we still provide the old codes and it really doesn't matter, i.e. they are not very particular as long as one of the codes are provided? I am asking specific to ILR application due later this year.

Thanks for your help.