ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship for eea national

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Miky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British citizenship for eea national

Post by Miky » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:36 am

Dear sir/madam,
i'm completing the an form to become british citizen.
I'm italian and lived in uk since november 1999. I have always been working ever since. In february 2007 i applied for residence card /registration certificate to support my wife non eea to get residence card. My residence card expired in february 2012. I never applied for permanent residence. I have completed the points 2.4-2.6 giving details of my treaty rights since 2000. Now at the point 1.3 what date should i write. Also me and my wife had a baby in 2007 she was born in uk. Is there any chance that she is already british and i can apply for british passport or do i need to register her as a british once i get my citizenship?
Thank you

Miky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miky » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 am

Anybody can advise me please?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:17 am

Any specific reason you wish to apply to become a BC?

Are you aware that by becoming a BC, you will not be able to make use of the EEA regulations and will be subject to the (more restrict) UK immigration rules if you want to bring family over in future.

for point 1.3 - either put April 2006 or just leave blank.

Your daughter is already British from birth (as born in the UK after you have completed 5 years of employment). You can apply directly for a passport, providing evidence of your 5 years of employment before the birth.

Miky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miky » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Thank you for your advise.. the reason why i was or i'm planning to become british is mostly for my daughter future her life is here now but if she is already british then things change. I will apply for her passport directly then.
Thank you for your advise
Miky

Miky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miky » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:13 am

Jambo wrote:. Your daughter is already British from birth (as born in the UK after you have completed 5 years of employment). You can apply directly for a passport, providing evidence of your 5 years of employment before the birth.
Hello Jambo but my daughter has already italian and colombian passport would i still be able to apply for british passport directly or do i need to register her as a british? I'm a bit confused now..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:30 am

It doesn't matter how many other passports she has.

You can only register a child if he is not British from birth. In your case, if you have worked in the UK for 5 years before the birth of your child, the child is British from birth if born in the UK. Apply directly for a passport with 5 P60s from before the birth. Simple.

Miky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miky » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 am

thank you