ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Venuslaure
Newly Registered

Newbie, Helloo All

Post by Venuslaure » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi all,
I am one of the secret follower of this site and this site help me a lot I therefore decided to write down my story.

I applied for FLRO in Feb 2013, and received a call from my lawyer this afternoon that informed me I have been granted. If I heard her right as was too excited after hearing granted I was given 3 years.

My story: Came to the UK in 2005 as a student, have been on a student visa since then, got pregnant and gave birth on Xmas day last year. My student visa ran out in Feb 2013 and as unsure of what to do went to a lawyer. My partner is british and consequently my son, plus I have been in the UK now for 8 years so the lawyer thought I would be granted and she was not wrong.

I would like to thank you all as coming here daily was a source of comfort. I hope you will all receive the Good news soon by God's grace.

ali90

Re: Newbie, Helloo All

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Venuslaure wrote:Hi all,
I am one of the secret follower of this site and this site help me a lot I therefore decided to write down my story.

I applied for FLRO in Feb 2013, and received a call from my lawyer this afternoon that informed me I have been granted. If I heard her right as was too excited after hearing granted I was given 3 years.

My story: Came to the UK in 2005 as a student, have been on a student visa since then, got pregnant and gave birth on Xmas day last year. My student visa ran out in Feb 2013 and as unsure of what to do went to a lawyer. My partner is british and consequently my son, plus I have been in the UK now for 8 years so the lawyer thought I would be granted and she was not wrong.

I would like to thank you all as coming here daily was a source of comfort. I hope you will all receive the Good news soon by God's grace.
congrats :)

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:16 pm

ali90 wrote:
egoneo wrote:Hi guys,

just adding to the good news. Lol i didnt get indefinite leave but i did get my FLR(O) granted for 2.5 years today. BRP and documents all came in one swoop. i applied under private life and got granted under the fact ive lived here half my life and under 25. heres a quick timeline.

Applied: 13th Nov 12
acknowledged/money taken: Late Nov
Biometrics letter : 2nd March 13(when letter was dated)
Biometrics complete: 14th March 13
MP contacted: mid jun
Documents returned: 10 Jul 13th (granted on 8th jul)

Looks like they're finally really going through the backlog, guess i was also lucky with the caseworker. Good luck to everyone else and their applications. I will pray hard for your success
do you have the initial or the name of the case worker you had your situation seems to be same as mine the timeline seems exactly same too except the fact that i havent got a decision yet but i am also under 25 and also lived more than half life here . did they ask you for more documents or biometrics were the last thing they asked for ?

knowing that you got your decision has given me hope
I do but i don't know how much good it'll do you. you cant call or email them directly you just have a name and yours could be with another caseworker. They seem to be clearing out the applications post july changes last year and people who did bios in feb/march so yours in prob in the post now.

yahwadud

Re: Newbie, Helloo All

Post by yahwadud » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Venuslaure wrote:Hi all,

congrats .are you sure you were given 3 years discretionary leave or 2.5 years ?.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:25 pm

just adding to the good news. Lol i didnt get indefinite leave but i did get my FLR(O) granted for 2.5 years today. BRP and documents all came in one swoop. i applied under private life and got granted under the fact ive lived here half my life and under 25. heres a quick timeline.

Looks like they're finally really going through the backlog, guess i was also lucky with the caseworker. Good luck to everyone else and their applications. I will pray hard for your success
Congratulations. Breathe of relief at last.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:28 pm

@ Venuslaure congratulations. That was very quick.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:41 am

egoneo wrote:
ali90 wrote:

do you have the initial or the name of the case worker you had your situation seems to be same as mine the timeline seems exactly same too except the fact that i havent got a decision yet but i am also under 25 and also lived more than half life here . did they ask you for more documents or biometrics were the last thing they asked for ?

knowing that you got your decision has given me hope
I do but i don't know how much good it'll do you. you cant call or email them directly you just have a name and yours could be with another caseworker. They seem to be clearing out the applications post july changes last year and people who did bios in feb/march so yours in prob in the post now.
well my sister has a case worker assigned to her application because he asked for more documents thats why i wanted to know the name so i can see if its same or not wel hope it be in post tomorrow lol

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by grenadagirl » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:32 am

How many of you did your biometric in January?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:53 am

Good Morning Forum, lets hope some more good news today. Best of luck everyone. God bless all.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:54 am

Congratulation all of them who got a stay yesterday. Enjoy the freedom.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:59 am

All I kno that caseworker who got ma case works slow,first I was told its with a caseworker on the 18th june and they confirm that again the 1st july and I still can't get any news.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:09 am

Hi guys my caseworker is quite fast too. Below is my timeline, does anyone have the same timeline?

Well I am between 18 and 25 but didnt spend half of my life here... So i dont know but all i know is that God is like Spam and i cant live without his faith
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:36 am

hi rec212 does biometric enrolnment is about caseworker? probably after biometric they pass to caseworker.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:42 am

Postman has come and gone today sadly no good news today for me

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:47 am

ali90 wrote:Postman has come and gone today sadly no good news today for me
Same here I'm so fraustrated. :(

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:06 pm

sanny26 wrote:
sorry to hear that :cry: was really hoping that you get good news asap what date is your flight for

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Hello...Hello bloggers....

@Ego and Venus...Congratulations and we thank God for making a way for you guys.Enjoy the freedom and all the best.

@Rec...that's what keeps me going too,not forgetting my trust in God!

I pray that we get positive response too and be able to move forth!This waiting aint child's play but won't let the HO rule my everyday life being worried!!I want to send them a nice open letter soonest!!

Kag
Newly Registered

Re: waiting

Post by Kag » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:46 pm

grenadagirl wrote:How many of you did your biometric in January?
Hi grendagirl...
I enrol my biometric in January and I am still waiting

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:29 pm

ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
sorry to hear that :cry: was really hoping that you get good news asap what date is your flight for
Early nextweek

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:33 pm

sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
Early nextweek
have you contacted your local mp and see if he can talk to them and try to find out whats happening hope you get yours tomorrow

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:35 pm

It seems most people who r granted 2.5 or 3 years have, a child, british partner or are under 25. I am in none of these categories. Though I have spent half my life here. Anyone else in the same boat? Also could someone please tell me the best address to send any additional info to. They haven't asked me for anything but I got a member of my family to write a supporting letter and I'm just wondering where its best to send it. Any advice?

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:43 pm

pink nails wrote:It seems most people who r granted 2.5 or 3 years have, a child, british partner or are under 25. I am in none of these categories. Though I have spent half my life here. Anyone else in the same boat? Also could someone please tell me the best address to send any additional info to. They haven't asked me for anything but I got a member of my family to write a supporting letter and I'm just wondering where its best to send it. Any advice?
I think the supporting won't help much and they have address but you need to know you caseworker name to make sure the letter goes to him/her all you can do is wait

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:54 pm

pink nails wrote:It seems most people who r granted 2.5 or 3 years have, a child, british partner or are under 25. I am in none of these categories. Though I have spent half my life here. Anyone else in the same boat? Also could someone please tell me the best address to send any additional info to. They haven't asked me for anything but I got a member of my family to write a supporting letter and I'm just wondering where its best to send it. Any advice?
send any address to UKBA sheffield temporary migration unit. Any additional documents that you feel will help you will most likely do before they make a decison on your case. I was 26 so didnt meet the under 25 rule and got a refusal this week. Fighting back at the moment. All the best with yours
Godgives

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:04 pm

GodGives wrote:
send any address to UKBA sheffield temporary migration unit. Any additional documents that you feel will help you will most likely do before they make a decison on your case. I was 26 so didnt meet the under 25 rule and got a refusal this week. Fighting back at the moment. All the best with yours
. That's a shame, I really hope it works out for u. Did they refuse u only because ur 26? I didn't even know about this category (flro) until a few weeks ago. Silly me missed the 14 year deadline. I get more confused and frustrated everyday.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:22 pm

I am exactly the same as you. No kids nor any European or British partner. Applied under private life. But I suppose if you have anymore correspondence to help with your case, if you used a lawyer it's best you try go through them otherwise ringing them up for further information on where you should post or fax them could be pretty much ideal. We are in God's hands.