ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:51 pm

I believe that I have helped people in this Forum and may resign after 1000 posts. So every Post counts now :)
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Mary26

Post by Mary26 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Thank you both IntegratedMigrant and reverse_blade93.
But i'm well aware of what's happening with an aid of the current minister, however it was a requirement, and I've just simply stated that based on my case my application process should not be delayed.
As i do satisfy all the requirement and i'm of a good character. And there is not that much to check about me as I did not change job or house since i arrive here.

fahadzik
Newly Registered

Post by fahadzik » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks for helping,,one more question as my naturalustaion is under process and on the second stage ,wht will happen if my visa expires during process and imiigration wont renew it??any effect on my naturalistion case???

dania

Post by dania » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Hello every one after waiting long time I got approval letter yesterday ,I am thankful to all of u who helped me with your advice and views, I applied april2010,acknowledgment may 2010 , they never asked any thing further and I got approval 12july 2013 ,thanks Allan shatter keep it up and u r the best :D

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:06 pm

fahadzik wrote:Thanks for helping,,one more question as my naturalustaion is under process and on the second stage ,wht will happen if my visa expires during process and imiigration wont renew it??any effect on my naturalistion case???
It depends on the reason why you are refused and when you are refused. If the INIS have finished their investigation after your visa expires, you will have no problem I think

titi233
Newly Registered

what may have happen to this person application

Post by titi233 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:11 pm

*571.* *Deputy Willie O'Dea* Information on Willie O'Dea
 Zoom on Willie O'Dea
 asked the *Minister for Justice and Equality* Information on Alan Shatter
 Zoom on Alan Shatter
 if he considers it just or fair that a person (details supplied) should be advised of the postponement of his citizenship ceremony one week prior to it occurring, having been previously advised that all was in order having been scheduled for 4 July next; and if he will make a statement on the matter. *[31961/13]*
Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): Information on Alan Shatter
 Zoom on Alan Shatter
 A letter issued to the person referred to by the Deputy on 25 March, 2013 informing him it was intended to grant his application for a certificate of naturalisation. The applicant submitted the requested documents and an invitation issued to him to attend a citizenship ceremony on the 4 July, 2013.

In the interim and before the formal certificate of naturalisation was prepared further information came to light which requires to be considered before a final decision is made in this case. I do not want to pre-empt the outcome of these considerations except to say that officials in my Department will be in contact with the person as soon as possible regarding his application status.

As well as being a significant event in the life of its recipient, the granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to INIS by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from INIS is, in the Deputy’s view, inadequate or too long awaited.**
  "Question No. 572 answered with Question No. 541".

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: what may have happen to this person application

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:41 pm

titi233 wrote: *571.* *Deputy Willie O'Dea* Information on Willie O'Dea
 Zoom on Willie O'Dea
 Zoom on Alan Shatter
 if he considers it just or fair that a person (details supplied) should be advised of the postponement of his citizenship ceremony one week prior to it occurring, having been previously advised that all was in order having been scheduled for 4 July next; and if he will make a statement on the matter. *[31961/13]*
Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): Information on Alan Shatter
 Zoom on Alan Shatter
 A letter issued to the person referred to by the Deputy on 25 March, 2013 informing him it was intended to grant his application for a certificate of naturalisation. The applicant submitted the requested documents and an invitation issued to him to attend a citizenship ceremony on the 4 July, 2013.

In the interim and before the formal certificate of naturalisation was prepared further information came to light which requires to be considered before a final decision is made in this case. I do not want to pre-empt the outcome of these considerations except to say that officials in my Department will be in contact with the person as soon as possible regarding his application status.

As well as being a significant event in the life of its recipient, the granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to INIS by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from INIS is, in the Deputy’s view, inadequate or too long awaited.**
Is this suppose to me you?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Argh ... being told that things are delayed after having been invited to a ceremony and send the payment is tough!!

BUt if something big comes up (for exemple if at the last minute they someone realised the application was based on some forged documents), fair enough from INIS.

titi233
Newly Registered

Post by titi233 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Is this suppose to me you?[/quote]

no is not me I just got approval last friday just wonderinwg if there is any further investigstion will be done after a letter of intent is sent
if u look that person case it look like something serious came up after the approval and ceremony letter

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:08 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Mary26 wrote:Hello everyone!
According to what i see here and on the other forums, lot's of us who applied in the December and late January (2012-2013) got their approvals on the 10th of July (dated:8th of July).
As i also applied in late January 2013 and did not receive approval, i would like to know when would be the next mass release of approvals (approximately)?

p.s. my case is simple, based on 5 years 4 EuFam, currently holding 10years permanent residence card 4 EuFam, no social welfare, no crime convictions, 2 Irish children.

Kind Regards,
Mary
No social welfare and 2 Irish children means nothing practically. Although you did not receive any letter, letters will be continued to be sent until the final week of August.
What do you mean until the final week of August? Do you mean after August there won't be any more approval letters for this year?

courny

Post by courny » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Zoom on Willie O'Dea
 Zoom on Alan Shatter
 Zoom on Alan Shatter

wow thats sad!
MUST BE SOMETHING SERIOUS

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Angel592 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
According to what i see here and on the other forums, lot's of us who applied in the December and late January (2012-2013) got their approvals on the 10th of July (dated:8th of July).
As i also applied in late January 2013 and did not receive approval, i would like to know when would be the next mass release of approvals (approximately)?

p.s. my case is simple, based on 5 years 4 EuFam, currently holding 10years permanent residence card 4 EuFam, no social welfare, no crime convictions, 2 Irish children.

Kind Regards,
Mary
No social welfare and 2 Irish children means nothing practically. Although you did not receive any letter, letters will be continued to be sent until the final week of August.
What do you mean until the final week of August? Do you mean after August there won't be any more approval letters for this year?
OMG @Angel592, I cant explain this any further. With all due respect please ask someone that understands better English to tell you what I meant. Letters will always continue to be sent forever really.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:

Kind Regards,
Mary
OMG @Angel592, I cant explain this any further. With all due respect please ask someone that understands better English to tell you what I meant. Letters will always continue to be sent forever really.
Okayyyy. Sarcasm detected and point taken :/ thanks.

dania

Post by dania » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:23 pm

courny wrote:
 Zoom on Willie O'Dea
 Zoom on Alan Shatter
 Zoom on Alan Shatter

wow thats sad!
i never heard something like this before ,it is very very sad but it is important to know why inis did this , hopefully every thing will be fine with that person.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:29 am

dania wrote:
courny wrote:
 Zoom on Willie O'Dea
 Zoom on Alan Shatter
 Zoom on Alan Shatter

wow thats sad!
i never heard something like this before ,it is very very sad but it is important to know why inis did this , hopefully every thing will be fine with that person.
Yes it is very serious indeed, I doubt the minister will approve his/her citizenship anytime soon if possible at all

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:45 am

So I got my approval earlier this year and now I am filling the form for my wife... Should she apply as a spouse for Irish citizenship or based on 5 years residency. whats your view on this?

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am

NewIrish wrote:So I got my approval earlier this year and now I am filling the form for my wife... Should she apply as a spouse for Irish citizenship or based on 5 years residency. whats your view on this?
Does she fulfill 5 years residency requirements?

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:56 am

dublin3 wrote:
NewIrish wrote:So I got my approval earlier this year and now I am filling the form for my wife... Should she apply as a spouse for Irish citizenship or based on 5 years residency. whats your view on this?
Yes

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:21 pm

NewIrish wrote:
dublin3 wrote:
Yes
I think you should apply as spouse of irish citizen.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Study the Form 8 carefully and apply based on whichever that is easier.

xyazx

Post by xyazx » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:16 am

rang the help line lady on the phone told me that my application is send to minster for decision any body know how long it take to get decision from minster office .
applied in Feb 2011 on behalf of spouse of Irish citizen
further document asked Mar 2013
every time i range in before was told that they waiting for reports from outside agencies

alegalalien

Residency stamp dates on Passport is different from GNIB

Post by alegalalien » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi friends,

I will soon apply for Irish citizenship through Naturalization based on 5 years residence.
I have inquired the the summary of registration dates from GNIB office and got the letter.
It is very surprised that the first 2 stamp dates are different from the Stamp on my passport.
The difference is only 2 days, but I don't know why ? how come there is a difference from passport and GNIB ?
In my residency calculator, I just put in the dates from passport, is it the right date ?
Do you have any opinion ?

I appreciate your helps.

Alegalalien

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 pm

xyazx wrote:rang the help line lady on the phone told me that my application is send to minster for decision any body know how long it take to get decision from minster office .
applied in Feb 2011 on behalf of spouse of Irish citizen
further document asked Mar 2013
every time i range in before was told that they waiting for reports from outside agencies
It takes 0-3 months for the Minister to make a decision.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Residency stamp dates on Passport is different from GNIB

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:05 pm

alegalalien wrote:Hi friends,

I will soon apply for Irish citizenship through Naturalization based on 5 years residence.
I have inquired the the summary of registration dates from GNIB office and got the letter.
It is very surprised that the first 2 stamp dates are different from the Stamp on my passport.
The difference is only 2 days, but I don't know why ? how come there is a difference from passport and GNIB ?
In my residency calculator, I just put in the dates from passport, is it the right date ?
Do you have any opinion ?

I appreciate your helps.

Alegalalien
Yes it is right. If the dates on your passport passes the residency requirement test then that what you'll use. Dont worry about the different dates, it happen sometimes.

alegalalien

Post by alegalalien » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi IntegratedMigrant,

Thanks for your quick response.
The stamp on my passport is 2 days after the dates from GNIB.
It means that, if I take the residency calculator based on passport stamp, I would be 2 day less than requirement if calculated based on the dates from GNIB.

On the safe side, I may delay my application for a few days to meet GNIB dates.

The issue is why the date difference between passport stamps vs GNIB data happens twice, probably there is some reason, it is not just an error of data base ..