ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Visa at PEO documents required ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amy_le
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Visa at PEO documents required ?

Post by Amy_le » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi. My husband just got his Settlement visa (IRL) done and I'm still on dependent visa of Tier 1(general). I have booked an appointment at the PEO for my FLR visa and it will be on 31st July at the Birmingham office.

And here are my questions:

- Proof of Accommodation: I have seen people bringing their tenancy agreement with both husband and wife's names on it. However the house we're renting is under my husband's name only as we didn't think it's necessary when we signed the renting contract. All bills (water, internet, gas...) are under his name because it's just the way it works for us. Will this be a problem ? Any other documents can substitute these? I only have my bank statements which have my name and address on it.

- Attending the appointment: Does my husband have to attend the appointment with me or I can go there by myself?

-Proof of marriage: besides the compulsory marriage certificate, should we bring wedding photos and stuff like that to the PEO?

Many thanks !

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Was your husband's ilr based on PBS or long residence?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Hey must attend with you. If he cant he needs to provide a letter stating why and provide a statement confirming he supports your application plus a day time number where the caseworker can reach him should there need be.

I suggest going together is better and a good look cause he is sponsoring your visa

Amy_le
Newly Registered

Post by Amy_le » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:19 pm

D4109125 wrote:Was your husband's ilr based on PBS or long residence?
Hi, he got it with 10 years long residence. Does it make a difference on my visa application?
He's self-employed by the way. I also have a job in his company but with minimum wage so it won't be enough to cover the financial requirement, I will have to use his finance.
Last edited by Amy_le on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy_le
Newly Registered

Post by Amy_le » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:21 pm

njoy1987 wrote:Hey must attend with you. If he cant he needs to provide a letter stating why and provide a statement confirming he supports your application plus a day time number where the caseworker can reach him should there need be.

I suggest going together is better and a good look cause he is sponsoring your visa
Hi. Thank you for your answer. I will have to take him then :p

Any suggestions regarding my first question (about tenancy agreement ect) ?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:48 pm

It should be fine and you also need to see what else, besides bank statements, you have in your name, for example :

NHS letters
Tax letter
P60's
Mobile phone bills
Employer letters
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:53 pm

How long have you been on the PBS dep visa?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amy_le
Newly Registered

Post by Amy_le » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:30 pm

D4109125 wrote:How long have you been on the PBS dep visa?
I was on PBS dep visa for more than 2 years. I've been living in the UK since 2005. Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Take both Set(m) and flr(m) forms, you might be lucky and be able to apply directly for settlement without switching to flr(m), make sure both forms are completed and all documents are ready for both scenarios in separate folders.

Amy_le
Newly Registered

Post by Amy_le » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks Amber for a quick response. That's great news . I've booked an appointment with PEO for FLR(M), hope that would not be any problem when bring both documents ^^ .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Amy_le wrote:Thanks Amber for a quick response. That's great news . I've booked an appointment with PEO for FLR(M), hope that would not be any problem when bring both documents ^^ .
No there shouldn't be, they should accept set(m), ask them to verify that you can apply directly for settlement as you have been a spouse dep for 2+ years. If that fails you'll have flr(m) ready. But present set(m) first and see what they say.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:25 pm

[url=http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=934723#934723]Amy_l[/url]e wrote:Hi. I have recently got my visa as 'spouse of a settled person'. I have booked my next appointment at the PEO office in Solihull for IRL. The appointment is on 30th Oct 2013, I have a question regarding the change of Knowledge of language. Am I qualified, given that I have the following:

-Life in the UK certificate.
-My degrees (bachelor and master degree) both completed in the UK.

Do I have to do ESOL or other English tests?
Thank you !

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:26 pm

You will meet the new KoLL requirement, moreover, the old application form can be used for 21 days following 28-oct-2013.

himpa

Post by himpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:22 am

I have got degree that is done in India hope this will be valid, where can I check. I have got degree with me.
D4109125 wrote:You will meet the new KoLL requirement, moreover, the old application form can be used for 21 days following 28-oct-2013.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 am

For FLR(M) and the A1 requirement, if the degree is awarded points on the PBS calculator that should suffice (a print out with the original degree certificate).

For settlement, a NARIC statement of comparability may be required and proof the degree was taught in English.

himpa

Post by himpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:54 am

Is this needed even if I have got degree for my wife in English.

I hope I don't need for self as I am applying for PBS Tier-2 from last 4 years.

D4109125 wrote:For FLR(M) and the A1 requirement, if the degree is awarded points on the PBS calculator that should suffice (a print out with the original degree certificate).

For settlement, a NARIC statement of comparability may be required and proof the degree was taught in English.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:58 am

Yes.

For you, this should apply:
Page 3 wrote:If you already have a qualification at B1 level
Applicants who already have an English language qualification at B1 level or above will not be
required to take another one. For example, someone who demonstrated a knowledge of English
equivalent to B1 level when applying for entry clearance will not be required to take a further test in
order to qualify settlement

himpa

Post by himpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:14 am

I am referring in website below and can see many options- bit confused which one to choose for my wife as she has done degree in India and one of the subject was english as well. We have got original degree and marksheet present with us.

http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/

1)Statement of Comparability
2)Statement of Comparability with Translation Waiver
3)English Language Assessment

D4109125 wrote:Yes.

For you, this should apply:
Page 3 wrote:If you already have a qualification at B1 level
Applicants who already have an English language qualification at B1 level or above will not be
required to take another one. For example, someone who demonstrated a knowledge of English
equivalent to B1 level when applying for entry clearance will not be required to take a further test in
order to qualify settlement

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:31 am

Option 1 with proof it was taught in English.

himpa

Post by himpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:54 pm

thanks, so I will opt option 1 probably they will mention that it was taught in english and I dont need option 3 as well.
Just to reconfirm this is needed even if my wife will be applying with me for ILR and not separately.

D4 109125 wrote:Option 1 with proof it was taught in English.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Yes she will need to prove B1 for ILR post 28-Oct-2013 unless exempt.