ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturilsation rejected by NCS... Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nav8
Newly Registered

Naturilsation rejected by NCS... Help

Post by Nav8 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Hello All,

hope some can help/ advice.

i went to Harrow NCS to submit my application and the agent over there asked me whether i have filled the application. i informed her all done other than conviction part as its bit confusing and m not sure yes/ no as i have a SP30 speeding and paid £60 fine. She wasnt in no mood to help and said she will talk to Home office. She spoke to some one in home office and advised her that I cant apply until 3 years has passed since the offence has taken place. when i informed her that UKBA website and AN guide doesnt say any of this for FPN and my driving offence was in 07/11. HO advisor said that the website has not been updated yet. NCS staff then refused take my application and said i got to wait for another year. some of my mates advised me to ring Brent council and when i spoke to them over the phone to fix an appointment i told my circumstances ie; SP30 and fine. the lady said its not a problem unless you didnt pay the fine in the court, she is happy to take the application. I'm bit confused here what to do.. any thoughts/ advice please??

cheers

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:29 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Nav8
Newly Registered

Post by Nav8 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks Amber,

i'm gonna risk it, as the Booklet AN mentions that they might look over a single conviction if it was a minor offence and my driving licence part doesnt have anything to say that i paid a fine. i even called FPN office to confirm and they dont have any records of my name there. I had to confirm myself that i paid a fine only by checking my 2011 bank statement. so is it a better idea to disclose my conviction and request for a consideration to ignore my minor offence??

cheers

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Nav8 wrote:
so is it a better idea to disclose my conviction and request for a consideration to ignore my minor offence??

cheers
You cant pull wool over their eyes, there isnt a better idea than to disclose it and add detail. Honesty is best policy

Nav8
Newly Registered

Post by Nav8 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Well said mate!! hopefully things go well

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:36 pm

If this was a FPN issued by the Police and there was no involvement of the Court then it is not a conviction and providing you do not have more than one in the last 12 months. It should have no bearing on your application.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Nav8
Newly Registered

Post by Nav8 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Thanks again Amber,

this where all my questions started. i was stopped by a police officer holding a speed gun and was given a notice to go local police station to hand over my licence for endorsement and i paid the fine. there was no involvement of court.

i tried explaining this to the lady in NCS and she was in no mood to listen.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Nav8 wrote:Thanks again Amber,

this where all my questions started. i was stopped by a police officer holding a speed gun and was given a notice to go local police station to hand over my licence for endorsement and i paid the fine. there was no involvement of court.

i tried explaining this to the lady in NCS and she was in no mood to listen.
Most of the NCS workers and Many UKBA caseworkers seem to just stab in the dark for answers.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:19 pm

...and many Post Office Check & Send staffs