ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (psw switch) application questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

divarien

Tier 2 (psw switch) application questions

Post by divarien » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi Friends,

I am planning to apply my tier 2 visa in the next 2 weeks. Just few general questions about the application. I am sure this thread will be very useful for upcoming new applicants too ! Any guidance will be really helpful.

My status: PSW to tier 2 (no dependents)

Hope this is the right application form:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nform1.pdf

Hope this is the right fee - £578

1. My company is being allocated with 1 unrestricted cos. Since I am switching from psw, I should be assigned with an unrestricted cos ?. Please correct me if I am wrong.

2. What is the best preferred application method: Online or postal ?
Best preferred payment option: Postal order, debit card or check ?

3. My current salary is below the expected rate(£18,000). But obviously I will be paid by the new entrant rate (£20,300) from the next day of my visa. I am worried about submitting the payslips with the current salary. Is this fine ?

4. 3 months (£900) bank statements on bank's letterhead. Good to go ?

5. In the application- section h1 , they have asked for a home office reference number. I am not exactly sure what this is ?!

6. Is it compulsory for me to register with the police ?

7. I dont have my original birth certificate. Will this be a problem?

Sorry about the multiple questions...Any answers will be much appreciated ! Thanks in advance.

godistrue

Re: Tier 2 (psw switch) application questions

Post by godistrue » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:08 pm

HI, I just moved from psw to tier 2 last month
divarien wrote:Hi Friends,

I am planning to apply my tier 2 visa in the next 2 weeks. Just few general questions about the application. I am sure this thread will be very useful for upcoming new applicants too ! Any guidance will be really helpful.

My status: PSW to tier 2 (no dependents)

Hope this is the right application form:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nform1.pdf

Hope this is the right fee - £578

1. My company is being allocated with 1 unrestricted cos. Since I am switching from psw, I should be assigned with an unrestricted cos ?. Please correct me if I am wrong. Yes, Its Unrestricted COS you need.

2. What is the best preferred application method: Online or postal ?
Best preferred payment option: Postal order, debit card or check ?Debit Card. Not sure, but PEO appointment will be doing good, as you dont need to wait for your result for months.

3. My current salary is below the expected rate(£18,000). But obviously I will be paid by the new entrant rate (£20,300) from the next day of my visa. I am worried about submitting the payslips with the current salary. Is this fine ? Not needed. I too feel, if you provide pay slips which is less than the minimum(20300) pay rate which indeed throw you in trouble.

4. 3 months (£900) bank statements on bank's letterhead. Good to go ? Yes

5. In the application- section h1 , they have asked for a home office reference number. I am not exactly sure what this is ?! Your previous acknowledgment letter from ukba which contains Ref No when you moved from Tier 4 to PSW.

6. Is it compulsory for me to register with the police ?
No

7. I dont have my original birth certificate. Will this be a problem? I think its not needed

Sorry about the multiple questions...Any answers will be much appreciated ! Thanks in advance.

divarien

Post by divarien » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi godistrue. Thanks very much clearing most of my doubts... You have been a great help.. !

So did you not submit any payslips with your application ?

Please can anyone who crossed the same situation guide me ? Thank You in advance

vrk

Post by vrk » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:19 pm

1. Yes

2. Personally wud prefer post. Payment = best method is postal order (although bit expensive) from my personal experience. I had given card details but unfortunately there was a fraud in my account and the bank cancelled my card before the UKBA took the money.

3. Yes its absolutely fine. I did the same. My salary was below £20k when I applied. But not sure why u want to submit ur payslips. I dint submit. My sponsors just confirmed my salary while issuing the CoS. My salary was shown on my bank statement though.

4. Yes. Would get it date stamped from the branch office just to be safe.

5. LEAVE IT BLANK. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.

6. NO

7. NO

divarien

Post by divarien » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Thank you so much VRK !!!!!

kk89
Newly Registered

Post by kk89 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:49 am

I have read the answers above. I am filling the online application form for tier 2 and in the supporting documents section UKBA is asking me for evidence of working of the duration that I have mentioned in the form and the funny thing is that I have not mentioned any duration anywhere in the form which I don't really understand. It is really confusing. Can anyone shed any lights on this please? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks