ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:58 pm

pink nails wrote:
GodGives wrote:
pink nails wrote:It seems most people who r granted 2.5 or 3 years have, a child, british partner or are under 25. I am in none of these categories. Though I have spent half my life here. Anyone else in the same boat? Also could someone please tell me the best address to send any additional info to. They haven't asked me for anything but I got a member of my family to write a supporting letter and I'm just wondering where its best to send it. Any advice?
send any address to UKBA sheffield temporary migration unit. Any additional documents that you feel will help you will most likely do before they make a decison on your case. I was 26 so didnt meet the under 25 rule and got a refusal this week. Fighting back at the moment. All the best with yours
. That's a shame, I really hope it works out for u. Did they refuse u only because ur 26? I didn't even know about this category (flro) until a few weeks ago. Silly me missed the 14 year deadline. I get more confused and frustrated everyday.
yeah and I havnt lived 20yrs here. They didnt consider alot of things to be honest. But the battle is not over yet for me. Hopefully you dont get an incompetent caseworker to check urs.
Godgives

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:24 pm

If you are not sure about the strength of your case, I would advise you to keep calm and wait. H.O keep changing the rules and one day, you would have a case that is relevant to their rules. Then you could chase it up actively. The rules are clear most of the time, but Human right cases are very complex and the rules cannot cover everything. So the H.O gives themselves time knowing that rejecting a Human right application could trigger an Appeal in Court and if the appeal is won, a precedent would be set, which would force them to grant stay to many people.
"We are all in the same boat"

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Chidy wrote:If you are not sure about the strength of your case, I would advise you to keep calm and wait. H.O keep changing the rules and one day, you would have a case that is relevant to their rules. Then you could chase it up actively. The rules are clear most of the time, but Human right cases are very complex and the rules cannot cover everything. So the H.O gives themselves time knowing that rejecting a Human right application could trigger an Appeal in Court and if the appeal is won, a precedent would be set, which would force them to grant stay to many people.
"We are all in the same boat"
You speak wise words chiddy. We are all on the Home office's titanic ship, they may try to sink the ship but God will surely make us reach the promise land. With faith, we have won already!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:44 pm

ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
Same here I'm so fraustrated. :(
sorry to hear that :cry: was really hoping that you get good news asap what date is your flight for
Early nextweek
have you contacted your local mp and see if he can talk to them and try to find out whats happening hope you get yours tomorrow[/quote

Yh I did this morning he states he gona contact them again. I told him I need my kids british passports.

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:13 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
pink nails wrote:It seems most people who r granted 2.5 or 3 years have, a child, british partner or are under 25. I am in none of these categories. Though I have spent half my life here. Anyone else in the same boat? Also could someone please tell me the best address to send any additional info to. They haven't asked me for anything but I got a member of my family to write a supporting letter and I'm just wondering where its best to send it. Any advice?
I am exactly the same as you. No kids nor any European or British partner. Applied under private life. But I suppose if you have anymore correspondence to help with your case, if you used a lawyer it's best you try go through them otherwise ringing them up for further information on where you should post or fax them could be pretty much ideal. We are in God's hands.
Same here no British partner nor British child applied on private life....living here since 2001.. Waiting for decision since Oct 2012 .....lets see what
happens !

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:23 pm

SDP wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
I am exactly the same as you. No kids nor any European or British partner. Applied under private life. But I suppose if you have anymore correspondence to help with your case, if you used a lawyer it's best you try go through them otherwise ringing them up for further information on where you should post or fax them could be pretty much ideal. We are in God's hands.
Same here no British partner nor British child applied on private life....living here since 2001.. Waiting for decision since Oct 2012 .....lets see what
happens !
@SDP Wow seem like we came in same year and made an application exactly the same year too. I overstayed from 2002. I know God is up there we can't come this far and then say no. It's a win win for us all.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:36 pm

to the people who have been refused and apparently not given the right to appeal. i have spoken to some lawyers too because i know people who had same letter before they said that if the lawyer is good enough they can get the appeal. so hopefully your lawyer has experience with these kind of stuff

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:21 pm

ali90 wrote:to the people who have been refused and apparently not given the right to appeal. i have spoken to some lawyers too because i know people who had same letter before they said that if the lawyer is good enough they can get the appeal. so hopefully your lawyer has experience with these kind of stuff
In fact, if the lawyer threatens with judicial review, HO end up giving the right of appeal to avoid reimbursing costs.

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Its good to know I'm not alone. I've been here since 98 (was a child then), just reading some of the posts made me question if not having a child or partner wouldn't go against me. I wonder what the success rate is for cases like ours. I don't know about anyone else but with so much time on my hands I end up asking more questions than I can get answers to.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:19 pm

pink nails wrote:Its good to know I'm not alone. I've been here since 98 (was a child then), just reading some of the posts made me question if not having a child or partner wouldn't go against me. I wonder what the success rate is for cases like ours. I don't know about anyone else but with so much time on my hands I end up asking more questions than I can get answers to.
Well aside from you I guess it's you, myself, believe2013 and God Gives and both have been denied and trying to appeal. But to me I think it's more of how strong your ties are to the country and how strong your evidence of documentation have you and above all the grace of God. Don't panic I believe within a week or 2 we would hear something. Have you done your biometrics and when?

davdav
Newly Registered

updates

Post by davdav » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Hello friends,is there anyone tht HO request for more documents,recieved decision yet?pls updates....

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:21 am

dapsonlee wrote:
pink nails wrote:Its good to know I'm not alone. I've been here since 98 (was a child then), just reading some of the posts made me question if not having a child or partner wouldn't go against me. I wonder what the success rate is for cases like ours. I don't know about anyone else but with so much time on my hands I end up asking more questions than I can get answers to.
Well aside from you I guess it's you, myself, believe2013 and God Gives and both have been denied and trying to appeal. But to me I think it's more of how strong your ties are to the country and how strong your evidence of documentation have you and above all the grace of God. Don't panic I believe within a week or 2 we would hear something. Have you done your biometrics and when?
Oh I really hope ur right about the week or 2 part. So basically it could go anyway for us. I applied at the very end of October and did Bio in December. Haven't heard anything since. I phoned a few weeks ago and was told I'm in the flr o category because I missed the deadline for the 14 years rule (most of those people on this forum are sorted now). I've sent them everything I have, I'm sleeping at friends as I've lost my flat, I have nothing else to give. I really hope they understand the pressure and be understanding when making their decisions.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:09 am

Hello good people......- I wish and pray that almighty GOD/ALLAH grant each and everyone of us our visas both does refused and still waiting for decision...

Seems ukba are using not under 18 or 25 at the time of application/havent spent half of your life here and still got ties back home as there main reason for refusal.... That's making me wonder if I stand a chance.

Came here age 13 been school n college here(provided all schl/college cert n letters) applied at d age of 17yr got a bc girlfriend been with her since high school n intend to marry(provided her bc/pictures of use/letter writen n signed by her confirming we intend to marry n been together since high school)...domestically abused back home (provided evidence on that too) pictures of me and my friends too and turning 19 in a couple of month... Rang ukba and something strang happened I was asked to wait after giving my ref number and the lady said nothing has been sent out to you yet but you should here from us soon but for now still not complete (confused).

Applied june 1st 2012
Bio done july 15th 2012
Mp contact ukba and reponded 12th january 2013 (app in a queue waiting consideration)
Ombudmans got involed 2weeks ago
Outcome still waiting

What u think guys?

God bless n love u all

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:21 am

ONLYME1 wrote:Hello good people......- I wish and pray that almighty GOD/ALLAH grant each and everyone of us our visas both does refused and still waiting for decision...

Seems ukba are using not under 18 or 25 at the time of application/havent spent half of your life here and still got ties back home as there main reason for refusal.... That's making me wonder if I stand a chance.

Came here age 13 been school n college here(provided all schl/college cert n letters) applied at d age of 17yr got a bc girlfriend been with her since high school n intend to marry(provided her bc/pictures of use/letter writen n signed by her confirming we intend to marry n been together since high school)...domestically abused back home (provided evidence on that too) pictures of me and my friends too and turning 19 in a couple of month... Rang ukba and something strang happened I was asked to wait after giving my ref number and the lady said nothing has been sent out to you yet but you should here from us soon but for now still not complete (confused).

Applied june 1st 2012
Bio done july 15th 2012
Mp contact ukba and reponded 12th january 2013 (app in a queue waiting consideration)
Outcome still waiting

What u think guys?

God bless n love u all

That's what they said to me aswel on tuesday that they gona check to c if anything as been sent out. Ombudsman contact them nearly 2 weeks ago

socrates

Post by socrates » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:35 am

ONLYME1 wrote:Hello good people......- I wish and pray that almighty GOD/ALLAH grant each and everyone of us our visas both does refused and still waiting for decision...

Applied june 1st 2012
Bio done july 15th 2012
Outcome still waiting

What u think guys?

God bless n love u all
I think your evidence of domestic abuse ( with all other documents submitted) is a big plus for you since you came here at 13, it shows you need protection under the Human Rights Law. You just have to ''play the waiting game'', just everyone waiting. I pray that God grant us all our heart desires. Amen.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:43 am

Applied june 1st 2012
Bio done july 15th 2012
Outcome still waiting

What u think guys?

God bless n love u all
Onlyme my dear friend your application is not very strong but this doesnt mean refusal.Keep positive,I am worried for you but you will be fine keep praying you deserve good news.
The waiting game is a torture but will be over soon.

ale001

Another Miracle

Post by ale001 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:39 am

Hi guys, another miracle from a friend, although he's older than me like a brother but we're friends as he believed.

He has applied for FLR(o) since June 2012 base on long time residency and protection, no british child and no british wife, he has no child in UK, he's single. He's failed Asylum seeker.

He called the UKBA and the guy he spoke with said to him that: It is exceptional, that the home secretary has directed me to grant you indefinite stay.

You remember i told u similar testimony few days ago. This is just unbelievable.. Whats really going on with the UKBA?

The funniest thing, the case worker did a mistake by mentioning Liberia, meanwhile my friend is not from Liberia, but he mentioned his name, date of birth and address correctly, but typed his nationality as Liberia.

His solicitor said to him that the caseworker made a mistake to issue indefinite instead of DLR and the solicitor said the decision can never be changed since they are the one who made the mistake and if they proceed to court he said my friend will win the case with 100% guarantee and will continue with his indefinite.

Guys, my question is: what's really happening at the UKBA? Are they drunk or on drugs? or maybe this is just the result of our prayers of all who have been waiting for decision too?

I smell God's working

I pray this is what will happen to us all here by God's grace. (Amen)
Ale001

mummytwo

Re: Another Miracle

Post by mummytwo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:53 am

ale001 wrote:Hi guys, another miracle from a friend, although he's older than me like a brother but we're friends as he believed.

He has applied for FLR(o) since June 2012 base on long time residency and protection, no british child and no british wife, he has no child in UK, he's single. He's failed Asylum seeker.

He called the UKBA and the guy he spoke with said to him that: It is exceptional, that the home secretary has directed me to grant you indefinite stay.

You remember i told u similar testimony few days ago. This is just unbelievable.. Whats really going on with the UKBA?

The funniest thing, the case worker did a mistake by mentioning Liberia, meanwhile my friend is not from Liberia, but he mentioned his name, date of birth and address correctly, but typed his nationality as Liberia.

His solicitor said to him that the caseworker made a mistake to issue indefinite instead of DLR and the solicitor said the decision can never be changed since they are the one who made the mistake and if they proceed to court he said my friend will win the case with 100% guarantee and will continue with his indefinite.

Guys, my question is: what's really happening at the UKBA? Are they drunk or on drugs? or maybe this is just the result of our prayers of all who have been waiting for decision too?

I smell God's working

My dear Ale001, sorry I have to sound religious here but the bible says in psalm 126:1 ''When the Lord returned the captives to Zion, we were like them that dream''. The bible also says the hearts of kings and princes is in the hands of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turns it wherever he wills. Proverbs 21:1. God is arresting the hearts of the case workers and they are beginning to favour people.It is only God that can use the foolish things to confound the wise, or how else would you know it could only have been the intervention of God and his favour?

My dear, I think God is in your neighbourhood o!! Hold him well please :) you are next in line to be blessed. I believe we will all also be partakers of this favour by God's grace.
My muslim brothers and sisters,please also remember to seek the face on the Lord for everyone as this is a special month(Ramadan) The lord will accept our prayers and grant us our heart desires.

Happy friday, @Yummymummy special happy friday to you and Sanny26 :)

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:09 am

@Ale001, mummytwo: this so unbelievable! I learnt that with the UKBA no case is considered strong or weak. Sometimes God intervenes in things and what's predestined is unchangeable!

I hope we all get our stay very soon inchallah!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:24 am

Its really really unbelievable ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

UKBA in the building....

Someone will apply flro, u will grant indefinite stay
Someone else will apply for indefinite, u will grant flro
Someone will apply for extension, u will grant right of abode
Someone will apply for student visa, u will grant work permit
Someone will apply for visitor visa, u will grant student visa
Someone will apply to return to his country voluntarily, u will grant LR

Are the UKBA all drunk or they're smoking canabis?

God is really at work in the UKBA building...

:shock: :roll: :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll: :shock:
Ale001

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:20 pm

@mummytwo my dear sis.....amen to yr prayers.....it is the lord that has been doing it for others..he will perfect everythin dat concerns us in jesus name....our ears shall hear good news and our eyes shall see and our mouth shall testify to God's goodness...amen

SDP

Re: Another Miracle

Post by SDP » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:58 pm

ale001 wrote:Hi guys, another miracle from a friend, although he's older than me like a brother but we're friends as he believed.

I smell God's working

How long has your friend been living in this country ??? May be has spent half of his life here...could be one of the reason....anyway lets all be happy for him..keep praying guys !

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Hey guys, A very tough week its bn 4 us bt God is in control. People waiting lets hope good news is on the way, people who have bn refused like my partner, all the appeals will be Positive in Jesus name. Amen.

Can anyone please advice on good and reputable solicitors on appeals in London? Thank u.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Ma logo wrote:Hey guys, A very tough week its bn 4 us bt God is in control. People waiting lets hope good news is on the way, people who have bn refused like my partner, all the appeals will be Positive in Jesus name. Amen.

Can anyone please advice on good and reputable solicitors on appeals in London? Thank u.
marks and marks in harrow on the hill are good with lots of experience but not sure about the cost of it.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Honestly I don't know what taking homeoffice soo long to decide my case I'm so pissed off right now.kmt they acting like we aint got a life to live to aswel. I pay my money therefore I deserve a decent timing. Its either yes/no so we know what to do from there but when they have your case for how long and then they refuse u its very upsetting