ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Successful

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dada

Spouse Visa Successful

Post by dada » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:06 pm

So happy to have been granted a spouse visa! I had some concerns as per my previous questions and I'm grateful for the support I received from this forum.

I just have one more query: I read somewhere that the applicant is expected to travel within 40days of the visa being issued but now that I need the information I can't find it anymore. I had no idea how long it will take to be issued so I signed up on a vocational course and it doesn't end until another 3 weeks from now and I plan to travel back to the UK afterwards. This would make me way over forty days though. The visa was issued last month but I only just received it. Would this be OK?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:19 pm

@Dada, congratulations. I am aware you must not exceed three months after your visa issuance date, so you should still be OK after your course.

can you give a timeline of your spousal visa application though, i mean how long does your application took do you have to go through appeal or not?

dada

Post by dada » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:25 pm

That's great thanks! :-) That's probably why I couldn't find it online because its not the case. I applied from Nigeria in late April and it was issued late June so it took 2 months. It's my first time application for a Spouse visa.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks for your prompt response...I wish all the best in your next sojourn in the UK :)

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:42 pm

dada wrote:That's great thanks! :-) That's probably why I couldn't find it online because its not the case. I applied from Nigeria in late April and it was issued late June so it took 2 months. It's my first time application for a Spouse visa.

Congratulations Dada, please just a couple of questions as I am waiting for a decision on my application that was made early May.
1. Your Visa was issued late June, when was it ready for collection at VFS office? Which VFS office?
2. Do you know where the decision on yours was made, i.e whats the reference on the visa letter? is it SHEFF?
Many thanks in advance for your kind reply. Congrats once again.

dada

Post by dada » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks Iyanu @ Adima, It was from the VFS in Lagos however it took nearly three weeks for me to be notified. I assume this is the amount of time it takes for the application package to return to Nigeria from the UK. The reference is Sheffield.

When you applied (from May onwards) they changed the system slightly so your supporting documents go to your sponsors address in the UK while your passport goes to Nigeria - this means your sponsor will know sooner right?

Apparently there's a special unit that deals with applications from Nigeria their email address is visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
If you need to check how your case is going email them with subject: Application Status. Include your reference number, date you applied and date of birth. They usually send a standard reply to everyone but if it has been concluded and is in transit to Nigeria they will be more specific.

Are you in your third month of waiting? If so you could give it a shot

Good luck

tmalik13
Newly Registered

Post by tmalik13 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:58 pm

can someone please tell me how many days can be spent outside the Uk after spouse visa is granted?

dada

Post by dada » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:26 pm

tmalik13 wrote:can someone please tell me how many days can be spent outside the Uk after spouse visa is granted?
Three months