ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Expiring

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashifmasud
Newly Registered

Passport Expiring

Post by kashifmasud » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi
I need to get me Tier 1 Visa extension next month but I have just noticed that my Passport is expiring in Sept.
Just wondering do I need to get my passport renewed before I apply, as it can take at least 6-7 weeks to get my new passport.

My Visa is expiring in January though, because I need to travel I thought I get my extension early.

Thanks

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:08 pm

UKBA expect the at least 6 months validity of the passport as per date of application. Its better you get it renewed before your visa application.
Now a days, Tier-1 general renewal has improved significantly and takes around 6 weeks if applied via post.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:08 am

UKBA expect the at least 6 months validity of the passport as per date of application.
Can you provide a reference please?

kashifmasud
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmasud » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 am

Thanks bubin123

Yes I heard processing time for postal application has improved tremendously, but I still worry what if they misplace documents and reject the application (use to happen in past) that means I have to save again to pay this huge application fees.

Following is the link explaining processing times in UK

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

tier1app

Post by tier1app » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Hi I am in a similar situation; however I have about 1.5 years on a 10 year passport. Would it matter if my passport expires prior to my visa (if approved?) Thanks.

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 am

if you from pakistan than go to the embassy and request them to extend your passport by stamping on the page and mention this in your covering letter as same was happen with my friend as well...
Blocked Username