ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Clarence
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit

Post by Clarence » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Hello guys,

I am an European National (Dutch) who has been living in the UK for over 12 years. I have currently a postgraduate student (not working) and got recently married.

My wife is a non-EA national. Even though I am not working, and still a student, will I be able to bring her here under the family permit scheme or are there many pre-conditions that I need to fulfill?

Thanks in advance

Diomond

Re: EEA Family Permit

Post by Diomond » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Clarence wrote:Hello guys,

I am an European National (Dutch) who has been living in the UK for over 12 years. I have currently a postgraduate student (not working) and got recently married.

My wife is a non-EA national. Even though I am not working, and still a student, will I be able to bring her here under the family permit scheme or are there many pre-conditions that I need to fulfill?

Thanks in advance
Yes, you can bring her under eu law, even if you r a student,

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:49 pm

With 12 years' residence, it is possible that you will have achieved Permanent Residence. If this is the case, you would not require to provide evidence of treaty rights (worker, student, self-sufficient). If not, your wife can join you in the UK provided you are a worker, student, self-sufficient person.