ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali90

Post by ali90 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:28 pm

sanny26 wrote:Honestly I don't know what taking homeoffice soo long to decide my case I'm so pissed off right now.kmt they acting like we aint got a life to live to aswel. I pay my money therefore I deserve a decent timing. Its either yes/no so we know what to do from there but when they have your case for how long and then they refuse u its very upsetting
i know how you feel. they took 6 years to refuse my family ILR all the 6 years wait and all we got was a no . there should be a limit of time they can take to decide if they take more time than allowed than they should refund the money as they are paid to make decision not to sit and chill

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:37 pm

ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Honestly I don't know what taking homeoffice soo long to decide my case I'm so pissed off right now.kmt they acting like we aint got a life to live to aswel. I pay my money therefore I deserve a decent timing. Its either yes/no so we know what to do from there but when they have your case for how long and then they refuse u its very upsetting
i know how you feel. they took 6 years to refuse my family ILR all the 6 years wait and all we got was a no . there should be a limit of time they can take to decide if they take more time than allowed than they should refund the money as they are paid to make decision not to sit and chill

That's what I'm saying if your not strong enough it can mess with some people mentally. Some people cannot work or some people loose their house because of this long waiting times.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:45 pm

ali90 wrote:
ali90 6 yrs is very long wait for a refusal. i cannot believe how HO treat humans.

sunny26 dont worrie dear you will have your positive result very soon. try to not think about it, take your children to the park and relax this weekend. :)
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

ali90

Post by ali90 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:08 pm

sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:

That's what I'm saying if your not strong enough it can mess with some people mentally. Some people cannot work or some people loose their house because of this long waiting times.
trust me i have lost it alot of times in past but luckily having good friends family there for me has made me felt better.. i dont have permission to work or go uni because i cant get the loan. and the house is given by section 4 so my life is under their control

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:15 pm

It is all about the culture of the HO. If you do not know them, you will be stressed, depressed for nothing. Because I know them, I am not bothered as I know they will decide my application, one day. I am extending my visa and I have been waiting for 9 months now. Compared to my first application for which I waited 5 years and was granted a 3 years Leave to remain instead of ILR. I used to push them to give me an answer and when the answer came it was not what I expected. I was financially and morally drained. This time, I have decided to give them time to do whatever they want. I will wait for them and I am prepared for any outcomes because I am wiser. Please prepare strategies for possible outcomes that the HO can throw at you. Do not disperse your energy in frustration, you are a winner and stay that way. "We are all in the same boat"

socrates

Post by socrates » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:21 pm

@Sanni, Calm down bro, what else can we do? We have tried all possible means under the law to wake this UKBA up from their slumber ( MP, Ombudsman, Complaint letters) but all to no avail. The only option I think we have is just to pray and wait. I wake up every morning with high hopes and spirit, but once my mails are delivered and my documents are not there, I become a sad man. I have lost my job, my house and just living at the mercy of family and friends. May God help us!!!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:42 pm

socrates wrote:
@Sanni, Calm down bro, what else can we do? We have tried all possible means under the law to wake this UKBA up from their slumber ( MP, Ombudsman, Complaint letters) but all to no avail. The only option I think we have is just to pray and wait. I wake up every morning with high hopes and spirit, but once my mails are delivered and my documents are not there, I become a sad man. I have lost my job, my house and just living at the mercy of family and friends. May God help us!!!
Lol I'm a woman love. But yeah its just that everyday u wake up and thinking yeah today something gona drop through the postbox. I personally didn't expect it to take this long. The same way they decideing the fresh application so quickly y isit they taking forever with ours kmt

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:49 pm

socrates wrote:
Socrates, your comment really touched my heart, dont worry. God will surely restore everything you have lost,he will surely hear your prayer in no time and favour will surely be yours. The Lord almighty will fight your battles for you and you will emerge victorious,dont worry,it is well with you.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:49 pm

@yummymummy&mummytwo....a big amenoo....we shall prevail in Jesus name!

@Ale001...indeed God is at works!

@SDP&Pink nails...ur not alone,I also don't hv British partner nor child and over 25 but I believe God will grant us a stay!So,let's keep the faith and whoever is dealing with our application,let God's work do wonders!!

Have a blessed sunny weekend and let's keep the faith!

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:50 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@mummytwo my dear sis.....amen to yr prayers.....it is the lord that has been doing it for others..he will perfect everythin dat concerns us in jesus name....our ears shall hear good news and our eyes shall see and our mouth shall testify to God's goodness...amen
Amen ooooo, my dearest sis. Thanks for your support and prayers. We must surely rejoice together on this forum. It is a must because it is God's promise for us that we will reap the good of the land.
Enjoy your weekend and God bless you dear.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:55 pm

@babycake

Thanks a lot b, so far I've seen people in similer/even on just bases of they applied as a minor cases been granted on this forum I just hope and pray GOD almighty do the same to us waiting and for does who been refused just bare in mind that delay is no denial :D they just wasting there own time.....

Happy weekend people.

socrates

Post by socrates » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:56 pm

mummytwo wrote:
socrates wrote:
Socrates, your comment really touched my heart, dont worry. God will surely restore everything you have lost,he will surely hear your prayer in no time and favour will surely be yours. The Lord almighty will fight your battles for you and you will emerge victorious,dont worry,it is well with you.
@Mummytwo, Thank you for your encouragement and prayers. May God in his infinite mercies bless you and your family. We shall all celebrate our success in due course.

socrates

Post by socrates » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:03 pm

sanny26 wrote:
socrates wrote:
Lol I'm a woman love. But yeah its just that everyday u wake up and thinking yeah today something gona drop through the postbox. I personally didn't expect it to take this long. The same way they decideing the fresh application so quickly y isit they taking forever with ours kmt
@ Sanny, sorry my dear, didn't know you are a she and by no way would encourage you for a sex change. Lol (we sure need to console ourselves with loads of laughter). your prayers have already been answered. Just claim it. Have a great weekend

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:16 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@babycake

Thanks a lot b, so far I've seen people in similer/even on just bases of they applied as a minor cases been granted on this forum I just hope and pray GOD almighty do the same to us waiting and for does who been refused just bare in mind that delay is no denial :D they just wasting there own time.....

Happy weekend people.
You will be fine because of your age. I am worried for you because i know how it feels.

Ukba is granting indefinite to clear backlog[

Friend got indefinite after student visa extension.

So everyone will be having good news. Soon

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:19 pm

sanny26 wrote:
socrates wrote:
Get back to the ombudsman and find out how long

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

VISA GALORE

Post by yummymummy3j » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:36 pm

i have decided to stop worrying and wait patiently for MY GOOD NEWS to arive in d post cos worrying has not helped i only ended up with depression .......this is another phase in our life and this phase shall pass ....and a new phase of happiness, fulfilment and peace of mind is at hand..........i believe God has seen our tears ,and sufferings and has heard our cries so my people, i declare abundant rain of visas from monday the 15th of july onwards in jesus name
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:38 pm

TO ALL MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS PLEASE USE THIS RAMADAN TO PRAY FOR US ALL

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:42 pm

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
socrates wrote:

Hun I contacted my mp again yesterday and told them that my daughters meant to be attending a family wedding overseas that they taking part in and I wana request my daughters british passports. Homeoffice let my kids feel like illegals. Its nearly 2 weeks ago ombudsman contact them I thought I would of heard something by then. I'm wondering if its just that 1 caseworker whose issuing the indefinate.

majojo

Post by majojo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:46 pm

babycakes wrote:
ONLYME1 wrote:@babycake

Happy weekend people.
You will be fine because of your age. I am worried for you because i know how it feels.

Ukba is granting indefinite to clear backlog[

Friend got indefinite after student visa extension.

So everyone will be having good news. Soon
Maaaaaan ukba chale they have to grant me some o. Did bio in march Omo baba God please pleeeaaaae grant me good news this week AMEEERRN TO US ALLL

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 pm

sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
socrates wrote:

Hun I contacted my mp again yesterday and told them that my daughters meant to be attending a family wedding overseas that they taking part in and I wana request my daughters british passports. Homeoffice let my kids feel like illegals. Its nearly 2 weeks ago ombudsman contact them I thought I would of heard something by then. I'm wondering if its just that 1 caseworker whose issuing the indefinate.

I really don't think so, the ukba has to respond to the ombudsman within 10 days or so after which they will tell the ombudsman when they intend to resolve this.They told me they would resolve it within in 2 weeks and they did just 2 days short of the 2 weeks

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:33 pm

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

I really don't think so, the ukba has to respond to the ombudsman within 10 days or so after which they will tell the ombudsman when they intend to resolve this.They told me they would resolve it within in 2 weeks and they did just 2 days short of the 2 weeks
Homeoffice sent ombudsman email on the 1st july about they gona do urgent consideration and get back to me shortly. But I'm still waiting lol I guess the caseworker whose dealing with my case don't know what the word urgent means.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:12 pm

how do you contact ombudsman ? and could they make the ukba consider the decision quicker

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:52 pm

ali90 wrote:how do you contact ombudsman ? and could they make the ukba consider the decision quicker
Through your mp

ali90

Post by ali90 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:53 pm

sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:how do you contact ombudsman ? and could they make the ukba consider the decision quicker
Through your mp
Oh my mp ain't any good help he just says that oh wait for decision

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:58 am

In the news this morning,its gona take 37 years to clear the backlog by the time its cleared I would be 64 year old. Lol. They just change the name of the agency but in reality everything is still the same the amount of outstanding application there is in the homeoffice its astonishing. Smh