ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:29 am

sanny26 wrote:In the news this morning,its gona take 37 years to clear the backlog by the time its cleared I would be 64 year old. Lol. They just change the name of the agency but in reality everything is still the same the amount of outstanding application there is in the homeoffice its astonishing. Smh

I don't understand why they cannot just grant everyone an amnesty cos economically, it's been proven that the govt will be better of if only Boris Johnson or the liberal democrats had been the PM chai, this would have been resolved and illegal immigration, Count set to zero. The conservatives always according to history make the country worse off each time they are in power. Imagine a man who was born rich never worked in his life ruling a country. David Cameron is a joke!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 am

dapsonlee wrote:
sanny26 wrote:In the news this morning,its gona take 37 years to clear the backlog by the time its cleared I would be 64 year old. Lol. They just change the name of the agency but in reality everything is still the same the amount of outstanding application there is in the homeoffice its astonishing. Smh

I don't understand why they cannot just grant everyone an amnesty cos economically, it's been proven that the govt will be better of if only Boris Johnson or the liberal democrats had been the PM chai, this would have been resolved and illegal immigration, Count set to zero. The conservatives always according to history make the country worse off each time they are in power. Imagine a man who was born rich never worked in his life ruling a country. David Cameron is a joke!

I'm telling yah I think the only way out is amnesty because while they have the backlog there's thousands of application still coming in. The government needs to put more money in the agency instead of cutting staff. What's the point of cutting staff and then you have to hire more people to clear backlog. Silly... I just want tthem to release our documents.. I wonder how many applications caseworker allowed to consider daily,because it seems like my caseworker only consider 1 application a day. Application been with caseworker for the past 3 and half weeks but yet still no news.kmt

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:12 am

dapsonlee wrote:

I'm telling yah I think the only way out is amnesty because while they have the backlog there's thousands of application still coming in. The government needs to put more money in the agency instead of cutting staff. What's the point of cutting staff and then you have to hire more people to clear backlog. Silly... I just want tthem to release our documents.. I wonder how many applications caseworker allowed to consider daily,because it seems like my caseworker only consider 1 application a day. Application been with caseworker for the past 3 and half weeks but yet still no news.kmt

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Hi All

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:16 am

Hi Sanny26 and dapsonlee, been a while my dear friends. Interesting indiscreet lobbying for an amnesty by the Home Affairs selection committee in this piece in the media
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23295435.

Good riddance to Rob Whiteman - Absolute hogwash or Rhubarb (as boris Johnson would call it !!!) that no severance package will be paid. They sacked him, of course compensation will follow!!!

The Conservatives will never boldly come out and grant an amnesty as they will not be in power in two years time. Immigration is their trump card and saviour so they think.

Anyways congrats to all those that have been granted their leave. When you calculate the permutations and combinations for guessing the correct lottery numbers, you are more likely to succeed than predict your outcome from the HO. Some of the decision making beggars belief.

The fight and struggle continues for the rest of us. Chidy you are on point. Sit tight let them take their time and at some stage they will have to give you an answer whether they like it or not. This stuff is not for the faint hearted though.

Enjoy the glorious sunshine. Forget your troubles come get happy, sing allelujah come on get happy *whistling and singing*

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Apols broken link

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:34 am

My sincere apologies for the broken link in my earlier post

http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/news/uk ... s-23295435

*still singing* Forget your troubles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-rBZREQMw

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:36 am

sanny26 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

@sanny26 your case is pretty much a straight forward yes/no based on the fact that its a renewal as well. Sigh!!! The rebranding of UKBA is just another flop of the govt (repainting an old house and calling it new) who are they fooling exactly. They call the rest of the world corrupt whilst they are making money off illegal immigrants (indirectly) cos they do all the dirty jobs for peanuts (modern day slavery). I believe wholeheartedly you will hear your good news in couple of days cos everyday we wake up is a day closer to our freedom. Keep the faith sister, you have come this far. Just a few hours left till you rejoice.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: Apols broken link

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:43 am

Believe2013 wrote:My sincere apologies for the broken link in my earlier post

http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/news/uk ... s-23295435

*still singing* Forget your troubles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-rBZREQMw
Lol at the YouTube video. Very inspiring song. Well Home office will never clear that log. Not under this regime. Unfortunately there are more but that's perhaps the numbers that they want us to believe the actual figure is over 823,000. Crazy as it sounds but I suppose that's gonna be the next govt's problem. Playing with lives of people like its a chess game. God never sleeps. It will come to an end someday, all it takes is just one politician who knows what to go against the wishes of the rich people in the drivers seat of the country.

How far though any update on your case?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:24 am

Well I filed (just under two weeks ago) the application for permission to the Court for a JR still waiting on the judge's decision to allow the Review. Will wait until next week or so. I asked my Counsel to write another strongly worded letter following up on the Pre Action Protocol letter sent to the Judiciary Review Unit but this time to the caseworker unit in Sheffield asking them to acknowledge whether or not the PAP was passed on to them. Its more a case the Judiciary Review Unit in Croydon just sit on the documents as per usual - Well it's a nice way of blowing smoke up their backsides. if I had it my way I would shove a dynamite up there! Anyways the PAP is almost 45 days over due and still no response! Oh, not to mention its been 8 days since writing to the ombudsman and I didn't even get an acknowledgement email or letter. I know Ombudsman is a parliamentary system etc. I think the most important thing is to maintain a positive outlook whilst making sure no stone is left unturned when you are dealing with the HO. I thought my case was pretty straight forward and I had good representation, wow was I wrong! I was complacent and they caught me with my guard down. Not this time.

Things happen for a reason, I am learning a new skill everyday and coming up with fantastic business ideas so once all this stuff is behind me- I am getting out there all guns blazing. Wouldn't have made it this far without GOD though

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:36 am

Lol I am 22 not even married yet if it going to take 30± years to clear backlog then I think I am going to get old alone with ukba lol

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:56 am

Good to see guys being humorous this morning, especially Sanny26, good news is on the way 4 u soon......imagine a case taking 37 years to b considered. How ridiculous is that??!!!! Kmt. Anyway they have no choice bt to grant Visas to people in Jesus name. Any more recommendation on good solicitors in London?

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Ma logo wrote:Good to see guys being humorous this morning, especially Sanny26, good news is on the way 4 u soon......imagine a case taking 37 years to b considered. How ridiculous is that??!!!! Kmt. Anyway they have no choice bt to grant Visas to people in Jesus name. Any more recommendation on good solicitors in London?
What part of London.

Marks and marks in Harrow are good too lots of experience
Last edited by ali90 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Ma logo wrote:Good to see guys being humorous this morning, especially Sanny26, good news is on the way 4 u soon......imagine a case taking 37 years to b considered. How ridiculous is that??!!!! Kmt. Anyway they have no choice bt to grant Visas to people in Jesus name. Any more recommendation on good solicitors in London?
Lol amen. On the solicitors note, I know these guys to be good, very reliable and they don't put your hope in a basket if you understand the saying but try them (farani and Taylor phone: 0207 242 7306)

rec212

Post by rec212 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:24 pm

I would like to inform you that i have been refused for the second time with no right to appeal.
Anyway at the end of the refusal letter it says: shoulf you fail contacting the enforcement, removal decisions may be taken against you which may generate the right of appeal.
Are they trying to say that i can appeal?
Or should i proceed with a PAP?
Help guys!!

P.s: there is a mistake in the refusal letter: i entered the uk in 2012 but the caseworker typed 2004 instead.
My wife cant relocate to my home country because of her illness and guess what he said: even with a degree of hardship, it does not mean you cannot relocate for one or more individuals concened!

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:53 pm

rec212 wrote:I would like to inform you that i have been refused for the second time with no right to appeal.
Anyway at the end of the refusal letter it says: shoulf you fail contacting the enforcement, removal decisions may be taken against you which may generate the right of appeal.
Help guys!!

P.s: there is a mistake in the refusal letter: i entered the uk in 2012 but the caseworker typed 2004 instead.
My wife cant relocate to my home country because of her illness and guess what he said: even with a degree of hardship, it does not mean you cannot relocate for one or more individuals concened!
They will always say that you have no right to appeal but if you go to a good lawyer I am sure they will find a way out to appeal and could use that 2004 mistake as a reason to appeal

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Solicitors

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:59 pm

Renaissance Chambers, A bunch of Barristers. One of the guys Colin yeo I know quite well runs a blog called free Movement http://www.freemovement.org.uk/

These guys are the bees knees sadly I should have got them to put in my initial application. Hindsight is a brilliant thing but hey ho onwards and upwards!!!!

Avoid SUNRISE SOLICITORS - if you can, in a nutshell INCOMPETENT and are chancers! They experiment their trainees on you and demand an absolute fortune for nothing grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Solicitors

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Renaissance Chambers, A bunch of Barristers. One of the guys Colin yeo I know quite well runs a blog called free Movement http://www.freemovement.org.uk/

These guys are the bees knees sadly I should have got them to put in my initial application. Hindsight is a brilliant thing but hey ho onwards and upwards!!!!

Avoid SUNRISE SOLICITORS - if you can, in a nutshell INCOMPETENT and are chancers! They experiment their trainees on you and demand an absolute fortune for nothing grrrrrrrrrrrr!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:05 pm

rec212 wrote:I would like to inform you that i have been refused for the second time with no right to appeal.
Help guys!!

Proceed with the reconsideration. You just wasted application money applying again but good they didnt waste ur time. Why dont you apply from your home country for a spouse visa.
Godgives

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Help guys!!

You can not appeal the decision , but you CAN appeal removal directions. In order to do that you need to wait for removal directions to be issued then apply to tribunal for a permission to appeal. Once you done that you must phone enforcement folk and give them your ref number from tribunal so that they know to leave you alone.
You need solicitor for it btw, its not just 2004 or 2012 mistake there needs to be more.
Good luck!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Re: Solicitors

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Renaissance Chambers, A bunch of Barristers. One of the guys Colin yeo I know quite well runs a blog called free Movement http://www.freemovement.org.uk/

Reneissance chambers I second that!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:25 pm

@Rec12 Sorry to hear that.

Ok here are your options

1) Either sit tight and wait for the removal notice to come, WHICH SHOULD come with a right of appeal. Only Danger is it may take ages to come and you are in Limbo and out of the three months grace period you are supposed to file a JR from the date of refusal.

2) Issue a PAP like in my case just to buy yourself a bit of time, no guarantees they will respond to you, it's been 45 days and I've heard nothing from them they were supposed to respond in 14 days. It's expensive business PAPs. otherwise you could draft one yourself and include crucial legal statements! Il va sans dire JR should be filed within 3 months of refusal.

3) You could apply straight for JR there is no legal requirement for a PAP BUT in the legal profession a PAP is a courtesy thing its upholding law profession ethics(believe it or not lawyers have ethics!) Judges do tend to look for a PAP but some don't just depends. if you have a good strong case you should be ok!

God strength to you my friend!

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

Post by grenadagirl » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:39 pm

I know some useless people who got their papers and I'm wondering how and why.... I wish I sorted mine out a few years back when the ukba was weak, now they are refusing everyone and changing rules. Yes it's good to stay positive but with these people you never know, all the useless people who come to the UK to be greedy has spoilt this opportunity for real hard working immigrants.

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Looking at the news this morning with half a million applications pending I wonder if HO has come up,. with this figure just to push the dead line to winter...just a thought !

rec212

Post by rec212 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:27 pm

I dont realy have a strong case, i am married to a BC and been here for 8 months now but they made a mistake o the refusal letter saying i have been here here since 2004 and that i had no evidence to prove such thing...
Also my wife cant get her right type of insuline and cannot speak or socialise in py home country but they didnt consider that either...

majojo

Post by majojo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:36 pm

rec212 wrote:I dont realy have a strong case, i am married to a BC and been here for 8 months now but they made a mistake o the refusal letter saying i have been here here since 2004 and that i had no evidence to prove such thing...
Also my wife cant get her right type of insuline and cannot speak or socialise in py home country but they didnt consider that either...
Hi if I may ask were you am overstayers or you had a student visa or something? And does your wife work as well?? What's your story like intes of financ and what flro did you apply did you apply for the flro 10 year partner route??

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:33 pm

@rec

Am so sorry for your outcome.....am no prefesional at this but I would sugguest you lay low for the time been build up your marriage/family, have kids and intergrate more with the uk to build up more ties.

Ukba are heartless people and form flr o is based on compassionate and there descrition so its in there hands now and things they consider mainly are your previous immigration status/ ties in the uk / reason why you can't return to your home country etc but at the moment they know/feel that your married to a bc is just to obtain papers and secondly ur first application at the time of refusal ur visa was still valid there for you choose to overstay on purpose lastly 8months isn't a long enough time but if you can get an appeal am sure you can win it on the grounds of your ill partner and defficulties to intergrate in ur home country but its on a 50/50 chances....this is just my opinion.

Some girl ino came in here when she was 14 and now she's 19 they granted her on the basis that she was under 18 at the time of application and have attended school n college there for she has intergrated with uk and would be unfair to ask her to leave as she was a minor at the time of she brigde her previous status...please build your family up and have more ties..... If you don't have a child its really hard

All the best