ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Queries.

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Haider wrote:Hi, great guys of ILR (10yrs) forum:

I am going to apply around middle of August, 2013 under the same category but really appreciate some light on the following queries.

a. My paper passport will expire on October, 2013 and my existing Tier 4 visa is on a Biometric card, do I need to renew my paper passport before I send my application?

I think you can apply for your passport renewal 1 year before it expires for most of the countries... check with your embassy and if it is the case apply and then send both the old and new passports

b. Can I start working full-time after I send the application although my course has not finished yet?

Technically no but people do if they can find one. your fine as long as you don't get caught javascript:emoticon(':P')

c. My Pearson Academic certificate on English, will expire on Sept, 2013. Do I need to take another one to submit it with the ILR application? Does it say somewhere, if you pass your life in UK test (take in English) than you don't need a separate language test.

You have to take Life in UK and its in English only.. and yes that is enough...you don't need a English exam certificate to apply for ILR under 10 yr Long residency rule

c. Can someone plz send the weblink to email HO about any immigration query.

Thnx
Mohammad
:P

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:27 pm

pretzel12 wrote:Hi guys,

Can someone please help me out?

Some of you will know that I intend to apply for ILR sometime mid August. Thanks to the advice I was given by the kind people on this forum, I have sent an SAR to Home Office on 30th of May. I sent the SAR for one purpose only: I don't have the copy of my biometic document that covers my stay between 2009 and 2011 (I have the letter from Home Office, but not the copy of biometric card).

When I filled out the SAR, in the Types of records required I ticked 'Electronic Records' box and in the Further Details I wrote that I was asking for the copy of my biometric document, gave the reference number and the date when it was issued.
None of us had the copy of previous biometrics card with us... we still got...

don't need SAR if that is the only reason

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: FLR O application refused

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:31 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

Please advice me, my dependents visa have been refused by mentioned they don't have family life here, they cant spend life in other country. Even my application is under process for ILR on basis of ten year rule.

amjad
Bit confused with the reason. can you rephrase it

2. what visa did you applied for dependants...what form did you applied on...
How come they were given and extended dependant visas all these years and now says that they don't have family life here.

could you give us bit more details

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Call them. 0870 6061166

quote="pretzel12"]Hi guys,

Can someone please help me out?

Some of you will know that I intend to apply for ILR sometime mid August. Thanks to the advice I was given by the kind people on this forum, I have sent an SAR to Home Office on 30th of May. I sent the SAR for one purpose only: I don't have the copy of my biometic document that covers my stay between 2009 and 2011 (I have the letter from Home Office, but not the copy of biometric card).

When I filled out the SAR, in the Types of records required I ticked 'Electronic Records' box and in the Further Details I wrote that I was asking for the copy of my biometric document, gave the reference number and the date when it was issued.

HO sent a letter yesterday with the information of my first visa, i.e. the visa I received in 2003 at the British Embassy in my country. They also made a slight error in my post code, thankfully the postman brought to the right address.

Did I make a mistake? Do I send them another letter to say that they sent me the data I hadn't asked for? Please help. Thank you.[/quote]

rayhanali
Newly Registered

10 years Long residence dependants

Post by rayhanali » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Need Help,
I 've got my ILR in June 2013 on the basis of 10 years long residence.
My dependants my wife & son they are living with me for the last 8 years
(7 years dependants as tier 4 + 1year as PSW dependants).
their visa will be expires on June 2014, which they were issued on Sep 2012.

My query is Can they apply direct for ILR, or they need to go through the process of dependants eg FLR M?

ks026
Newly Registered

Docs received

Post by ks026 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Yesterday, DX guy delivered ILR biometric card. Today I received the pp and documents back in the post. Its all good and wish every one good luck on this stressful journey to live in this country.

I am going to try and update sky drive i.e if I can get in.

z18runway

Re: Docs received

Post by z18runway » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:11 pm

ks026 wrote:Yesterday, DX guy delivered ILR biometric card. Today I received the pp and documents back in the post. Its all good and wish every one good luck on this stressful journey to live in this country.

I am going to try and update sky drive i.e if I can get in.
congratulations

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:40 pm

congrats to all ILR received this week.....I am also waiting,but I gave twice a times of Biometric coz HO said they have not received my first one....shock....my Time line are:

10/05/13: SET(LR) form send
17/05/13:Ack received
29/05/13:First Finger print
28/06/13Second Finger print
BRP and passport still waiting

Guys pls pray for me....I will also pray for you all for your ILR

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:29 pm

saanju9 wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

Please advice me, my dependents visa have been refused by mentioned they don't have family life here, they cant spend life in other country. Even my application is under process for ILR on basis of ten year rule.

amjad
Bit confused with the reason. can you rephrase it

2. what visa did you applied for dependants...what form did you applied on...
How come they were given and extended dependant visas all these years and now says that they don't have family life here.
I
could you give us bit more details
I have applied flro form bais of private life even my llr application pending for decision

sq

Post by sq » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:13 am

Hi there, I am new to this forum but silent reader.

Applied ILR on 10 years basis:-
Application send: 05/02/2013
Biometric received: 15/02/2013
ILR biometric received: 02/07/2013
Paper work received: 03/07/2013>

Straight forward case 6 years student and four year HSMP.

I applied for my wife FLR (M) on 25/02/2013.
Biometric done 15/03/2013.

My question is I need to send my ILR photo copies for my wife visa or I need to call home office and inform about my visa, could u please advisie me tnx

MALIK_KHAN
Newly Registered

SAMPLE OF COVER LETTER FOR DEPENDENTS

Post by MALIK_KHAN » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:03 am

Hi to every one and specially to some senior memebers on this forum.

I AM GOING TO APPLY FOR MY ILR(LR) IN AUGUST BUT AS MY DEPENDENT VISA IS EXPIRING WITH ME AS WELL NEXT MONTH SO I WILL HAVE TO APPLY FOR THEM ALONG MY APPLICATION

MY QUESTION IS THAT I HEARD I WILL HAVE TO SUBMIT A SEPERATE COVERING LETTER WITH MY DEPENDENT APPLICATION (FLR(M)) TO REQUEST TO PUT THIS APPLICATION ON HOLD UNTILL THE MAIN APPLICANT APPLICATION CAN BE DECIDED BUT I DONT KNOW THE FORMAT OR THE TEXT FOR THAT LETTER

CAN ANY ONE PLZ GIVE ME LINK WHERE I CAN HAVE A SAMPLE OF THAT COVERING LETTER.
THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE.

pretzel12
Newly Registered

Post by pretzel12 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:06 am

saanju9 wrote:None of us had the copy of previous biometrics card with us... we still got... don't need SAR if that is the only reason
ppycrmt wrote:Call them. 0870 6061166
Just a quick thank you to saanju9 and ppycrmt. I sent a letter to them today requesting the copy that I had originally asked for. Will try calling them tomorrow.

Thanks.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:34 am

Hi everyone my family flro application refused case worker mentioned they dont have family life here even 8 year 6 month in this country, even my ilr application is pending , please on rule 7 year child in this country, and private and family life , please need everyone prayers for me stuck inn the middle regards amjad

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:21 am

What docs did you send?
Bhupal wrote:congrats to all ILR received this week.....I am also waiting,but I gave twice a times of Biometric coz HO said they have not received my first one....shock....my Time line are:

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Congrats....I think you have to send them photocopy of yours ILR just to prove them...
sq wrote:Hi there, I am new to this forum but silent reader.

Applied ILR on 10 years basis:-
Application send: 05/02/2013
Biometric received: 15/02/2013
ILR biometric received: 02/07/2013
Paper work received: 03/07/2013>

Straight forward case 6 years student and four year HSMP.

I applied for my wife FLR (M) on 25/02/2013.
Biometric done 15/03/2013.

My question is I need to send my ILR photo copies for my wife visa or I need to call home office and inform about my visa, could u please advisie me tnx

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks ppyrmt...I send my two old and new passport,SetLR form,1051 Postal order,and covering letter
ppycrmt wrote:What docs did you send?
Bhupal wrote:congrats to all ILR received this week.....I am also waiting,but I gave twice a times of Biometric coz HO said they have not received my first one....shock....my Time line are:

r4rashed
Newly Registered

Post by r4rashed » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:55 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone my family flro application refused case worker mentioned they dont have family life here even 8 year 6 month in this country, even my ilr application is pending , please on rule 7 year child in this country, and private and family life , please need everyone prayers for me stuck inn the middle regards amjad
Sorry to hear that amjad. First of all you should have applied FLR M with a cover letter like everybody else did with SET LR cases whose dependends visa was expiring same time as main applicant.
Now you have right of appeall. You can appeal with mentioning the fact that you are about to secure ILR and your dependends should be given LTR on your ILR basis. In the mean time if your ILR is approved before your appeale hearing, your case will be even stronger. You need a compitant soliciter who could argue about all the fact related to your case. In the meantime get FLR M application ready for your dependends so that if God forbid your appeal is refused, you could apply FLR M immidiatly on your settlement basis.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:02 pm

And what does this covering letter involve?
Bhupal wrote:Thanks ppyrmt...I send my two old and new passport,SetLR form,1051 Postal order,and covering letter
ppycrmt wrote:What docs did you send?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: SAMPLE OF COVER LETTER FOR DEPENDENTS

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:27 am

MALIK_KHAN wrote:Hi to every one and specially to some senior memebers on this forum.

I AM GOING TO APPLY FOR MY ILR(LR) IN AUGUST BUT AS MY DEPENDENT VISA IS EXPIRING WITH ME AS WELL NEXT MONTH SO I WILL HAVE TO APPLY FOR THEM ALONG MY APPLICATION

MY QUESTION IS THAT I HEARD I WILL HAVE TO SUBMIT A SEPERATE COVERING LETTER WITH MY DEPENDENT APPLICATION (FLR(M)) TO REQUEST TO PUT THIS APPLICATION ON HOLD UNTILL THE MAIN APPLICANT APPLICATION CAN BE DECIDED BUT I DONT KNOW THE FORMAT OR THE TEXT FOR THAT LETTER

CAN ANY ONE PLZ GIVE ME LINK WHERE I CAN HAVE A SAMPLE OF THAT COVERING LETTER.
THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE.

Covering Letter to Link FLR(M) with SET(LR)
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

pilotrr786
Newly Registered

Alhamdulillah ILR received

Post by pilotrr786 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:50 am

Hi Guys,
Alhamdulillah ILR Received.

submitted: 10/12/2012
confirmation:12/12/2012
fingerprints recved:18/01/2013
fingerprints done: 04/02/2013
Granted: 28/06/2013
Received: 03/07/2013

No Solicitor used. Straightforward case.

Guys, can someone tell me how much time I have to apply for flrm for my wife as she is on Tier1General Dependent and her current visa (Tier1General Dependent) is till March 2014 ?

sghope
Newly Registered

MP letter

Post by sghope » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:19 am

Does anybody know how to write a letter/ an email to his/ her local MP to expedite the application? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Zainy

Re: MP letter

Post by Zainy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:55 am

sghope wrote:Does anybody know how to write a letter/ an email to his/ her local MP to expedite the application? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
You can find out your MP details over the Internet, just google it to find your MP.Then you have to put your post code and your MP details will be on the screen with a link to his/her email address.

pilotrr786
Newly Registered

Post by pilotrr786 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:59 am

sghope wrote:Does anybody know how to write a letter/ an email to his/ her local MP to expedite the application? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
You can email or post a letter, explaining your situation , when you applied, when you expected results and explain like if your 6 months timeframe provided is finished. Your application reference number, address you are living in and the date you have applied. And ask her if MP can request update from UKBA on your behalf.
Dont expect MP reply next day. My MP took two weeks or so to reply.

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:31 pm

See if this template serves your purpose.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:30 am

Congrat pilotrr786....any good news from our ILR new application