ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in Surname Query urgent??? please????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpTry

Change in Surname Query urgent??? please????

Post by hsmpTry » Fri May 04, 2007 9:50 am

My name is Twisha, I am from India. I am planning to apply for HSMP from India. My maiden mane is Twisha Swami and my married name is Twisha Bhardwaj (As I have marred since last 2 ½ years. I am married under Hindu marriage rituals and I have marriage certificate issued by the Government.

I have few queries about the application and I kindly request you provide some help regarding the same. I have some documents in my maiden name i.e. Twisha Swami and some documents in married name i.e. Twisha Bhardwaj. My passport is in my maiden name, and so the IELTS exam that I have given is also on my maiden name. All the educational degrees are on maiden name. The salary slips and Tax Documents have married name. I don’t want to change the name on the passport because it has a 10 yrs visiting VISA to USA, if I change the name on the passport this visa will also be invalid in that case.

1. Please guide me that under which name should I apply (married or maiden).
2. There are some documents in maiden name and some in married name, can I supply both the documents as evidences to score points under the HSMP scheme.
3. If I supply documents under different surnames i.e. maiden and married name, will that evidences be considered as appropriate one for HSMP Application.
4. Regarding earnings and work experience points, I am having employer's reference in my married mane also my tax return is in my married name, but passport and all other documents have maiden name, so please guide me that whether this will be considered appropriate to award points or not?
5. Do I need to supply some more supporting evidences, other then the marriage certificate, like and affidavit in the court indicating the same identity of myself? i.e. Maiden name and married name.

Please let me know whether my application may be refused or not under this circumstances where the married and maiden name are different in spite of having same identity.

Eagerly waiting and will be thankful to receive co-operation from your side.

Waiting for your soon and kind reply.

Please advice ???????????????

Regards,
Twisha Bhardwaj

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Fri May 04, 2007 1:08 pm

Is there anyone who has same case as mine ??????????
Senior memebers .... Please suggest???

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri May 04, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi,

Apply with your married name (Current name) .
You can supply all your Docs ..Make sure to attach your Marriage Certificate which shows your BOTH names ..( I think in Marriage Certificate they write your maiden and Married name)..

Also mention in your Cover letter clearly about your names and chages to it..

I think that shd. suffice...

Ashish

PASS

Re: Change in Surname Query urgent??? please????

Post by PASS » Sat May 05, 2007 6:22 am

hsmpTry wrote:My name is Twisha, I am from India. I am planning to apply for HSMP from India. My maiden mane is Twisha Swami and my married name is Twisha Bhardwaj (As I have marred since last 2 ½ years. I am married under Hindu marriage rituals and I have marriage certificate issued by the Government.

I have few queries about the application and I kindly request you provide some help regarding the same. I have some documents in my maiden name i.e. Twisha Swami and some documents in married name i.e. Twisha Bhardwaj. My passport is in my maiden name, and so the IELTS exam that I have given is also on my maiden name. All the educational degrees are on maiden name. The salary slips and Tax Documents have married name. I don’t want to change the name on the passport because it has a 10 yrs visiting VISA to USA, if I change the name on the passport this visa will also be invalid in that case.

1. Please guide me that under which name should I apply (married or maiden).
2. There are some documents in maiden name and some in married name, can I supply both the documents as evidences to score points under the HSMP scheme.
3. If I supply documents under different surnames i.e. maiden and married name, will that evidences be considered as appropriate one for HSMP Application.
4. Regarding earnings and work experience points, I am having employer's reference in my married mane also my tax return is in my married name, but passport and all other documents have maiden name, so please guide me that whether this will be considered appropriate to award points or not?
5. Do I need to supply some more supporting evidences, other then the marriage certificate, like and affidavit in the court indicating the same identity of myself? i.e. Maiden name and married name.

Please let me know whether my application may be refused or not under this circumstances where the married and maiden name are different in spite of having same identity.

Eagerly waiting and will be thankful to receive co-operation from your side.

Waiting for your soon and kind reply.

Please advice ???????????????

Regards,
Twisha Bhardwaj
If I sum-up your information,

All your educational documents + passport are : Twisha Swami 'A'
All your supporting documents (mainly financial): Twisha Bhardwaj 'B'

Because your passport is in 'A' you should apply with 'A'

When you claim points for 'B' attach your marriage certificate and explain that 'it is usual practice in India, womans are automatically recogoinsed with husband's name’.

You should always apply with your name in your passport or get name changed in your passport (I think, it is a simple endorsment in your current passport).

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:45 am

Hi,
I would like to share my experience:

Initially I used my first name but later I started using my surname too and I ended up in following situation:
(i) My educational certificates, passport with US business visa (FNU), PAN card, first two companies related documents, a bank account, mobile bills, ITRs and even marriage certificate etc. were having my first name only.
(ii) My later companies related documents, ITRs, property papers, new bank accounts, electricity bill etc. had my surname too.
My passport was expiring and I had to apply for new one and I wanted to put my surname too.I got my new passport with my surname only after following hectic exercise:(i) Affidavit for name change (ii)Advertisements in two newspapers (iii) Gazette Notification (as it was asked by passport office).
I applied with Gazette Notification money receipt and got the passport. later I got the published gazette which I keep for reference. I was suggested by my company's travel support executive that i can still travel to US on visa which was not having my surname) as my old passport would always be there along with the new one but when I emailed US Embassy and was advised that I should take a fresh business visa before going to US to avoid risk at the time of entry to US. So I applied for fresh business visa and my old visa was marked as 'Cancelled Without Prejudice'.
For HSMP under old scheme I contacted my initial companies and got fresh experience certificates (according to HSMP template) which were having my surname too. I also put notarized copies of my passports (old and new). I used my education documents as it is as those were having my father's name (along with his surname).

I always thought that mine case was complex but yours is more. Here is my suggestion:
(i) You should use your latest name (i.e. the name after marraige).
(ii) Write an email to US Embassy mentioning your case. Their rules can be lenient for ladies (as it is very common for a woman to use husband's surname after marriage). Also you should note that getting US visa is very easy these days and you can get it with your new name too.
(iii)Get your name changed on your passport. Also get entered your husband's name in your passport. This could be easily done based on your marriage certificate. I am not sure whether in case of change in surname after marriage one needs affidavit and other formalities. But these documents will help you in your case for HSMP

Now when you apply for HSMP you would still have some evidences having your maiden name. For this you should clearly mention your case in form of an 'Explanation Page' that documents before your marriage are having your maiden name and latest document are having your current name so that 'Case Worker' can easily understand your case. (You should also put your marriage certificate / affidavit etc.)

Regards,
ns7

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:48 am

( You can also send a query to Home Office mentioning your case and getting suggestion from them )

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Mon May 07, 2007 9:50 am

Thanks a lot guys for all your efforts ....

Here is what i have got from all the replies

Option 1 - Apply with the same name as in passport and explain about the name change in the in documets like ITR, Salary Slips etc.

In this option I am planning to make following documents
1. An affidevit which will certify both names against a photograph something of this sort.
2. I will provide my driving licsence which has a photograph with old name and the PAN card which has a married name.
3. Marriage certificate which will show that I am married to someone with Bhardwaj surname.
4. A Letter explaining the story.

Option 2 - Change the name in passport for which I will have to work hard for my US visa (which I am ready to scarifice if that makes life easy for me to explain the case worker).

In this option I have few queries
1. When I change the surname in the passport will they issue me a new passport? if yes then why is there a column which asks "Do you have any valid VISA".
2. If the name is changed on the passport then how will I explain that IELTS and other documents like date of birth certificate, Educational Documents are for same girl, which means that again I will have to explain things as mentioned in option 1?

ns7 can you please provide me the email address for home office where i can put up my story ??? Please let me know if you have one??? I have been looking for it ..

Please guys I am sure there should be a solution to this, and once we get that It will help many more who have seen story.....
I am plannign to apply in May

Thanks & Regards,
Twisha

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Mon May 07, 2007 9:51 am

Thanks a lot guys for all your efforts ....

Here is what i have got from all the replies

Option 1 - Apply with the same name as in passport and explain about the name change in the in documets like ITR, Salary Slips etc.

In this option I am planning to make following documents
1. An affidevit which will certify both names against a photograph something of this sort.
2. I will provide my driving licsence which has a photograph with old name and the PAN card which has a married name.
3. Marriage certificate which will show that I am married to someone with Bhardwaj surname.
4. A Letter explaining the story.

Option 2 - Change the name in passport for which I will have to work hard for my US visa (which I am ready to scarifice if that makes life easy for me to explain the case worker).

In this option I have few queries
1. When I change the surname in the passport will they issue me a new passport? if yes then why is there a column which asks "Do you have any valid VISA".
2. If the name is changed on the passport then how will I explain that IELTS and other documents like date of birth certificate, Educational Documents are for same girl, which means that again I will have to explain things as mentioned in option 1?

ns7 can you please provide me the email address for home office where i can put up my story ??? Please let me know if you have one??? I have been looking for it ..

Please guys I am sure there should be a solution to this, and once we get that It will help many more who have seen story.....
I am plannign to apply in May

Thanks & Regards,
Twisha

sanyam
Newly Registered

Post by sanyam » Mon May 07, 2007 10:48 am

Hi,
The same was the case with my wife when we applied for EC in April. We used here name as per passport, as you can apply as per the name in passport only (maiden name) and we got the visa. So you can safely go by this route :) With the employers, you can have your married name in their records.

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Mon May 07, 2007 11:12 am

thanks sanyam ... you look like an angel to me right now ... :)

can you please explain me what all docuemnts you sent to HOME OFFIC efor HSMP application???

did you explain that why the name on passport and TAX return is different ???
did you provide any affidevit for same or not ???

Please reply soon
Twisha

sanyam
Newly Registered

Post by sanyam » Mon May 07, 2007 11:30 am

Hi Twisha,
Well, I was the main applicant for HSMP and not my wife. For HSMP approval, you should send the marriage certificate which states the maiden name (Twisha Swami) and your husband Mr. Bhardwaj. In the cover letter, you SHOULD specify this and explain and few of the docs in are maiden name and few in married name. Remember, its always better to send more and more documents :)

hsmpTry

PLEASE Reivew ???? complicated application ???

Post by hsmpTry » Mon May 07, 2007 11:48 am

thanks snyam,

You proved to be little angel :)
I think I am looking for a BIG angel :) ...

here is what i am planning to do .... guys please advice something is wrong???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Orginal birth certificate
- Original driving Liscence
- 10th Std Pass certificate showing DOB
- Notorised copy of Passport pages showing DOB

12 months Earning
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Form-16 from "Previous Company 1"
- Appointment letter from "Previous Company 1" showing dates of joining etc.
- Appointment letter from "Current Company" showing dates of joining etc.
- Salary certificate from "Previous Company 1" on letterhead and sigend + stamped showing the HDFC A/C number of the Bank where salary is trasfered
- Salary certificate from "Current Company" on letterhead and sigend + stamped showing the UTI A/C number of the Bank where salary is trasfered
- 2 Salary Slips from "Previous Company 1" from MAY-JUN on letterhead and sigend + stamped showing the A/C number of the Bank where salary is trasfered
- 10 salary slips from "Current company" from JULY-APR on letterhead and sigend + stamped showing the A/C number of the Bank where salary is trasfered
- Bank Statements from HDFC showing the Salary Transactions in the account (this shows the source name)
- Bank statement from UTI showing the Salary Transactions in the account (this doesnt show the source name)
- Letter from UTI bank to show the source of the Salary for each month
- Tax Statements for year 2006-2007
- Form-16 from "Previous Comapny 1"
- Letter explaining Taxes procedure in India
- Photocopy from the http://www.oanda.com/ to show the Rupee to Pound conversion

Education
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Original Bachelors Degree (BSc Honrs. from Delhi University)
- Original Marksheet
- Original MBA diploma (in HR From Symbosis)
- Original MBA marksheet
- NAIRC comparison certificate (is this needed???)

English Requirements
- IELTS Certificate
- IELTS Marksheets

Others
- Original IT PAN number showing photograph with name Twisha Bhardwaj
- Orginal Driving Liscence showing photograph with name Twisha Swami
- Original ID card from "Current Employer" showing the photograph and the name as Twisha Bhardwaj
- Affidavite stating that Twisha Swami and Twisha Bhardwaj are names of same person.
- Cover letter explaing that the Twisha Swami and Twisha Bhardwaj are sames of same person (haven't fixsed the foramt yet)

Please see and advice ???????

Cheers
Twisha!!!

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Tue May 08, 2007 9:08 am

Hi All please advice ????????

sanyam
Newly Registered

Post by sanyam » Tue May 08, 2007 10:04 am

Bingo!
I must say that its a comprehensive documentation. Go ahead! Results should come within a month.

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Tue May 08, 2007 5:35 pm

Thanks sanyam....

Lets see when I will be able to apply ???? I think Its difficult these days and so I am not expectign a +ve response for my aplication.

Lets hope

cheers!!!
Twisha

sanyam
Newly Registered

Post by sanyam » Tue May 08, 2007 6:15 pm

twisha,
well i dont agree to you, see the applications success rate at http://trackitt.com/ ive been tracking HSMP for almost 2 yrs, and these days seem to be the fastest to me. You have a good document set, i dont see any issues.

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Wed May 09, 2007 9:20 am

hi sanyam .... thanks for the support but the only reason I am worried about is that in my case there are few surname related issues as you know about those already.....

and what i feel after goining thru this foroum for 3-4 months now that case workers are looking even small reasons to reject the application. The its a normal case with all documents as i have mentioned then there are 80% chances of getting the approval... but to be honest I am just guessing ... lets see what happens ... will keep you posted on same ... or you can see the MAY applicant thread as well ...

thanks for ur support
cheers!!
Twisha