ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

gap

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fasaal

gap

Post by fasaal » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:04 am

Hello every One,

I applied for student visa extension application 22 days before my visa expired but forget to have money in my bank so the ukba can't collect my visa fee and they sent my application back to me as an "Invalid Application". I received this application after 5 days of my visa expired. I sent the application again to ukba next day and get the student extension. Then PSW but I never mentioned in both application that I ever overstay in this country now I am applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

In the application form there is a question Have you ever stayed in the United Kingdom beyond the end of your period of leave?

My question is: what should I mention there yes or no?

Please Help

desibabu

Re: gap

Post by desibabu » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi,

To my knowledge NO. Coz you did not over stay if you had applied within 28 days.
Lets see what the seniors on this forum has to say.

regards
fasaal wrote:Hello every One,

I applied for student visa extension application 22 days before my visa expired but forget to have money in my bank so the ukba can't collect my visa fee and they sent my application back to me as an "Invalid Application". I received this application after 5 days of my visa expired. I sent the application again to ukba next day and get the student extension. Then PSW but I never mentioned in both application that I ever overstay in this country now I am applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

In the application form there is a question Have you ever stayed in the United Kingdom beyond the end of your period of leave?

My question is: what should I mention there yes or no?

Please Help

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:47 pm

If you were in the UK with no leave, then you had overstayed (24(1)(b)(i)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.