ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time frames for SET (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maddy22
Newly Registered

Time frames for SET (O)

Post by Maddy22 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi all,

I sent my application in on February 19th 2013. I received a letter to have my biometric information read dated 26th February which I did promptly on March 3rd.

I applied by post with no solicitor or anything like that.

I'm now just waiting to hear back. I know that I was told to make no travel plans but my parents are arriving on July 25th from NZ for a month holiday and my lovely mum has planned many things. I really didn't foresee it taking this long and am now pretty stressed that I won't be able to do anything with them while they are here.

It has been nearly five months. How long has other people's taken and is there anything I can do? They say don't even bother ringing them till 6 months has passed. Ma and Pa will be gone by then...

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance x

Scooter1
Newly Registered

Post by Scooter1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:40 pm

There are several timeline threads, do a search on Set (o) timelines. The one from november is very interesting. They are basiccally now taking between and 8-10 months. My six months was wendsday, and I called the BA and they told me that no decision had been made yet, and she basically said that they were just now beginning to work on nov/december apps....even though they still insist that 99% are done in six months. I suggest writing your MP!

Maddy22
Newly Registered

Post by Maddy22 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Scooter1 wrote:There are several timeline threads, do a search on Set (o) timelines. The one from november is very interesting. They are basiccally now taking between and 8-10 months. My six months was wendsday, and I called the BA and they told me that no decision had been made yet, and she basically said that they were just now beginning to work on nov/december apps....even though they still insist that 99% are done in six months. I suggest writing your MP!
Thanks for you reply. It does not look very promising does it! Rats.

I guess I was hoping for a success story to give me a little faith...

I did find some of the other threads. Thanks for your suggestion. Good luck with yours x